I use a photo red puck , UV puck and deep red puck in addition to my budget 250/3 light in a 2x4 tent . The deep red does the Emerson effect for 20 mins after lights out . The UV comes on for twenty mins halfway thru my daily light cycle and the photo is on full time with the main light . These led's are already in my light , I just supplement them with these extras ! They aren't very pricy , $35 to $40 per puck. These are things I have learned about and applied to my grows from this Wonderfull Forum full of GREAT PEOPLE !:passitleft:JUST LIKE WE'RE DOIN NOW :yummy:
And what is a "puck?" Is it something that can be screwed in to a normal socket?

@Emilya this may interest you? Are you adding red or uv i forget?
I see value in Robert's work in that he explains how we should not overlook the value of the deep and far red, but that is not the experiment that I am doing. My lights all include a good portion of this red light and have this component on whenever the light itself is on in its full spectrum mode, manufactured that way because of Robert's work.
I am doing something differently and have added separate deep and far red to my system that can be controlled independently and instead of a puck I used a manufactured strip of LEDs. This allows me to turn these lights on for specific periods of 20 minutes during light change events, ie before sunrise and after sunset. This gives me the advantage called the Emmerson Effect, practically eliminates "stretch" and allows me to extend the day period beyond 12 hours of light, without affecting the flowering period.

714732D5-1B2E-4E62-802A-DBCA35263166.jpeg

What light schedule are you going with? Rider ran 14/10 in flower in 2018 and grew big flowers in his red puck/RWDC setup with no negative effects back then:
It was my intent when starting bloom to gradually slide up from 12/12 to 14/10 by the end of bloom. The experiment was put on hold for a bit when we realized that we have Omicron and would not be able to manage the grow as tightly as we would like, during a major lighting experiment. We made two adjustments so far with the schedule at the present moment set to 12:40/11:20 with red/far red turned on 20 minutes before and after each light change. So far, I am seeing almost zero stretch and what looks like a shortening of the flowering period of 60 days, maybe shortening the bloom time by a week or so... time will tell. Depending on how the plants look over the next couple of days, I may add more daylight to their day to 13/11.

P1180184 (2).JPG
P1180186.JPG

just cuz

72 hours of drought, in my hempy,, growing at perhaps a slightly slower pace than normal due to some nute issues

but the beginning of the wilt is there, at about the length of time i thot it might. i actually expected the 72 hr point would show more wilt but the nute issue could account

i might suggest that it might be near another 24 hrs to get the max wilt,,

just an experiment to see how long at this point it could drought

i completely see the potential, at this point, because of less water usage later in flower and some kind of manual watering technique that i can replicate to a acceptable degree, a soil drought

as soon as this plant and it's twin recover a bit from the leaf curl they will go into flower,, my plants always do so much better in my flower room

the fert issue i think is because i use mega crop, and i have so few plants in the system right now, i was mixing small amounts of fert and i think i was adding too many balls and not enuf powder,, the balls are nitrogen and calcium,, so, fewer balls and a bit of cal/mag will bring them round,,

i will that to be so please

:Namaste:

Guys and gals,

Didn't want anyone to think I abandoned this but I had Covid come out in the house again, a plant that hermied and I didn't catch it and hermied all my autos. Had to pull them early and am going through the arduous process of not only trimming but de seeding and trimming...I had 2 others in preflower who I'm watching nervously isolated from my veggies, who I just know caught pollen on their preflowers...they were just starting to bud so those wilp probably need to get trashed. Just got a lot going on atm and not a lot of time.

I'll be back soon. Thanks again for all you do here.

Oh no, sorry to hear about Coivd and the Hermy. So the hermy pollinated the rest of your grow. That really sucks. I had my outdoor get pollinated by hemp fields, we just turned it into ice cream, I didn't worry about the seeds to much. I have a couple jars left, we will make some other edibles with that stuff. Wife ate the ice-cream and said she was stoned while sleeping. lol.

Oh no, sorry to hear about Coivd and the Hermy. So the hermy pollinated the rest of your grow. That really sucks. I had my outdoor get pollinated by hemp fields, we just turned it into ice cream, I didn't worry about the seeds to much. I have a couple jars left, we will make some other edibles with that stuff. Wife ate the ice-cream and said she was stoned while sleeping. lol.
I didn't know that was possible, but it sounds like a great night of sleep.

Guys and gals,

Didn't want anyone to think I abandoned this but I had Covid come out in the house again, a plant that hermied and I didn't catch it and hermied all my autos. Had to pull them early and am going through the arduous process of not only trimming but de seeding and trimming...I had 2 others in preflower who I'm watching nervously isolated from my veggies, who I just know caught pollen on their preflowers...they were just starting to bud so those wilp probably need to get trashed. Just got a lot going on atm and not a lot of time.

I'll be back soon. Thanks again for all you do here.
I am very sorry to hear of the 420 hermie situation and the Covid in the house. We all wish you the best and hope all health problems will be resolved positively soon. We all miss your thoughtful dialog.

Back
Top Bottom