Drying plants while still in the pot?

jokerlola

There used to be a guy called Riddleme on another forum that used to dry his cannabis while still in the pot it was growing in. He was just bring the potted plants into his dark, drying room and let them dry in the pots. He claimed it produced buds that didn't require curing. Has anyone ever tried this?

Well maybe, just maybe.... The first person to ever get stoned off of weed stumbled across an old dried up weed plant & since he was out of tobacco & jones-ing for something to smoke he rolled it up to smoke ? I surely can't see the first person to smoke it taking a bud off the plant, drying it & curing it first.
So although I haven't heard of anyone drying weed in a pot, it does sound very possible. Not so sure about the No Cure part though.
Can't wait to hear the other replies.

In some ways it makes sense, from the curing standpoint. The plant would be trying to survive and pulling water, so the dry would be slow. The flip side would be that the plant, without sun, i,e., “power”, would be cannabalizing itself to stay alive, which I don’t think would help with the quality of the buds. Interesting subject, that ‘s my take on it, let’s hear some more!

Edit: How much it would affect the bud quality would be dependent on how long the plant can survive in the dark.

In some ways it makes sense, from the curing standpoint. The plant would be trying to survive and pulling water, so the dry would be slow. The flip side would be that the plant, without sun, i,e., “power”, would be cannabalizing itself to stay alive, which I don’t think would help with the quality of the buds. Interesting subject, that ‘s my take on it, let’s hear some more!

Edit: How much it would affect the bud quality would be dependent on how long the plant can survive in the dark.
Good point on how long the plant could survive without light. How healthy is that for the buds which are finishing their flowering cycle.

I tried something similar a couple of times except I put the plant in the back room where it would get some weak sunlight through one of the windows but no where near the amount of light as sitting on the patio or sitting in the flowering tent under lights. Could not get past the idea of no light for a week or three while the plant died. It did not sound like a good idea.

There used to be a guy called Riddleme on another forum that used to dry his cannabis while still in the pot it was growing in. He was just bring the potted plants into his dark, drying room and let them dry in the pots. He claimed it produced buds that didn't require curing. Has anyone ever tried this?
“Brown bushing”. Is what he called it. I’ve never tried it.
He also had a method of “boiling the roots”. And drowning the plant to finish. Tried both—drowning and boiling the roots causes quick fade and your weed is ready to smoke sooner. I don’t do that anymore.
He used to say keep em green till chop—I do feed till finish.
He didn’t believe in all the snake oil the marketers push for cannabis cultivation. That right there got him my respect.
He also found elusive phenos that produced early translucent amber trichomes.
He was an interesting guy. Hasn’t been around in a while. I assume he was a generation older than I. Puts him in his 80s with my math.

I don’t know what happened to the guy (Riddleme). He just disappeared in like 2019 or 2020. A few on the other forum said that he died. He was in the Denver area and he had some different and interesting methods and theories. He also did a lot of breeding and sold or gave out a lot of seeds.

Herbalists over the millennia have always pulled their herbs and hung them upside down indoors. I don't think you can really improve over that kind of experience, except for convenience in space and time in our modern world.

Back
Top Bottom