DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

i love this method already, ive dried some bits just hanging in a cupboard, little bits, came out alright still, but looking at the critical buds and the feel of them now been in the fridge for over 2 weeks they look fresh and smell is coming back, starting to feel crisp all on the outsides.

i have washed all that i am lo and slow drying,
after doing the gas there was a heavy smell of the buds in there for sure, i cant help but wonder how many trichs are actually lost through washing, i was very gently, as i was apprehensive still, and after they dried off they were still glistening and sticky as hell, but still.. lol

love the acrid smell of the fridge when its opend when fresh bud is first put in lol
so strong a waft in the face.

cant wait for the end product to be ready!

falstaffo i dont think anything is lost.
another member ran the water he used through a micron screen and nothing came through after he washed his harvest.

i do also notice a string smell when i wash the buds though so it has made me wonder, i always thought it was just the flower being dunked in water that enhanced the smell.
like how you can smell plants on a rainy day

Hiya. Can I please double check with you..

Does this mean you don’t do the washing bit? Sorry if I’m missing something. Pricked my ears up at that as maybe a way to take a run-up at the whole method?

I’ve gotta say though...@Sctanley007 ... those buds back there look like the business!
I have washed bud in the past but have a sterile environment and clean plants...so...I found it didn’t make much difference. I do not wash now. Just chop, manicure and put into brown bags (half full) and crumple the tops loosely to close. I move the buds/bags around once a day (very gently). That’s it.

Thank you for explaining that. I still have six or eight weeks to get my head around this. I balked first of all at the idea of rinsing your hard-grown harvest in hydrogen peroxide (which is obviously a sound idea or people wouldn’t do it. Let’s not look at that logic too closely). Then read mention of washing in lemon juice and baking soda instead.
While I am convinced that low and slow is the way to go, I haven’t yet shaken my apprehension with washing. One reason I started growing was to get away from the junk that seems to get used on buds I buy. Sprays and nutes people use to increase yield or bag-appeal, you know what I mean. Gives me headaches and makes me ill. Anyway, thanks for getting back I appreciate it. Maybe I’ll do half/half. A lot can happen in 8 weeks. We’ see.
:reading420magazine:

Thank you for explaining that. I still have six or eight weeks to get my head around this. I balked first of all at the idea of rinsing your hard-grown harvest in hydrogen peroxide (which is obviously a sound idea or people wouldn’t do it. Let’s not look at that logic too closely). Then read mention of washing in lemon juice and baking soda instead.
While I am convinced that low and slow is the way to go, I haven’t yet shaken my apprehension with washing. One reason I started growing was to get away from the junk that seems to get used on buds I buy. Sprays and nutes people use to increase yield or bag-appeal, you know what I mean. Gives me headaches and makes me ill. Anyway, thanks for getting back I appreciate it. Maybe I’ll do half/half. A lot can happen in 8 weeks. We’ see.
:reading420magazine:
i think any person or company growing for sale and spraying anything incl pesticides or neem oils and such should wash, the h202 is the route i went, i read once the lemon juice you buy in the squeezy bottles has other shit in. and what h202 is just water with an extra oxygen molecule, sterilises and food grade, good enough for me

inside my tent i try to keep cleab, but the outside is a dusty environment, plus stray hairs around, i like the idea of washing all that off so.

:high-five: Good enough for me. Thanks for that. I’m glad I said something - I got better things to be confused about than how to do this stuff :nerd-with-glasses:
I know what you mean I clean and bleach everything weekly(ish) but why go to the trouble of growing the best buds you can and then season it with the stuff you’d clean off your exhaust’s prefilter. A room full of sticky pollen traps and airborne particulates about the right size to get stuck. I think you have made a compelling and persuasive argument and a convert.
Forgive me if you’ve been through this already and thanks for saving me squinting at my phone for hours trying to find stuff out. It stands to reason that the resins aren’t water soluble so you lose nothing.
I can’t wait to reap the rewards of your collective wisdom. I like the way collaborative research works in the hive mind of the 420 Mag community. You’re clearly getting genius level work done here. I don’t think I’m exaggerating. Look at @Hdinkleman ’s treatment by people with their minds made up. Only happens to geniuses, well known fact. Really makes you think, like wouldn’t it be great right, bear with me, if there was some way of elevating thought at that level across a population what you could achieve! What we need is a dru... :sorry::laughtwo:

So i’ve Bought my fridge, and it looks like it’s resting at 35% RH with nothing inside of it. Is that a good starting point?

yup, mine is at 43%

youll see the humidity increase with fresh buds in the fridge, dont worry take the leap of faith

the temperature slows the drying, i dont even keep a hygrometer in the fridge anymore

my rh was 99% for the first week in one fridge
i havent checked the other..
2 full..
not worried about it as everything is drying lovely so humidity isnt an issue in the cold i guess

my rh was 99% for the first week in one fridge
i havent checked the other..
2 full..
not worried about it as everything is drying lovely so humidity isnt an issue in the cold i guess

yup dont need to worry about the humidity or mold with this method

this site is full of dooshbags

i started the thread, you can see how it unravels about halfway through. i did go off kind of, but still.

when i stopped posting is when they banned me.

reminds me of Platos Allegory of the Cave

our site here on 420 magazine is by far the best forum i have been a part of, thanks for all the support and letting me ramble on like a madman lmao

:bong::lot-o-toke::thumb::snowboating::laughtwo:

Im currently on page 6 of this thread but dont know that I will get to definitive info about drying/curing in time for my 1st harvest. I plan on reading the whole topic, but for the sake of saving time is there a general guide that this thread has culminated in? Im a complete neophyte in the drying and curing arts.

...Meanwhile Ill get back to the thread, it is interesting

Im currently on page 6 of this thread but dont know that I will get to definitive info about drying/curing in time for my 1st harvest. I plan on reading the whole topic, but for the sake of saving time is there a general guide that this thread has culminated in? Im a complete neophyte in the drying and curing arts.

...Meanwhile Ill get back to the thread, it is interesting
I like MrSauga's summary here.

this site is full of dooshbags

i started the thread, you can see how it unravels about halfway through. i did go off kind of, but still.

when i stopped posting is when they banned me.

reminds me of Platos Allegory of the Cave

our site here on 420 magazine is by far the best forum i have been a part of, thanks for all the support and letting me ramble on like a madman lmao

:bong::lot-o-toke::thumb::snowboating::laughtwo:

Hey Dink! I read that entire thread and yeah 420 mag is a LOT better! There were really 9nly a few dickheads but a couple of them took the prize for king dickhead! That one guy who grows thousands of plants may be the biggest dickhead in the history of dickheads, ha!

Besides that, there were a number of people intreagued by low and slow so good for you in raising some awareness! :high-five:

Hey Dink! I read that entire thread and yeah 420 mag is a LOT better! There were really 9nly a few dickheads but a couple of them took the prize for king dickhead! That one guy who grows thousands of plants may be the biggest dickhead in the history of dickheads, ha!

Besides that, there were a number of people intreagued by low and slow so good for you in raising some awareness! :high-five:

yep. problem is its the same group of guys that are moderators and their “main” guys.

that beachwalker guy is a special kind of doosh, i literally broke down the science behind it (in theory) and he still tried to shoot me down.

oh well, their loss anyways.

anyways, almost has been 1 week, for the sale of multiple pics of not a whole lot of change i will do an update when i am closer to jarring.

if any of the first timers have questions just ask!! the method definitely works, just have to tweak it a tiny bit to suit your particular fridge.

420mag is king of the forum jungle!!

People are crazy. That thread , Dink, was very strange. It was like most of the people reading it were illiterate.
Closed-minded people like that - who seem to think they are clever - are no better than Harry “don’t bother me with the facts, my mind is made up” Anslinger.
What was it Dorothy Parker said?
“You can lead a horticulture, but you can’t make her think”.
There are a lot of good reasons 420 mag is as good as it is - the members.
I’ve never seen anyone here be anything but helpful. I’m glad to be part of it and trust you all implicitly.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom