DV8s Demense: Barney's Dynasty

DV8

Here it is!

For the longest time Ive wanted to run a dedicated grow of Barney's Farm varieties. The time and the space are now available to make an earnest beginning.

Grow is already under way.

First up is  Tino, a photoperiod Watermelon Zkittlez. Day 1 was November 6th. That puts her at Day 30. Shes been topped at 5th node and in training.
IMG_20221206_200439.jpg
Up-potted today to a 300 (4gal equivalent) with Great White mycos added. Grow medium is Canna Terra, and nutrients supplied by Back Country Blend, 3 part system, Veg, Bloom, & Bloom Booster. Veg light is a @Mars Hydro TS1000.

Next up is my second grow of a Critical Kush Autoflower. The first grow has just finished at 92 days and is in post harvest dry/cure. She broke through yesterday, 5th December. Welcome Tina.
IMG_20221206_200403.jpg

Both seeds came from @CoffeeShopSeeds , and so far Ive had 100% germination on all Barneys Farm seeds supplied.

Heres what the breeder says about the varieties selected.
IMG_20221206_230434.jpg

WATERMELON ZKITTLEZ™ Cannabis Seeds

Type: Feminised strain
Watermelon Zkittlez by Barneys Farm: This wonderfully balanced hybrid exhibits heavy sativa growth patterns that help to make her a heavy yielding production factory, with some growers able to achieve more than 1kg per plant when treated with love! Indoors you are going to be looking at around 550g/m2.

An invigorating and highly energising effect comes from sampling this wonderful rose of a cannabis strain. Pretty and fragrant, Watermelon Zkittlez will dazzle you with her upbeat effects which ignite your body and soul. A real tonic for the day’s stresses and problems. She makes them disappear in a cloud of smoke, as if by magic.

Before 63 days have passed, this beauty will launch into flower like a rocket, producing towering colas packed with buds which hang in quantity from every branch. At day 63 she will be ready for you. Unforgettable scents emerge throughout the flowering process and the different stages of drying.

The cheerful and happy impact from Watermelon fused together with our amazing Zkittlez makes for an absolutely fantastic and fruity cannabis experience that will have you coming back for more and more.

IMG_20221206_230834.jpg

CRITICAL KUSH AUTO™ Cannabis Seeds
Type: Autoflowering strain
One of BARNEYS FARM® most popular strains is now available in autoflowering, so say hello to the CRITICAL KUSH AUTO™. This strain was created by crossing the CRITICAL KUSH™ with our most advanced autoflowering breeding plant, and can be yours in just 8-9 weeks.

Flowering begins in the fifth week, with the final plant reaching up to 75cm. The main stem grows several side branches which are packed with tasty and compact heavy colas. And don’t forget about the delicious earthy pine and Kush flavours. This is an amazing choice for Indica lovers.

First in! They're looking great so far DV8, congrats on the new space. Now time to fill it :)

First in! They're looking great so far DV8, congrats on the new space. Now time to fill it :)
Thanks for stopping in mate!

Ready to give it a red hot go
Hey deev, judging from what you've been doing so far, this is going to be one helluva grow. :goodluck:
Thanks Carmen. Appreciate the good luck vibes too.
Lookin' good! I really need to work on my LST. Looking forward to see how this goes for ya
Welcome Suprabooster. And welcome to the forum.

Plenty of fantastic growers to give you inspiration and guidance on just about any grow style or method you can think of.
OMG @Stunger! I’m gonna fucking KILL you! You read the invitation wrong!

Sorry Deeve. He told me it was a “Barney’s Party”. Never trust a stoner.

E8232D46-3E84-44D8-A103-F71335DF0AE8.jpeg
This did make me laugh.

Omg. Its a laugh if you search Barney stoner pics....Even before I got here they were prolific, your rendition would fit right in!

Hey DV sorry I'm a little late Amigo. :high-five:
Trala hid my invitation. ;)
Hope your doing well my friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Well things are a bit mixed.

Poor old Auto Tina is flailing. Dont like to give up however she just wont find her feet and thrive. Clocks ticking.
20221214_201613.jpg
20221214_201630.jpg

Have day 3 or 4 vibes and shes nearing the end of day 10.

Tino has been a much more vibrant. Being a photo her progress has time to be corrected and enhanced.

Based on the Auto grows Im aiming for 6 fully developed main being nodes 2, 3 & 4 shaped to relative evenness, and fully developed branch nodal growth . Her tent buddy Ella is under the same training.

2 plants should help me decide if thats the right number. And buds will tell the real story.

Shes bottomed the pot and responded well to her feeding. Last few days have been cooler which she has loved, sitting in the grow zone between 21 and 26C for the full 18 hours.

20221214_201453.jpg

Will be interesting to have a comparison with her auto equivalent.
20221211_084509.jpg
Her fan shape is much fuller, and her nodes tighter so far.

Its day 38, and no set day for flip. Picked up a @Mars Hydro TS1000 and 70x70 Mars Hydro tent for her flowering run, so the transition from veg to flower should be relatively consistent, using (newest version) TS1000 after having her veg time under a shared TS1000.

This will replace the clone tent position in the grow room.

Benefit is two fold, as the clone/seedling light does warm the small tent quite considerably above ambient (+5-7C).

It can now go into the clean space on top of the grow supplies cupboard which remains much cooler, sometimes up to 10C less than the insulated area, at a much more convenient height too.

Then my flowering space capacity is doubled. For perpetual to work there has to be more 12hr space than 18.

Love, love, loving the Canna Terra blend soil mix. Combined with the Back Country Blend nutrients all my girls in veg tent have responded, very pleased with the switch.

Ive been a bit busy, time of year and too many cannas.

The Watermelon Zkittlez has bottomed the pot, and needs more veg feeding to continue. With the new tent and light theres a good chance that my Barneys will go in there.

At day 47 Tino has hit her stride. Shes had two accidents where I accidentally retopped her mains, so thats 4 mains remaining as intended.

Im interested to see how the other 2 go now.

Id like to veg here for a week or two more just to let here adjust to final pot and stagger my harvest times.

She will be my biggest tent girl so far by a margin.
20221223_061511.jpg

Which bring me to Tina, the Auto. This poor girl has no heart. She got a re-pot 2 days ago into Canna Terra, and started 3rd true seed leaves.

For her to be anything special she will need to get going. But where theres life, theres hope.
20221223_061458.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom