Nutes: only kangaroots through veg/FF Bloom nutes through flower
Pot:5 gallon fabric
Temp:75-77 day/68-70night
Cycle:18/6
Lights:600w full spectrum+ir
Birthday:4/5/17
Training:topped at 4th node/11 days old/ LST rest of the way
Rh: 45-55%

Ok this is a second journal for the sister of the experimental plant. At 11 days she is big enough to top(albeit earlier than I'm used too) idk how this will work out but if she is anything like her un-killable sister then she should do well. Slide up a chair and watch her explode with me:)
420-magazine-mobile1025765646.jpg
after her topping today

Less than 6 hours later and she's happy about her topping :)
420-magazine-mobile303041355.jpg
what do you think she thought about it? I see no stress in fact less than usual
420-magazine-mobile1992672416.jpg

Hello. Looking good.
Do you always top your autos, have you experienced typically larger yields.

Id like to think I'm semi experienced in autos how ever I've never topped one. I have 14 at day 5-6 really considering topping when the time is right.
Also in my experimenting I'm a huge fan of 24/0 with autos, seed quality/ good genetics does make a difference.
Well I'm here we shall watch her grow. She's in great shape
I do also have a grow journal at the moment, maybe you can give me your ideas along the way which could help vice versa.

My experience is this. If your auto hits her 4th node before the 2 week mark, top her. Also I switch from 24/0 to 18/6. The reason is because I have faster growth and less problems. We all took it as since they can get 24 and grow that it was best but this isn't true. 18/6 gives her time to do some pretty important things at night. Mine have actually gotten so used to their schedule they will drop 10 mins before lights out and pray 10mins before lights on. They need a little rest imho. But my yeild are much better. I top , then ponytail for 6-hours a day till it stops helping, then by three weeks I have 8main colas that are all the same size. She starts to branch more because of the topping and I LST to have 8-14 massive colas. Most I've pulled off one auto was just shy of 6ounces. That's with defoliation as well. Most I pulled from an untopped is 3.5. so I think it's great to top.

Ok quick update. I retopped her new growth to stop her at her third node. Then I popped those two big 5 leaf fans from the top as they were just shading it. Now I will have 6 main branches to tie down in a circle(like a spoked wheel) when they are big enough. This will act as a half ass form of mainlining. With a little training I'm gonna set the stage for one monster of an auto. Pics to come when it's worth showing

I have heard many things about topping autos. I am currently trying to save 1 plant and I started a DNA 60 Day Wonder(names misleading) auto in the meantime. I'm not doing a thing to mine other than changing light schedules when needed. My goal is to save and flower my photo plant if it's a girl(which I doubt because of the stress but you never know) and the preflowers look diff than other female preflowers I've seen.
:thumb: Great job though BulletTooth, she does look happy!

Ok guys and/or gals, glad to have you all along. Things have definitely just got more interesting. Three of her six tops are mutated. The last time I had this mutation it was only on one branch. Three of her branches have double budsites and extra branches. She is going to be super bushy. New pics to follow. She has grown quite alot but she is only getting low power light still. She is getting a big increase in light starting tomorrow. Bumping her up to a full 600 watts of led.

420-magazine-mobile2136044655.jpg
her new tops are growing great since the retop of her main(recut the new growth to stop the plant at the third node)
420-magazine-mobile404199165.jpg
different pics of her mutations
420-magazine-mobile1890796012.jpg
420-magazine-mobile365328896.jpg
420-magazine-mobile128448829.jpg
420-magazine-mobile22124993.jpg
she only grew two leaves on this tops first branches
420-magazine-mobile1132456651.jpg
i think she's gonna be big. Nutes have only been kangaroots​ at 4.2 ml gallon at this point. One watering.

To answer a question, she was germed in the soil. Prewet soil dropped the seed, two days later she was up. 24 hours later she dropped her seed off her leaves. Thats day one for me. After the seed top comes off the leaves. 11 days later I topped her. She is 20 days old now. This is 9 days after the topping

Retopping is what accelerates the growth so much in my opinion. After I top I let the two tops that were starting grow. But the two new tops that start to grow from my cut are recut again. Just under the last cut. This stops the stem from making any more nodes and sends her into a bulk up phase. I wait a day or two in-between the cuttings. Just enough time to see two little growth balls starting. I stopped the last one at the 4th node and she's doing well. But I think the third is the best spot. The 6 tops will be super big, and will be very branchy. This creates more tops. By laying all these branches down the center to the tops will all fill in hopefully giving me around 60 new budsite tops. That's if she gets long enough soon enough. But she seems to be doing well.

Wow she is doing great, i have 4 white widow auto and 5 thc bomb auto they are on day 15 today and after subbing to your journal i decided to top one of each today, they look to be about the size of your girl at day 11when you topped her. I have grown for a couple year's outdoor, however this will be my first indoor grow, definitely alot different from outdoors. I have them in a 4by4 tent under a mars2 1200, some are in 5 gallon and some are in 3 gallon. I will also try and do some lst when the time is right. I can only hope my auto's will react as good as yours has. I am going to follow along to see how your girl is gonna finish.

It seems as though that initial growth tells you everything. Ones that hit that magic size by or before they are 14 days old seem to react well. Any that are slow I leave to LST only. This has always worked as a good guide for topping. I'm glad you made the switch to trying indoor . It lets you really get to know your plants and strains. You can sit and watch em everyday(though it does make time crawl by). The kangaroots has been my go-to for big autos. Autos will grow faster when their roots hit a certain size. So I feed with kangaroots to help accelerate growth. It seems to make a difference if I don't put it in. And yeah the mutation is cool. Her sister had the same but on one branch only. But she retopped herself due to my error. Some of these have three and four branches in a circle where she should only have two. In-between every branch is a new growth tip. So she should be very bushy. I cant remember what the mutation is called but it's supposed to be a good one for bushy plants with lots of colas.

Back
Top Bottom