Nutes-Fox farm
Pots: 5gallon fabric
Strain: CKS EARLY MISS
Lights: 600watt LED (290tw) full spectrum+IR
Tent-2x2x4
First day up and green-3/5/2017
Temps-78°F day-72°F night
Humidity-55-65%

Ok now the fun. I've been growing and lurking for a while. So I don't need to much help on the basics, but I wanted to get some specific thoughts on a project of mine. I wanted to see how hard I could push an auto for a couple reasons. 1) if she hermied under extreme stress it wouldn't be that bad for seeds. 2) there is a lot of confusion about autos being weak and quick to die under stress 3) we have to go to the unknown to grow. Techniques​ include heavy defoliation (once a week with increasing amount), topping,LST, and lollipopping(on an idica no less!)and she has had micro doses of nutes to build up her tolerance since day 7. Full 600 watt light since day one at 12 inches to start now at 15 to induce more stretch as she is a month old. I know I'm a little late but I honestly thought I'd kill it by now. She did top herself during her stretch and I don't know how that's affecting her . The top that topped itself is still growing but it seems behind on preflowers compared to the others . So if you wanna come laugh at someone who cant kill their plant now's the Time. I'm grateful for any and all knowledge. Any help would be fantastic. Maybe Atrain can come tell me how bad I've muffed up this plant lol.

420-magazine-mobile795515224.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1250076934.jpg
420-magazine-mobile760705205.jpg
420-magazine-mobile26907272.jpg
420-magazine-mobile679244257.jpg

I too pushed my autos to the limit. It was my first grow and it was a learning experiment. I found that there is so much bad information out there about autos being so fragile and finicky. That may be true for some strains but the White Widow I was growing handled everything with ease. I harvested 7.8ozs from the first two plants and 7.4ozs from the third.

I transplanted first from sphagnum pucks to Solo cups, and then into 5gal fabric Smart Pots using FFOF soil. I topped, LST'd, and unintentionally supercropped them. I broke one main branch while performing some not so light training that failed to mend, and I broke another that did mend itself and went on to produce some beautiful colas. I ran them 24/0 during much of the veg stage, 18/6 through the end of veg and into flower, and then 12/12 when I had to flip a photo grow. Each plant was very short but wide and had a ton of colas.

If you aren't banking on a successful outcome (I wasn't) then why not have some fun with it, right?

I understand that fully! It's fun to play with them. I trimmed everything but these tops and decided to see what 8 would do. She's very Stout and my LST turned into more of her trying to break the reins holding her back. She just started her stretch at week 4 so imo shes a good size for all the stress I've given her. She's been hard defoliated 4 times and never slowed down. I took two big handfulls of tops and some fan leaves every time. And I clipped her fan leaves to knot up under each of these 8tops as soon as each of the growth tips were 1/4 inch some even smaller like a 16th of an inch. I found that she grows harder and is quicker to re leaf each time I cut her now. She didn't show and stress whatsoever this last time

I started another one exactly one month after . I'm going to top her and try and mainline her . I figure I would try for 16 tops(8+8) manifold. I have no doubt as of right now that autos could benefit from it if they are this fast and vigorous

I started another one exactly one month after . I'm going to top her and try and mainline her . I figure I would try for 16 tops(8+8) manifold. I have no doubt as of right now that autos could benefit from it if they are this fast and vigorous
Also 24/0 with the random "thunderstorm" where I cool the temps slightly, dim the lights , then give her a heavy foliar feeding, cut the lights for two-three hours. She seems to like this the most.

420-magazine-mobile2055662138.jpg

Another round of defoliation. This is the lightest she has had since I started. Mostly all growth tips and a couple of smaller tops that didn't make it to the canopy. One small leaf that was blocking a lot of growth. I think she is coming up on just a week left of preflower stretch so I'm gonna let her heal up and touch her no more. See what happens when she is done. I think I'm going to run my other girl as a Christmas tree instead of manifold. And I wanna put her on a lazy Susan that spins. Then I'll hang a lot of side lighting, maybe mixed spectrums, and let it spin. She should grow in a spiral I hope, but the light from the sides should be even, so I don't know.

I think a disclaimer is in order. FOR ALL NEW GROWERS: Do NOT do what I am doing. This is in no way meant to be a guide. Wanna grow killer smoke? Follow A-train and Oldschool 64. That's how I learned and following them will give you CONSISTENT and AMAZING results. I am just being stupid and curious and am in no way thinking this will work. it does kinda look like it might but if your trying to pay bills or bookies I wouldn't attempt this.

Hopefully I can get some good results(quality). She's a heavy eater. Just watered with full strength nutes , watering until flush about 1liter out the bottom. pH has been creeping slightly so I adjusted it to 5.9. figured she might like the change a little and she's responding well. Already perked up and praying good. Although this one top(the self topper) was showing signs of cal-mag def. So I gave her a little Epsom and pH water foliar feed. She is way behind the others but I think there is still time for her to develop. It's weird because she had three leaves and three growth tips during veg. Like one mutant top and the others are great. Even her leaves look different from the rest

I too pushed my autos to the limit. It was my first grow and it was a learning experiment. I found that there is so much bad information out there about autos being so fragile and finicky. That may be true for some strains but the White Widow I was growing handled everything with ease. I harvested 7.8ozs from the first two plants and 7.4ozs from the third.

I transplanted first from sphagnum pucks to Solo cups, and then into 5gal fabric Smart Pots using FFOF soil. I topped, LST'd, and unintentionally supercropped them. I broke one main branch while performing some not so light training that failed to mend, and I broke another that did mend itself and went on to produce some beautiful colas. I ran them 24/0 during much of the veg stage, 18/6 through the end of veg and into flower, and then 12/12 when I had to flip a photo grow. Each plant was very short but wide and had a ton of colas.

If you aren't banking on a successful outcome (I wasn't) then why not have some fun with it, right?
Damn you got 7.8 oz out of an auto "ww" I'm stunned. I have an order for that myself and I was only expecting 50 to 75 grams . Mann what exactly do I need to do to get that type of yield. Like you have mentioned there is so much bad info out that I don't know what to take out it anymore. Thanks man . You have a new sub

Damn you got 7.8 oz out of an auto "ww" I'm stunned. I have an order for that myself and I was only expecting 50 to 75 grams . Mann what exactly do I need to do to get that type of yield. Like you have mentioned there is so much bad info out that I don't know what to take out it anymore. Thanks man . You have a new sub

Ha! I'm growing tomatoes right now. I've got baby cherry tomatoes that I'm growing up to move to the outdoor green house. My medical card expires in June and I don't want to start another cannabis grow until I know my renewal is in order.

Quick update she has releafed again. I'm not going to defoliate anymore as I think it would only hurt her at this point. I have been just tucking leaves and moving branches around with LST. She just won't stop. I've increased her feed and it looks like she's drinking black coffee now. As for nute burn , only a very minimal amount on the tips of some leaves . Not all. I think this was due to the nute switch and since week three she was getting open sesame at 1/2 tsp per gallon. She was switched to beastie blooms at the same ratio. I think the burn was 1/4 tsp open sesame and 1/4 tsp beastie blooms at the 3 1/2 week mark for transition. When I switch to Cha ching I won't do a half and half transition. The best nutes(show the most results) would have to be (keep me kelp you, kangaroots(amazing roots), bembe, and the trio of bloom enhancers(open sesame,beastie blooms, and Cha ching) these are my personal favs and I'm sure there are others just as good, I just enjoy the results of these. Especially the kelp and bembe. Absolutely amazing. When I switched to the bembe it was like she got a second wind and I'm having trouble controlling her with LST. Pictures to come at the end. I'm having trouble uploading so it'll be more text at the moment.

K well I changed my mind. Took 64 fan leaves starting at the tops. Opened a lot of bud sites up to the light. This was done to increase light to buds. See how she looks in a week. She's been releafing herself every 10 days.

420-magazine-mobile2087165555.jpg
5 1/2 weeks(40) days from first day up. She's forming nice up top. Her stem is thick, broomstick or thicker. She has about 45-50 days to build buds still so I think this experiment is going to be a failure. Failure because of the success . By all the old standards this plant should have been dead. I think it's time we up our game with autos. I think she's gonna bring a rather plentiful harvest. Next one I top I will spider tie. Stretch it out and pick the back(side of the stem not facing the center stalk) then let all your tops grow. Next grow journal I'll do one and compare to an untrained in a side by side.

420-magazine-mobile1870691855.jpg
the 64 fan leaves that were cut from the tops. All took at once with no stress. Though she has been defoliated many times so I think she's used to it.

I wanna give a quick watering tip. What I do is use a spray bottle with a stream setting. I mist the top of my soil a few times to help hold it in place. Then using the stream setting I blast little holes in the soil. This gives me a lot of tiny little air holes over the top of the soil. This helps the soil dry quicker and help add oxygen to the soil. If you want the best crop (lots more time from you needed) you can give her exactly what she needs for three days. If she's not drying out a pot every three days after her third week, then I back down the water till she is. My seedlings also get no water for about the first 20-25 days. I pre moistened the soil and mist her till the seed falls off then no water till she's almost bone dry. My roots and stems are always big. The roots will even grow across the top of my pots just under the top layer of dirt. If you over water or don't have enough drainage your yeild will suffer in the end. You have to start them right.

Back
Top Bottom