Early Topping An Auto! Only 11 Days Old

Lol I don't really like mutants. So touchy. But I'ma grow it out for the knowledge to be here for anyone who is interested. And maybe a little for the smoke. Maybe she will be a monster like some them other poly's. But I can't give nutes so idk

It seems as though that initial growth tells you everything. Ones that hit that magic size by or before they are 14 days old seem to react well. Any that are slow I leave to LST only. This has always worked as a good guide for topping. I'm glad you made the switch to trying indoor . It lets you really get to know your plants and strains. You can sit and watch em everyday(though it does make time crawl by). The kangaroots has been my go-to for big autos. Autos will grow faster when their roots hit a certain size. So I feed with kangaroots to help accelerate growth. It seems to make a difference if I don't put it in. And yeah the mutation is cool. Her sister had the same but on one branch only. But she retopped herself due to my error. Some of these have three and four branches in a circle where she should only have two. In-between every branch is a new growth tip. So she should be very bushy. I cant remember what the mutation is called but it's supposed to be a good one for bushy plants with lots of colas.
Thanks for sharing good to know. I have lost some autos that did not recover well. So now of in two weeks it hadn't friends to 4th node then I'll be leaving them. Thanks very much

Yeah it's always worked out for me. I too lost some to topping and almost made me believe you couldn't top them. But now following the 2week rule it has made all the difference

LST starts today through both stretches. She has so many growth tips it was hard to find tie down spots lol. Here she is right after. I'll update to show how quick she stands up.
420-magazine-mobile749151694.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2035377326.jpg
420-magazine-mobile943676410.jpg
a couple shots of mutated branches. Problem is one branch(node 1A) is smaller and growth tips are much further behind. Hopefully this lst will help her some or I'll probably just cut her off if it doesn't catch up. My experience with autos is that a weak branch will never be anything more than a leech. But I'll give her a couple weeks to catch up to her siblings.
I like how you train your branches, is that pretty much the same thing as bowl training, i saw a video of a guy training kinda like that and he was calling it bowl training, may have just been his term for it im not sure, but that is how i am going to attempt to train mine when time is right. Looking geat by the way.✌

Yeah I've never been sure what it was called lol. I popped a few leaves off the top for some light penetration since she has so many tops. I'll show you. But yeah this is my favorite way to train.

Thats my hope. If not I'll remove the node 1A branch. Even though it's always my favorite. Biggest buds in my experience comes from node 1a and node 1b.

I've seen alot of people put autos through alot of hard training, i think for my first grow im going to keep lst to the minimal, just spread branches out the best i can without risking alot of stress and maybe do some tucking and mild defoliation to help open the budsights.✌

If you notice I'm still having trouble with the bottom left branch. She is just not growing her bottoms.
420-magazine-mobile1013560854.jpg
Give her time brother.. she will grow my blessings man.

I appreciate you kingjoe. She's still behind her siblings but overall what a beast. Some of her poly tops decided to split into two normal heads. Poly on the bottom normal on the top. But one branch is my favorite. That 3x3 poly top will be a monster I believe. I readjusted her straps and she's responding well. Pics to follow. I'll just strip whatever tips don't make it to the canopy by the second stretch. Figure since she don't want nutes, I'll reduce the amount of foliage to increase her growth. Did your NYC diesel ever plump any? Mine was skinny but she's plumping up nice and should finish pretty.

I appreciate you kingjoe. She's still behind her siblings but overall what a beast. Some of her poly tops decided to split into two normal heads. Poly on the bottom normal on the top. But one branch is my favorite. That 3x3 poly top will be a monster I believe. I readjusted her straps and she's responding well. Pics to follow. I'll just strip whatever tips don't make it to the canopy by the second stretch. Figure since she don't want nutes, I'll reduce the amount of foliage to increase her growth. Did your NYC diesel ever plump any? Mine was skinny but she's plumping up nice and should finish pretty.
No this game ur grew dead buds.

With zero nutes and only 2 waterings I'm surprised. But honestly she likes it all natural lol
Crazy .. see how ki g she goes this way before she gets hungry

Back
Top Bottom