EinsteinCross' First Grow - Indoor 1-3 plant SCRoG - Late 2014

EinsteinCross

What strain is it? (2) Unknown sex Afghan, and (1) Feminized Dinafem White Widow

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? The Afghan is pure indica (supposedly). The Dinafem White Widow is a hybrid. I cannot tell what the percentages of it are because my only known resource to find that information out is Leafly.com which so far is really beautifully designed but not informative enough of a website. Maybe there are some features I am missing.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? They are super tiny seedlings at the time of this post. I germinated them about 24 hours prior

If in Veg... For how long?

If in Flower stage... For how long?

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? I purchased a soil and Super soil called B.U.D. (Better Urban Dirt) which is out of Oregon

If soil... What size pot? I will be using 7 gal grow bags

Size of light? 1000watt Digital ballast with a MH bulb for veg and HPS for flowerin'

Is it aircooled? yes

Temp of Room/cab? At the moment its reading 81.2f and 91% humudity (in propagator)

RH of Room/cab?

PH of media or res? I honestly do not know - yet. I was sold on the packaged soil that it is so well mixed that I do not need to concern myself with the pH. If this is a false notion feel free to offer guidance on the proper way to test my media pH accurately.

Any Pests ? No

How often are you watering? No watering - yet. the babies are absorbing the humidity for the most part right now

Type and strength of ferts used? I am not using any additional ferts I am rather firm on this grow being pure organic. The soil is all organic and I use a product called Vegan Special Sauce which is a great beneficial microbe powder that inoculates when simply mixed with waters. I will also add a healthy amount of this in between the layer of super soil (which is the bottom 20-30% of the grow bag) and the regular soil.

Any pro advice is GREATLY sought, i'm very nervous for them and I don't want to do too much or too little for this grow, first grow or not I am seeking amazing quality and i believe with the help of this community I will get just that!

20141130_123357.jpg

20141130_091938.jpg

20141130_092036.jpg

20141130_091957.jpg

20141130_092050.jpg

20141130_092649.jpg

Thanks so much in advance! I am glad you chose to come take a look! Cheers

-EC

Re: EinsteinCross' First Grow (Indoor 1-3 plant SCRoG) late 2014

Just wanted to offer a quick update picture. This is only 12 hours since the last shoot of the seedlings and I wont always post pics daily but in the super young state they grow so fast and its just so impressive to me I had to share it!

20141130_195733.jpg

Nice, clean, simple. Looking good so far. I might suggest putting your filter on the other way... umm by that I mean, put it in the tent, hook up the fan to blow out of the tent. It's better to draw from a filter than to try to push out a filter. Happy growing!

I have my filter outside of the tent because I will be using supplemental Co2 and having the filter inside the tent defeats that purpose, I appreciate the advice though! I believe I will have enough air flow and also maintain a good temp this way. Also the filter is not pushing anything, its definitely pulling from the outside room, its only purpose for me anyway is simply heat control of the supercool tube and aid in smell.

Edit: If you or anybody else believes they have a better way to achieve what I am trying to do please inform me, its why we're here :)

Subbed. I went looking,hoping to find another new grow by a first timer to follow and found you. :) How fortuitous that you are also growing organic and that we are both growing Dianfem White Widows. This should be interesting. I just planted my seeds yesterday, directly into the no-till pots. If they come up we will be running at about the same rate.

That Veganic Special Sauce looks intriguing. The whole set up looks fantastic and clean. Best of luck to you EinsteinCross.

Nice to meet you Sweetsue and thanks SO much for the encouragement! Your grow sounds like its going to be very healthy grow I will follow yours as well if you are making a journal, let's grow!

It will be a pleasure to have you check in sometime EinsteinCross. It's been all preparation up to now. The soil cooked for a month. I'm growing three autos first time out and it will be interesting to compare the progress of our White Widows. The link to my grow journal is in my signature.

Right on! I am super excited, well here's one more pic officially day 2 of life for these three beautiful specimens.

20141201_182044.jpg

Good morning everybody! I just wanted to stop in before my day takes off and give a brief update.

I think all three are doing well, I am concerned that the white widow (right flower) is struggling with too much h2o. The propagator accumulated so much moisture on the lid that some droplets landed directly on them, while the afghan seedlings didn't seem bothered - the White Widow appeared overwatered and even has it's first foliage "glued" down to the stem with a water droplet.. I tried to get a good picture of this, but I dont have a lens that can focus on that small of detail yet. Any advice is sought.

20141203_075058.jpg

I am not too worried but if you've seen this before and think I should do something please feel free!

Hello errbody! Just got finished transplanting the seedlings. I had to use containers that I wouldn't prefer but I plan on using these containers for a short while just long enough to develop healthy root structure and it'll give me some time to start low stress training them all, I intend to gently rub and bend the stalks to build endurance for the SCRoG to come :)

Aside from that, I also applied a very very conservative amount of Vegan Special Sauce to the top of the soil and applied light water via foliar spraying just to inoculate the benies and help the roots right along!

20141204_125129.jpg

below is w/o lid
20141204_125145_1_.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

- EC

Looking good EC. I just had my first seed (the THC Bomb) germinate in her pot. It's crazy how excited you can get over such a small event, isn't it? Mine were planted right into the pot they will live their lives in. I didn't want to submit my auto babies to any stress from transplanting.

The dance of life continues. May it continue to go well with you.

Looking good EC. It's crazy how excited you can get over such a small event, isn't it?

The dance of life continues. May it continue to go well with you.

I agree with you completely, I really really have a powerful experience sitting in my tent and watching them grow. I do mean literally by watching them. When I am not spending devoted time with my family, or at the gym beating myself up, or sleeping - I often sit in the tent with headphones in and just focus (for lack of a better word) on them and wonder anything and everything and during that process the seedlings either respond or I just happen to stop by when they like to grow.

Yeah I just medicated, what of it?? hahaha!

Peace, EC

Each one with a personality all its own. Fascinating - just like children.

Yeah EC, I stop by mine through the day to remind them how happy I am to be raising them. Science tells us they respond to all those positive vibes.

Back
Top Bottom