Endive's "Chance Um!" Bubblelicious - LED Grow - 2010

Re: Endive's "Chance Um!" Bubblelicious, LED Grow - 2010

Bel was dry enough to weigh... Just under 21 grams manicured, pleasantly surprised to say the least. I was guessing about 10 grams dry.

Day 45 of 13/11 - Checked the trichs today.

S-3: About 80% clear, some milky, and a few amber??? WTF?

S-2: 90% Clear, 10 % Milky

Even though S-3 pulls more sativa in looks and smell, I think she'll finish out before S-2 by a week or two. Time will tell, just a couple weeks more...

Hey thanks SoilGuy! Those Ryders of your's are sure catching up fast though! I've got some Blue Mystic Auto seeds waiting in the wings that I'll probably start in the next week or so, as my new Bubbelponics system came yesterday.

Meanwhile, the current grow... Day 45 of 13/11

Sisters: S-3 Left, S-2 Right
DSC02767_S-isters.jpg

S-3
DSC02761_S-3.jpg

S-3
DSC02764_S-3.jpg

Hey smokinweedgi, hope all is good in your neck of the woods!

Being it was all the light I could afford, I'm pretty happy with it. Well more importantly, my ladies seem really happy with it. For a 3' x 2' or smaller grow area it performs well, though if it is to be the only light source (i.e. no supplemental CFLs or LEDs), I'd recommend the 250 Watt version.

Day 27 of 13/11.

By my calculations, the time release added into the mix has just about expired. I figured it good for about 2 1/2 - 3 months. Thus I've began to ramp up the feedings of a bit.

N & trace nutes:
FF Grow Big @ 1 tsp/per gallon, 3x/week)

P & K:
9-59-8 @ 1/4tsp, 3x/week
0-10-10 @ 1 Tbsp/per gallon

You put your foot into it too much with the P. This probably caused other nutes (Ca/Mg) to lock out

Endive :thumb: look'in sweet,bet their going to be tasty :goodjob:

O my pot! You have some very nice looking women there to look at, love all the eye candy!

You asked about LST with auto flowers so i thought i would also comment on that, here at your grow.
LST in no way of shape should effect the over all health of the plant but will allow more light to be able to get to some of the maller buds on the auto flowers. I personaly like to only tuck large fan leaves down as to not change the chemicals of the plant before flowering.

Any thing that is done to a plant should be done at least a week before flowering to insure that the plant has time to recover after the training. Judging from the grow you have right now i would do every thing the same with the auto's other then the 12/12 change lol.

Once again very nice grow and cant wait for the next update. Im IN!:yummy::thumb::yummy:

Hi all,

I really appreciate the tips and comments, and of course the kind works.

Day 50, 13/11

Took S-3 out for a flush. Pale as she is, she is really packing on weight, I'd like to keep her as healthy as possible for another two more weeks, or so.

Replaced the top 2" of soilless media with fresh perlite/vermiculite, 4 gallons 6.0ph flush.

2010-10-31_08-54-28_167_S-3.jpg

2010-10-31_08-57-01_61_S-3C.jpg

Oh, and in other news... got my bubbleponic set up about ready, and seeds are a go! (but that's for another journal)
2010-10-30_18-12-54_253-BMA.jpg

Day 51 Bloom

Dropped the light cycle from 13/12 to 12/12 yesterday. S-3 may hit its peak in the next week or two, the trichs on the very tips of the older calyxes are beginning to go milky with a few random ambers. Inner parts of the buds are still clear.

S-3 (left), S-2 (Right)
2010-11-01_08-07-02_625_S-3_2.jpg

S-2 previously had thicker colas than S-3, but that has recently changed. S-3 continues to "fatten," while S-2 is flowering it's tips, growing longer, but still solid. Her trichs remain predominantly clear.

S-2 outer branch cola
2010-11-01_08-05-45_55_S-2.jpg

Both have also lost their "bubble gum" scents to a thick, pungent "skunk in the cotton candy" aroma. S-2 leans more to the skunky side.

Yummy looking lollipops you got there, Endive! :yummy:

Appears LED and autoflower are a good match ... at least in your capable hands. Congrats.

EDIT: Are they autoflower or did you go 12/12 right away? Did not get a chance to read back very far.

Yummy looking lollipops you got there, Endive! :yummy:
Appears LED and autoflower are a good match ... at least in your capable hands. Congrats.

EDIT: Are they autoflower or did you go 12/12 right away? Did not get a chance to read back very far.

Hahahaha! For their size they might have well been. No they are regular seeds, I just did everything wrong in the beginning, too much water, high temps... pH? what's pH? Thankfully input from fellow forum members kept things from going south.

With my space constraints, next grow autos for sure!

Wow! These look very nice! :thumb:... trichs are coating nicely....

Thank you karagrows! This variety started showing trichs at about 14 days of flowering. Good genetics, I think Bubblelicious is a "white" strain.

wow gorgeous looking buds dude!

Hey j4s2u0, Thanks man! Congratulations again, nice to have you back!

Wow man! Nice looking buds! After seeing your grow I'm taking a look at some of those LED's!

Thank you Doctor!

The lights seem to be doing their job, now if I could keep my mistakes out of the equation, they would probably look even better.

An early report...

I pulled two little "fluff" buds off the bottom of S-2 and let them air dry for a couple days. They were still damp this morning, I tossed them into the microwave at 40% power 15 seconds, removed them and let them sit out in the open air for a few.

Once they felt dry, ground them up into a nice, single-hit bowl :bong: - Wow! Even force dried, she still managed to slightly hold on to an oily-sweet aroma. Being a bit early, delivered a wonderful heady/energetic buzz.

I'm very tempted to try S-3's little fluff buds now, Hmmm...

Things rarely go according to plan. Discovered S-2 was sporting "boy bananas" everywhere.
DSC02773_S-2-boy-banana.jpg

So about a week or so early (some clear, mostly cloudy trichs) S-2 came down.
DSC02788_S-2_b4chop.jpg

DSC02788_S-2_maincola.jpg

DSC02795_S-2big_avg.jpg

I had planned on cutting S-3 this weekend, but now I'll let her amber up a little...

Back
Top Bottom