Establishing A Mazar Mother

CAM00419.jpg
CAM00418.jpg
CAM004171.jpg
CAM00420.jpg
CAM00421.jpg
CAM00422.jpg

Here is 3 weeks above the dirt so entering their 4th week. They are getting water as needed. I removed the little T5 lights because they started burning the plants that grew big enough to touch them.
CAM00445.jpg
CAM00446.jpg
CAM004471.jpg
CAM00448.jpg
CAM00449.jpg
CAM00450.jpg
CAM00451.jpg

Your plants look great as does you potting mix. Nice work so far :thumb:

Mazars genetics are skunk x afghani goo just like master kush which ive grown. Its great stuff, so enjoy!

Thanks B. I have an update. Today i cloned the 6 mazar from the tops. #4is by far the strongest growing. I forgot to photograph #4 and #5 thanx to some sour diesel. ..
I soon realized what i was doing and started taking pics. The soil is fox farms ocean forrest. I have used it many times.
Hoping the clones root they will be put into a 3.5 gallon hydro drip system for further development.

My goal is to flower these ,toss male and hermis, and find the best smoke. There are also 3 juicy fruit clones in there they are my wifes .

The lack of focus here is due to sour diesel , shits got me by the balls. Im lookin over this and realized i provided no information. I cut leaving 3 nodes on each clone, they were dipped in plantroids takeroot, then placed into presoaked 2" rockwool cubes in a domed tray under 125watt cfl.
I never used this rooting gel before it was recommended so i thought i would try it. Fingers crossed.

So the clones still haven't rooted. I pulled one up and it was slimey and brown/black... I wasn't messin with that shit so i tossed em all and started over. If attempt 2 doesn't work I'm switching rooting horomones. Thats where i stand now... No big deal, just a bit more time.

Sorry about the clone setback. Is that the Dutch Passion Mazar (Mazar-i-sharif x Skunk#1?) I have two Mama Mia's going right now (Mazar-i-Sharif x early skunk.) Also, some Dark Star (Mazar-i-Sharif x Purple Kush) beans.

I live in a very dry climate. Mazar-i-Sharif genetics were recommended to me by someone who knows what they are doing. Does well in drier climates, at least according to him.

Anyway, nice journal. I look forward to seeing the various phenos you got going on. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Peejay. Yep DP Mazar, i got the feminized ones. I also live in low humidity, and they are doing well. I will post some pics in a little while. They almost look the the same besides one, its longer branches, and more shoots.

I have two different Mazar-i-sharif crosses in the Mamma Mias and the differences are quite subtle. But, they are two different creatures. Collette is a stinker and is more stretchy. Helen has tighter nodes and wider leaves. As time marches forward. As time marches forwards, the differences are more evident.

Right now they are out in the greenhouse where it is 87 degrees and 18% RH. The floor of the greenhouse is indoor-outdoor carpet. I keep it soaked with gallons and gallons of water. The carpet dries, but the RH never goes up much. Growth rates are crazy. I have a top rated humidifier I've tried using in there. It does nothing.

Based on my limited experience, the strain doesn't seem to mind. I suppose that trying to add some moisture to the air isn't a bad thing. I'm doing it - with limited success. High altitude sunshine with little water vapor available - is what it is. It will get worse as temperatures drop outside... What moisture I introduce gets sucked away quick! The atmosphere is a big place.

Hell, I'm not growing a "tropical strain." Part of your mother search involves finding one that kicks butt in your growing conditions. Selecting the mother that does best with low RH should be a priority. There is enough to worry about with medium, feeding schedules and light.

I propose you select the mother based on what she does under low RH instead of devoting heaps of energy into raising the RH of the grow environment. Don't try to ram a square peg into a round hole.

But, what the heck do I know!

I hear ye PeeJay, my humidity drops into the 20s sometimes. I got a humidifier and it does very little. It is from the mountains, and i am in the mountains so it sounded like a solid plant for me. That is a good idea soaking the carpet. My wife and i plan on building a greenhouse next spring so thanks for the pointer.
B.real i water them when the are getting dry, but not bone dry. I have a pump sprayer and hit them once for 30 seconds each, then hit em a second time for 25 seconds each. Just ro water a bit over 7. The clones had plantroids and 5.6 water. I just got a liquid rooting i mixed 1/8 of the recommended dose per gallon. I hope it will help.

Back
Top Bottom