Pstarsr - 2016 - 4th Round LED & CFL Cabinet Grow - Soul Assassin

Pstarsr

Starting the new journal, I have two soul assassin ( bag seeds) in paper towels. Just picked up a bag of fox farm ocean forest soil. And A 2 gal eco pot

Couple more days and I'll plant the seedlings.

image18140.jpeg
image18141.jpeg
image18142.jpeg

Getting started, glad you're sharing another grow Pstarsr. Are both seeds going in the same pot, or will just your favourite get the Royal treatment? I'll stick around to find out...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Just planting now, thanks for joinin in. I'm starting out in two small pots similar to the last journal. Then whoever wins the battle royal haha, gets the big pot. Trying small changes, and a slightly longer veg time.

The seeds popped! Quick, nice healthy tap roots.

I have some rapid rooter plugs from the kit, so I'm gona try one seed in a rapid rooter. One just in soil. To see if either becomes stronger and more stable faster.

I'll transfer the female, if we get one. To the 2 gal eco pot. Might be a slow journal for a few weeks, but I'll keep it updated

image18170.jpeg
image18171.jpeg
image18172.jpeg

image18173.jpeg

They will soon grow up! I'm doing my first grow at the moment the have just broke soil! Can't wait until harvest so far away ..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They will soon grow up! I'm doing my first grow at the moment the have just broke soil! Can't wait until harvest so far away ..

The first few weeks are the hardest, because little is happening. Then the end is hard because of cure time! Haha. I still haven't sampled the last harvest, but it's smelling great when I burp it in the jars. its worth it

I'm going to keep it all up to date on here! I just hope they survive, would be happy with a small correctly done harvest then nothing at all!
~J

I'm going to keep it all up to date on here! I just hope they survive, would be happy with a small correctly done harvest then nothing at all!
~J

Best attitude going into this, first time. Anything can and will happen, go with it they are strong plants. I mean they are weeds. Most often it's user error. Just don't over think it. First tip, watering is less than you think till the plants develop leaves to convert the light. So I've gone days between watering before flower, then soon into flower water almost daily. Read the plant, and soil. Don't want wet mess, but damp. I'll follow along with yours too, help out anyway I can. I'm still green too, pun intended

Yeah I'll appreciated any help I can get, I brought cheap soil and am thinking about changing the soil medium now as many people say it's a massive factor in plant health. I'm going to buy some 10L pots and transfer them into them as soon as they get to about 6-8". You know a good medium to use?

I've used soil from cvs, soil from my backyard pots, and now fox farm.

The first two I had to use nutrients to help the plants, I'm trying fox farm this round to try and avoid amending the soil so much.

Try to get a good all around soil, good perlight mix ( white rocks ). I'd say fox farm if you can get it. That bag was $10 here.

I'd try to wait till you transplant for size, transplanting stresses the plant for a few days. Seedlings are fragile, so I wouldn't swap medium yet

You could bury that rooter plug down in the soil further, and cover some of the elongated stem. I've not seen a yellow sprout before, and I won't venture a guess as to why it is so. Step one complete, keep up the great updates...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hello there! That's a cool little cabinet! I remember first growing in a PC case with a retro fitted 50w hps porch light haha, memories. I've never seen a yellow seedling either, that's odd! I'll be following along to see how the little one does :). Happy growing!

Sent from my IdeaTab A3000-F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I almost gave up after the second grow went haywire. Dont give up yet!

As for the yellow seedling, green now ��.

I thought about burying the rooter more, but I'm gona transplant in a few weeks anyways. I planted both seeds at the same depth, pretty interesting that the rooter jumped so high.

First two are with LEDs off for true color

image18368.jpeg
image18369.jpeg
image18370.jpeg

Subbed. I have the grandma's secret garden. I wasn't happy with it though. It has heat issues and not enough light with that cfl it came with. I ended up in a tent. Read your last journal and now I want to make that thing work for me. +reps. Now I have another grow space I can actually use

Before I switch to these LEDs I bought socket splitters and ran 6 CFLs on the power strip. 3 sets of two. Also bought 23w or 100 watt equivilents. It made a difference, but heat was a big issue once the plants got high enough. Broke two trying to get them outa the heat

Back
Top Bottom