Exceptionally High FECO Yields

It must be pointed out for clarity sake, that viewers are reminded the white pistils smiling at the camera are clear indicators (Millions it seems like) that she is not ready. I should say this is earlier than I would have taken her and shut up. :peace:

Here are a couple pics of the c99 blueberry. She is 7 weeks flowering today. Was last drenched 1 week ago. Nothing today. Judging by the weight, she will need another couple days to really dry out. Still no noticeable increase in terpenes smell. I will watch her day to day and let you know when I see her starting to droop.

Attachments

• 20190721_081811.jpg
    20190721_081811.jpg
    675.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 20190721_081700.jpg
    20190721_081700.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 20190721_081635.jpg
    20190721_081635.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 173
Highya Dave,

Really pretty looking buds, Dave! Fat and juicy looking! Makes me wonder what they'll be like after the drought stress effect. Be sure to let us know!! Cheers

Ahoy Shed,
I went to the beez0404 link you provided and I’m with our friend Stone in being won over. Your cloning model is the first change I intend to begin implementing. Many thanks!

Hi Barney,
I liked your post about keeping to much in our head so note taking is a big thumbs up my friend. Using notes now.

We are always looking for experienced growers, especially if they actually attended statistical analysis classes instead of heading back to the frat house to party. Our pay is an issue for some. Seriously I agree this is a wanna be, but with or without the boys and girls dressed in white stepping forward with these type experiments that satisfy the demanding criteria you correctly outline and describe, do you suggest this a total folly? We are not submitting the results for publication in the appropriate journals and academic reviews. If we establish some levels of confidence in our work it will not go un-noticed by neither science or big money. Just my thoughts.

About Hydro,
No clue what you folks are talking about yet, but with the company I’m keeping here on 420 I am going to play sponge and soak up as much knowledge I can before I spend any money. That will be a first for me, learn then buy instead of buying then learning and buying the correct stuff. If Hydro is better than whatever I am doing with coco and FFOF.

Lastly, thanks to some people I am stirring to buy some Barney’s Farm Exodus Cheese. That’s just from hearing a couple obviously experienced growers languish complements toward the strain. It’s not always what you know, sometimes knowing the people who do know is when some telepathic osmosis occurs and I get smarter.

Science update follows after a break.

Nice harvest!
A "picture tells the story" or so says Mick Jagger. Don't it!
Right guitar player, wrong singer. That would be Rod Stewart.
Your cloning model is the first change I intend to begin implementing. Many thanks!
Glad to be able to share the knowledge! I mentioned I modified beez0404's method, so let me go through those in case they're helpful:

• The biggest one being that I swear by Dip'n Grow liquid rooting hormone.

• I also just use distilled water after I put the cutting in the ProMix HP and don't "pre-charge" the soil with anything. I just dip and plant. Then I water and push the soil around the cutting. On the heat mat at 80º under a dome with a 23w CFL on 24/0.

• I also don't start airing them out as quickly as beez does. I usually give them 5-7 days or so, but I'm in no rush, nor am I retired like he is so I can't do dome things every 20 minutes all day :). The is lasts batch I just left the domes on until I saw roots on the side of the clear cups. Slower method but much less fuss.

:)
1 The last cultivar in our study was made available yesterday. The plant was subjected to abiotic stress in the form of water deprivation in due course of this study. Additionally, the cultivar was involved in a relocation maneuver that warranted the loosening of supporting twine trestles under the mistaken belief that the sturdy looking plant could stay upright long enough to handle repositioning. The heavy flowers quickly lost the strength to fight gravity and she toppled over herself inflicting a state of shock so devastating the decision was made to put her down. This is documented because the cultivar was not declared ready to harvest via the routine trichome inspection criteria established and utilized collecting the other cultivars. The statistical implications of this mishap are undetermined.

2 Even as conversations with more experienced growers about wet weighing cultivars has convinced me it serves little purpose; in the interest of uniform data collection we will continue recording these values. The results concerning this group.

FD #1 = 515 Grams Control Cultivar air dried to 111 grams /jarred and curing

FD #2 = 435 Grams Control Cultivar air dried to 114 grams/jarred and curing

FD #3 = 346 Grams Delta Cultivar air dried to 54 grams/ jarred open

FD #4 = 540 Grams Delta Cultivar air drying in progress /

It was not unique witnessing the much larger biomass of FD 1 manicured and air dried to a lesser jarred weight than the smaller FD 2 by a thin 3-gram margin, hence our critique of the whole process. Too many variables to control for.

3 The clones have been set in place under the 600W HPS and the withholding of fertigation is underway on two of the clones while the remaining two clones are fed a newly reduced amount of nutrients dissolved into room temperature RO water. This change in nutrients is being applied after collective wisdom previously discussed in our study points to a less is better approach to flower feeding.

4 The great differences in per plant total yields are being ignored due to seed bred cultivars exhibiting potential indications of higher phenotypic plasticity further skewing data points while considering for several genotype and phenotype distinction models. The following Wikie article is pretty clear.
Phytohormones and Leaf Plasticity[edit]
Leaves are very important to a plant in that they create an avenue where photosynthesis and thermoregulation can occur. Evolutionarily, the environmental contribution to leaf shape allowed for a myriad of different types of leaves to be created in the means of balancing energy production with the plants’ fitness.[12] The shape of the leaf is important and not only depends on genetics, but also the environment that the plant lives in. Environmental factors, such as light and humidity have been shown to affect leaf morphology,[13] giving rise to the question of how this shape change is controlled at the molecular level. Genotypes often give rise to specific phenotypes, however leaves have phenotypic plasticity.[14] This means that different leaves could have the same gene but present a different form every time based on environmental factors. Plants are sessile beings so this phenotypic plasticity allows the plant to take in information from its environment and respond without changing its location and simultaneously increasing its fitness. In order to understand how leaf morphology works, the anatomy of a leaf must be understood. The main part of the leaf, the blade or lamina, consists of the epidermis, mesophyll, and vascular tissue. The epidermis contains stomata which allows for gas exchange and controls perspiration of the plant. The mesophyll contains most of the chloroplast where photosynthesis can occur. Developing a wide blade/lamina can maximize the amount of light hitting the leaf, thereby increasing photosynthesis, however too much sunlight can damage the plant. Wide lamina can also catch wind easily which can cause stress to the plant, so finding a happy medium is imperative to the plants’ fitness. The Genetic Regulatory Network (GRN) is responsible for creating this phenotypic plasticity and involves a variety of genes and proteins regulating leaf morphology. Phytohormones have been shown to play a key role in signaling throughout the plant, and changes in concentration of the phytohormones can cause a change in development.[15] Studies on the aquatic plant species Ludwigia arcuata have been done to look at the role of Abscisic acid (ABA), as L. arcuata is known to exhibit phenotypic plasticity and has two different types of leaves, the aerial type (leaves that touch the air) and the submerged type (leaves that are underwater).[16] ABA is a phytohormone responsible for regulating stress responses and is known to be specifically involved in drought stress response. When adding ABA to the underwater shoots of L. arcuata, the plant was able to produce aerial type leaves underwater, suggesting that increased concentrations of ABA in the shoots, likely caused by air contact or a lack of water, triggers the change from the submerged type of leaf to the aerial type. This suggests ABA’s role in leaf phenotypic change and its importance in regulating stress through environmental change (such as adapting from being underwater to above water). In the same study, another phytohormone, ethylene, was shown to induce the submerged leaf phenotype unlike ABA, which induced aerial leaf phenotype. Because ethylene is a gas, it tends to stay endogenously within the plant when underwater – this growth in concentration of ethylene induces a change from aerial to submerged leaves and has also been shown to inhibit ABA production, further increasing the growth of submerged type leaves. These factors (temperature, water availability, and phytohormones) contribute to changes in leaf morphology throughout a plants lifetime and are vital to maximize plant fitness.

5 The emphasis placed on the 7th week of flower should be clarified as to chemo variations and genotypic- phenotypic considerations. This needs to occur late in the flower stage of cannabis cultivation. :peace:

Highya Dave,

Really pretty looking buds, Dave! Fat and juicy looking! Makes me wonder what they'll be like after the drought stress effect. Be sure to let us know!! Cheers
Bode my friend this is not an exaggeration. Last night I took the wife over to the county fair in town and just prior to heading out for the fair I consumed a bit of nugget from FD4 whom had underwent the stress. Takes about 15 minutes to get there and thank goodness it was not longer. During the drive I was not experiencing any hints of the often reported problem of dry mouth. I was drooling thinking about foot long corn dogs, & big soft pretzels. I wanted to run from the car parking spot to locate the first available source of consumables. I ate and ate. Had a blast and 3 hours had gone bye without me venturing back out to the car for a fresh attitude. 3 hours of fun.
My personal experience tells me this added punch for recreational use will be well received among stoners. :peace:

Stoners,
What if we added Abscisic acid (ABA) phytohormone to our fertigation and discovered it triggered enhanced glandular production without actually endangering our precious girls? Abscisic acid is a sesquiterpene, which has important roles in seed development and maturation, in the synthesis of proteins and compatible osmolytes, which enable plants to tolerate stresses due to environmental or biotic factors, and as a general inhibitor of growth and metabolic activities.

Say What :peace:
They might even put our picture on the cover of the rolling stone,

All laughing aside. What if...

Here are a couple pics of the c99 blueberry. She is 7 weeks flowering today. Was last drenched 1 week ago. Nothing today. Judging by the weight, she will need another couple days to really dry out. Still no noticeable increase in terpenes smell. I will watch her day to day and let you know when I see her starting to droop.
Hi Dave,
Are you taking any actual LWA & LWAS measurements? Pictures of measurement sites can also help you identify LWAS but my tests are most accurate using the angle finder tool pictured in my old grow study. Sometimes the bushy plants present few good targets of opportunity for the tool like the plant @InTheShed showed us. That's when I take pictures up close and from same spot angle ect. to get a visual record of the wilt.

Im wanting a Blueberry seed now. No outside clones are sourced due to the grumpy old gardener in charge refusing the potential "bad hombres" that could be lurking within the good folks ranks. Watching with fingers crossed for your delicious sounding updates.

They massively reduce what they take in. It's roughly half every week then eventually they just take enough water to keep themselves alive.
I was taught that (I stopped typing for a second, dont really want argument of subject but) I was taught by a grower friend of mine that has written and published a book on how to grow cannabis under LED, that plants are wrongfully thought of by folks believing like a puppy they will eat themselves into actual harm. Here goes... Bob says that the plant will not eat more than required for fitness. They cannot be overfed. He told me a story I never understood to well until late about discovering his mix was dialed up either mistakenly or through malfunction astronomically high. It might have been the kid at the hydro store saying Dude you just bought a ton of goods last week why you back so soon? or something like that, but regardless Bob investigated his now suspect mix levels and dialed up the proper soup. After review Bob noticed the problem had actually went unnoticed for several weeks. True story.

Everything Barney points out supports the argument that the plants control uptake, so why would it be any stretch to see where Bob's position is in a sense another example of the plant controlling uptake resistance hormones to actually stop ingesting available food and water based on plant fitness hormone requirements. :peace:

I am not comfortable with my screen name Maritimer. Due to the problematic circumstance that I cannot
plausibly deny responsibility, I therefore accept it and say, I must have been having a medical reaction of sorts and it had nothing to do with ALCOHOL but I did it sort of, but not really and because of this I have no memory of naming myself Maritimer.

I pray relief in the the formal request for the annulment of my present screen name Maritimer to edited.

I think a fellow on my old grow thread changed his name after the thread dropped.

parts above borrowed from former pres LOL

does anyone know how to do this?

After a discouraging attempt at rest there is this alternative. Put back on the straw hat and do some thinking. I am going to be taking a devil's advocate stance from time to time in effort to always be designing sustainable control into the study. I have befriended a member and unwittingly have laid bare a burden on our friendship I need to unload. In private discourse with my new friend I told him of my medical problem I am fighting and without taking enough reflection told him I am terminally ill. I should never have put him in that difficult and uncomfortable position and my health should have never been brought up in this pretext. I have already found confidence with our guy Shed and his curiosity, and he will be sniffing this out even in the event I go back in hospital. That plus the rest of our crew here.

This is our science;
my apology to all

Abscisic acid is a sesquiterpene, which has important roles in seed development and maturation, in the synthesis of proteins and compatible osmolytes, which enable plants to tolerate stresses due to environmental or biotic factors, and as a general inhibitor of growth and metabolic activities.

ABA could be tied into why full spectrum LED cultivars develop far less fan leaves than less photo-efficient HID illuminated cultivars. The LED queens get bombed with so much goods they through the GNR control leaf morphology, changes how the actual growing leaf shapes itself. Fewer fans, narrower skinny looking leaves although healthy.

All this and no Folgers yet this morning.

Thinking about this here morphology stuff. Wondering aloud whether Lamarck would have arrived at the same conclusions had he been schooled in Phytohormones and leaf plasticity? Modern investigation into chemo-taxonomic differences support a two-species hypothesis. But this information has forced my re-examination of long held opinions.
:peace:
Just sayin

I don't believe that there are two species.

The plant adapts to short dry summers by fattening the leaves and finishing quicker. In equatorial climates, it will elongate and thin its leaves.

And cannabis has been cultivated for two distinctly different purposes. Long tall plants produce great fiber, and short quick ones produce great hashish. So mariners carried "sativa" seeds for fiber production at the new site, and growers in the Himalayas cultivated "indicas" for the Silk Road trade westward.

:bongrip:

not sure i do either
my private email is gonna catch some heck tonight. hah

They cannot be overfed.
Are you speaking about synthetic nutes? Of course they can. A living organic soil grow is a completely different story, but top feeding plants can produce nute burn, tip curl from N overload, and all sorts of other toxicities we see here on the site.
I have already found confidence with our guy Shed and his curiosity, and he will be sniffing this out even in the event I go back in hospital. That plus the rest of our crew here.
This is our science;
my apology to all
I'm so sorry to hear about your devastating diagnosis MT. I hope every remaining day here on earth is filled with joy, both in and out of the grow-room. Of course, I wish that for everyone here, but that goes without saying.

While I personally can't carry this work forward (as I'm not set up for any kind of repeatability), what I can do is follow along and stay engaged in the process, and even look for a plant in my own grow that will accept a level of drought that might rise to the level needed for this type of experiment as a one off.

Be well.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom