Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Clones I haven't had much experience
I followed Caplans procedure he outlines when he compares taking clones with and without rooting powder. He basically says using the hormone increases success rates over 50%. Puritans wont like it, but until you get a hang for cloning the powder makes it have a better shot at life. :peace:

What exactly do you mean something in your soil?
It was a bought one. Michigan Mix. It's a supersoil that grows pretty well on water only, only with a little bat shit just before flowering. There was little more than enough to fill 5 solo cups in the bag. Come to think of it the three others grew and are alive today so my thought was wrong on the soil being off. Another mystery in life.

I followed Caplans procedure he outlines when he compares taking clones with and without rooting powder. He basically says using the hormone increases success rates over 50%. Puritans wont like it, but until you get a hang for cloning the powder makes it have a better shot at life. :peace:
I remember zipping past that. That's a fine paper.

I watched a video from Chef (I don't remember his name) Canadian guy who grows gently. He keeps lights high and gives dry plants a splash of RO a day before feeding so as not to give the girls an upset belly. I only use about a pint per container and we run 3.5 & 5 gal units. No where near what I imagine flushing to be. I have never used the practice of flushing myself. :peace:
The C for cleaning is like antiseptically, top to bottom
No critters in basement over 3 years now. Fingers always crossed..

My girls get drenched 1x per week. The 7 gal pots get 1-1.5 gallons of drench. 1 gal pots get about 1qt. My small clones may get a watering midweek if needed. :circle-of-love::peace:

Caught between a rock and a roll.
With a glance this morning the chief gardener instantly knew the day would not go as planned. Once again Forest Dream Cultivar # 3 has been inspected and found to be maintaining an army of female appendages colored in delicate shades of white, poking about looking for Love.

We had plans to rearrange the flowerbed after extricating FD#3 from under the scrog. This would accommodate our planned study with four flowering clone sisters flowing into the main flowerbed giving us ~equal space under the HID. Our current arrangement has 3 sisters under LED and a 4th cultivar resting atop a scrog waiting for a home.
Shit Howdy!!!

Got plenty to think about as I return to some potato peeling duty. :peace:

I could try cutting all my nets to move the geriatric queen so we can get on with the show.
darn

Ahh right, think I get it based on the first post anyway.
Can stress make your weed better?
Yes. In my opinion absolutely.
Not sure I'd be willing to go as far as letting them droop. That to me says the roots are suffering which id be panicking about cos I'm in Coco/hydro but , given that thc is the plants defense mechanism, I can certainly understand the logic behind it.
Would be more of a soil growers thing if it works though cos hydro, well, it's not called hydro for no reason lol. It needs to be wet for lots of reasons.
I believe trimming, snapping bits etc would be more productive but that's just my opinion. Not something I know a great deal about tbh.
I know that in normal circumstances, droop down is representing a lack of oxygen to the roots. Which, for every example I can think of would be a very bad thing....but, I've never before thought about it in this context and what the effects could be.
Not sure how I feel now really. Think I've changed my mind. Hmm....
I'll go catch up with the thread though and see what's what. It sounds sensible and logical enough but I need to wrap my head round it myself first. Few things going against the things I do know so need to do some head scratching :)

Maybe it’s like cobs .... no need to understand how or why it works. Just that it does.
Something's there just isn't an explanation for mate.
I've got GH hydro nutes that I can feed straight into Coco at ph 6.9 for veg and 7.1-7.2 for bloom. The run off is always, almost exactly the same ppm and ph as what went in so it's not like it buffers. Id never recommend anyone to feed Coco like that but I done it as an experiment and quite honestly don't have the slightest explanation as to why it works.
Would ruin my reservoir plants in a few days but works in Coco....which works on the same rules as a reservoir...
Absolutely stumped but it works.

Good morning Barney,
Thanks for bringing your thinking cap along. mine is apparently unavailable.

Senescence can be triggered multiple ways.

Most growers flush. Some growers leave the plants in total darkness for a period of time before harvesting. I know and old outdoor growers who would stop watering for a week.

A stop in feeding or watering would start the same hormone changes in the plant that the other methods provide.

I usually feed with water to trigger this. I use hydroponic nutrients and I want the water to push the synthetics out of the medium. I suspect if I stop feeding instead of using water in the last weeks of flower that traces of those synthetics would be locked up inside the plant and medium. Would that translate into the oil? I am not sure.
"Scenasence" being I'm assuming the word for the natural death process sort of thing? I like that word . It's nice to say lol :)

Cover the ground with a tarp when it rains? Cannabis roots aren't much deeper than 18" but can get pretty wide, so you would probably have to block off a lot of the surrounding area though.
Guy that grows the biggest plants I've ever seen says that too. Australian outback dude on another forum that can drop 3 pound autos and 5 Kilo photos outdoors swears there's no point going over 1ft deep but give it a square meter.
Just composted horse manure with lime and some sort of bottled pk boost for bloom. Can't remember his name just now but it will come to me :)

It was hard to hear over the interviewer's self-importance, but I think he said they water less than normal to induce drought conditions for three days, and then the other blonde guy says three days no water.

Then they move on to more conflicting information, where one says water normally after drought and then chop, while the other guy says chop immediately after drought.

:hmmmm:
Just like being on a forum then buddy. Should be used to that by now :)

Ooh someone said trichs go up after re-vegging there. I can vouch for that!
Just adding as a note for my response when I'm finished. No way I can keep all this in my head lol. Sorry for the post bombardments but I'm late to the party and got lots of catching up and thinking to do :)

I’d almost bet my life that the experiment was based on an 8 week flowering period using an indica. That suggests a need to shift that schedule with a longer-blooming varietal, doesn’t it? With a typical 8-week schedule the plant is nearly fully mature. That wouldn’t be the case with a lovely sativa. :battingeyelashes:

Interesting.....
my thoughts exactly. Should only really be the last 2 weeks were thinking about here so the "week 7" thing is completely useless because there's not all that many strains that are actually done in 9 weeks.

I have a 32oz hempy container whose hole is too close to the bottom. These plants are always drought stressed in flower because it requires daily feeding and the others go every other day. I keep using the container, not sure why. I know I am never dissatisfied with the plants that grow out of it. Lemme see if I can find a 2nd example.

First example hasn't been harvested yet
This second one finished in 49 days. Appears be a good candidate for FECO/RSO

Woooaahh how much you getting off of those things mate? That looks like nearly a half Oz? From a pokey wee tub like that? Get hundreds of em planted mate!
I'd have zero free space in my grow room if that wouldn't get me the jail :)

Back
Top Bottom