Featherleaf's Perpetual Grow

I always like to have a little taster before it goes in the jar :thumb: I mean after growing and harvesting the plant I think it's more than deserved!
She was smooth and strong! Considering this is my least impressive phenotype I have ever grown its not a bad haul.
I let it breathe a few times a day. Thankfully because it is so stretchy, it is all drying so quick. Id say there is a 0% chance this bud will go mouldy, there is almost no solid bud mass to any of these fluffy popcorn buds. Its like instead of the bud growing outwards, it only grew upwards o.0
My next plants though.. Boy they are going to need some special attention drying wise, the buds are rock solid o.0 there is a real risk of mould or rot there.. Any suggestions my friends?

The weather has been a little wet lately, so I decided to introduce a small USB fan to the mid of my drying tent to keep the air within circulating. It took a few minutes to position it so that it wasnt directly blowing onto the plants, but instead moving around it.
I might trim these girls up tonight.

20181001_114057.jpg

20181001_114049.jpg

20181001_114039.jpg

I have ran out of Roots Excelurator and Amino Treatment.
In the interest of switching things up, I have researched what is in both of these and I believe they can be replaced by 2 bottles of nutrient that I got for free.
REIZIGER: Root Booster. Basicly liquid seaweed! I have always wanted to incorporate liquid seaweed into my grow, and now I finally can.
Silika Majic, for strong stems and plant immunity, this replaces Amino Treatment, though I dont think it is a total substitute. Time will tell I guess.

It may not be completely free but it sure beats most stuff out there on the market :thumb: Glad you enjoyed it mate, nothing worse than putting all that effort into growing something that wasn't worth it. You seem to be a pretty onto it kind of person so I think you'll be right with the denser buds, yeah you gotta be more careful but doesn't seem like you're new to this ;)
Send me some of that bud and I'll trim it for you haha. Looks good though :thumb:
Wishing the best for the nutrient change, hopefully will keep things looking as good as they do right now.

Featherleaf! Mind if I hang around in the shadows?
Absolutely my friend, youre very welcome :-D!!!
Some FUN news, Im heading to my supply store today to gather some goodies. Its going to be a bit of a scattershot of products, but I am primarily there for "harvest" purposes. Need new scissors, trim tray, mesh, a few extraction tools.
But In 3 days I will be harvesting my 2 monster LSD plants. By then, the medium size plant thats drying now should be in a jar curing.

Holy jeezum crow Mister (Missus?) you have some of the nicest looking indoor plants I have seen!

Congrats on all the harvests.... It looks like you are really killing it!

Maybe I missed it.... but what amendments/ ferts do you use in your soil? I have been looking to step things up a bit...

Hey buddy! Thank you so much, I do my best to take good care of them.
I use Great White to cover the root zone when I transplant, and right before I flip to 12/12 I add more to a water bottle and hand feed it so it covers the root zone once more.
I grow in pure coco but with 10% perlite, I dont like to use too much perlite. I use House and Garden A&B, Roots Excelurator, Amino Treatment and Multizyme. In flower, I add BUD XL and Top Booster, and I am going to start using the Shooting Powder next, I just need to read up on it a little bit more before Im comfortable adding it to my flowering chart. I also use a product called Terpinator in flower which increases the potency of the flavors and scents.
And I flush for 2 weeks.

Okay guys, I might have sort of kinda maybe totally definitely went a bit over my budget...
I got a rosin press!!!
It was second hand, only used to press 10 times. Perfect condition, comes with the transformer and all.
Another customer purchased this unit online, and then sold it to the supply store.
His reason for sale was "1 out of 10 of my customers wants rosin, I should have done the math before I bought it".
Online it sells for $1300. It had been in the store for a few months, so I got him down to $700.
Thankfully, I dont have customers, and I love rosin ;-) <3
I will be firing her up sometime today.
I will be pressing the first LSD plant I harvested, the one with ONLY stringy buds.

20181002_145651.jpg

Okay, so without using any of the proper tools, I didnt want to smash too many buds. Just did 5 grams, 1 at a time.
I need a proper collection tool, but man, its instant rosin! I need a glass collection rod, little mesh bags and some better parchment paper. I was able to get a few globs together, all up it weighed just over 1 gram! Maybe because the material was so fresh?? And I didnt use a mesh bags. Im ordering all that stuff online tonight.
20181002_172025.jpg

I trimmed up the last LSD plant I harvested, the second smallest in a 1 galon pot. A really decent amount of bud, popcorn or otherwise, for being in such a small pot! It should be ready for curing within 2-3 days.
Because its nothing special like her sisters, I didnt trim her up completely, I just seperated the small popcorn buds from the large buds and took a few pics.
Exciting news. Its harvest day tomorrow :D The 2 MONSTER LSD plants are coming down tomorrow night.

20181004_110656.jpg

20181004_110644.jpg

20181004_110546.jpg

Mixing up nutrients, big batch. Im going to start making my feedings 1000-1200 PPMs max. I know that anything below 1000 ppms causes deficiencies in plants my size, and anything above 1200 risks minor tip burn. The time I fed my plants 1300 was the time I saw minor tip burn.
You are going to start seeing updates for the G13 x C.O.B plants that I rushed into flower once I recieved those F1 fem seedlings (doing well by the way). They are about a month in, and they are budding very nicely!!!
Because I will be harvesting my 2 LSDs tonight, they will have to be replaced.
2 of the LSD Indica 1 clones and 1 GG Allin female go into flower tonight. I aggressively topped and trained all 3 of these plants up until 2 weeks ago, they have been recovering for 2 weeks.
LSD hybrid plant I harvested a week ago is almost dry enough for curing. The head buds are drying nice and slowly, and all the large leaves should snap off with ease soon. I removed all the popcorn buds from the stems and they are drying seperately. I am going to grind up all popcorn bud and trimmings and use my rosin press to make some rosin this weekend. In addition, I tested whether I could get more from pressing twice, and a little bit came out the second time but not enough to bother scraping up, so I am going to take the squished weed and make oil out of it with ISO alcohol. I used to do this all the time with trim that my friends gave me, youre in for a treat.

Here is a taste of what comes tomorrow! Im too tired to upload it all and I am still unfinished.
I have harvested and trimmed up LSD Indica phenotype 1. She is STILL sticky!
Took me 3 hours. Filled out 5 hangers full of buds from 1 plant.
Now I have phenotype 2 to harvest and trim.
20181005_212246.jpg

Check out trim bags my dude. I've seen a couple of ppl that like them, as much meds as you grow may be beneficial..

I have actually ran into them before, and was surprised by how well it worked. After the videos I saw, only the stem of fan leaves that can be plucked out get left on the buds. Might start scoping for a good price!
When I was handling the LSD Indica 2 I noticed that it was nowhere near as pungent or sticky as its sister. It also stretched more, and all of the heads were smaller than its sisters. It also has a lot of popcorn bud!

I always keep my Buck blade handy when trimming. Its perfect for keeping your scissors clean without having to handle a razor blade! After harvesting 2 large LSD plants, I ended up with 0.6g's of scissor hash.
20181006_013318.jpg

Back
Top Bottom