Fede's CBD Auto Cheese - Containers - Soil - Outdoor

Fede

Hello everyone,
Here's my attempt at a thorough grow journal for my 3 CBD Auto Cheese babies from Crop King Seeds in Vancouver
I am raising them in 20 gallon plastic containers with a mix of soil (from cow pasture)/sand/vermiculite/sphagnum
The have at the present a pair of cotyledons, first pair of leaves and two of them have incipient 2nd pair of leaves a week after germination.
Here are a few pictures
IMG_164233.JPG
IMG_164131.JPG
IMG_164328.JPG

Mind if I pull up a seat? I'm going to run some cbd strains soon and I had my eye on this one.

Hello friends,

Seedlings are now 2 weeks old (since roots came out) and looking healthy.
Third pair of leaves coming out.
It's a fairly dry summer here and the grass in my little oasis needs daily watering.
Temps are in the mid thirties (Celsius).
In the past I had lots of losses due to damping off and I think now I've dodged the bullit.
One of three seedlings came out a couple days later than the others and is smaller but looks healthy.
IMG_166734.JPG

IMG_166631.JPG

IMG_164233.JPG

Into third week and Charlotte, Emily and Anne are doing fine.
Very hot dry summer here.
Temps in the mid to upper 30's
So far I haven't added any nutes (Should I start?)
I have bat guano juice to that end
Eager to hear suggestions and advice from seasoned outdoor/organic growers

IMG_169634.JPG

The three sisters
IMG_169741.JPG

Charlotte (big sister)
IMG_169835.JPG

Emily
IMG_169930.JPG

Anne (the little one)

Charlotte (big sister) showed it's first flowers today (week 3!)

I am afraid they'll end up being just 20 cm tall??

Is that common for autoflowering specimens?

IMG_172428.JPG

Good morning and greetings to all from Argentina.
I am in week 4 for my CBD Auto Cheese plants from Crop King Seeds.
I have to say that they look healthy and thriving.
Anne, the small sister that emerged later and was always small seems to be a different phenotype (more of an indica expression)
Yesterday I added bat guano to all of them. This weekend we have rain in the forecast and I am planning on leaving them outside. Not concerned about fungi yet since even though there are flowers showing, they still don't constitute cramped buds.
Any thoughts or inputs are very welcomed.
Cheers to all!
:Namaste:
IMG_175932.JPG

The three sisters together in their 6 gallon plastic pots
IMG_175629.JPG

Charlotte (big sister)
IMG_175733.JPG

Emily
IMG_175834.JPG

Anne (little sister)

Hi Fede - thought I'd visit your garden after your excellent recent contribution to mine - thankyou kindly!

I'll pull up a deck chair and visit from time to time if you don't mind - things are looking great here.

Yep, those autos really power along don't they? I remember being shocked to see pistils on day 21! (I grew one under a light indoors last winter). So they have plenty of time to bulk up - and how much they do so will depend quite a bit on their hours of sunlight. The only thing I'd suggest to enhance that (apart from finding the spot with longest hours of sun which I'm assuming you've already done) is this: if the sun isn't directly over head, so if you're very far south of the equator, you can gently lay them back to open up all the lower nodes to the sun, and do a little leaf tucking here n there to help expose them too. I did that on advice from LED209 and it's really helped in my current outdoor. It's not an auto, but I did something similar under light for my indoor one and it worked well (I tied that down a bit harder).

They look really happy and healthy ..

Welcome to 420 by the way. Hope you're finding you way around ok - you seem to be settling right in beautifully.
:welcome:

Hi Amy,
Thank you so much for your comments and input.
You have a lovely garden!
This is my third grow outdoors but my first with auto flowering.
I have a nice open backyard so the plants are exposed to full sun. Length of daytime right now is at 13.5 hrs (equivalent of Brisbane latitude wise)
Even though I have plenty of space to place the plants on the ground and raise them bigger I choose to have them in 25 liters pots primarily because I find it important to avoid heavy and lengthy rain when the plants have big bud in final stages (had severe fungus growth on my first grow).
My only concern at this point is the size of the plants, one of them is basically a dwarf and the other two are only 25 cm at 4 weeks.

Hi Fede - thought I’d visit your garden after your excellent recent contribution to mine - thankyou kindly!

I’ll pull up a deck chair and visit from time to time if you don’t mind - things are looking great here.

Yep, those autos really power along don’t they? I remember being shocked to see pistils on day 21! (I grew one under a light indoors last winter). So they have plenty of time to bulk up - and how much they do so will depend quite a bit on their hours of sunlight. The only thing I’d suggest to enhance that (apart from finding the spot with longest hours of sun which I’m assuming you’ve already done) is this: if the sun isn’t directly over head, so if you’re very far south of the equator, you can gently lay them back to open up all the lower nodes to the sun, and do a little leaf tucking here n there to help expose them too. I did that on advice from LED209 and it’s really helped in my current outdoor. It’s not an auto, but I did something similar under light for my indoor one and it worked well (I tied that down a bit harder).

They look really happy and healthy ..

Welcome to 420 by the way. Hope you’re finding you way around ok - you seem to be settling right in beautifully.
:welcome:

Hello to everyone!
Week 5 arrived and the three sisters continue to develop healthily
Charlotte 39 cm
Emily 34 cm
Anne 17 cm
Except for a few aphids that were fought with an organic insecticide/fungicide, no problemo so far
I reiterate that I am disappointed at their size? The are all bulking up with flowers and not even 40 cm tall!
I water them daily (very hot dry summer) and I added bat guano twice so far.
IMG_178831.JPG

The three sisters together
IMG_178932.JPG

Charlotte (big sister)
IMG_179027.JPG

Emily
IMG_179130.JPG

Anne (little sister)
IMG_179229.JPG

Pistils on Charlotte
IMG_179332.JPG

Pistils on Emily

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom