FelipeBlu's Auto Jack & Kryptonite, PSMini LED, Root Pouch, Recipe 420

Glad we can grow together Bro. :love:

So I’ve got to get a better setup for taking trich shots, but even though some details are lost, it looks enough like what I see straight through the 30X loupe - a lot of milky, and even some amber.
This is the top of one of the third node buds.

Hey Filipe. Your journal caught my eye because PS Mini is in the title and mine arrives today! Then I got sucked in so I thought I'd address a couple things.
Leaves up = happiness. LED's can cause a deficiency but it's not Cal Mag. I'v never figured out the exact mineral or minerals involved but a few morning foliars of Microblast and it's gone. It's so consistent I've named it The Kind Deficiency. Yes, I own a Kind.
LED's "bring out" more colors, reason unknown. That Krypta is looking delicious, good job!

Thanks Mj76! Welcome! :high-five:

I’m sure you will like the Mini. If you read through my journal, you are already aware of the potential for light stress. I am thinking now, since K responded more favorably to the addition of the screen than to any treatment for Ca-Mg def, that the upper leaf damage was primarily due to the intensity of the Mini at the minimal distance that I have to work with. I hope you have more vertical room for it.

Mj76, I to have Mini's. In fact after checking the readings with a Quantum PAR meter, I purchased a second. Now with about 9inches of separation I'm getting huge coverage side to side and front to back in my tent. I figure I have the quality and quantity of a PS500 with a bit more placement flexibility. One thing for sure is the intensity has certainly increased and I am using the recommended distances for the PS500 instead of the mini. Agreed I feel you will really like the quality of the light and didn't get sucked in.

The photo I posted is of a bud that is a bit further along than most. I’m still seeing straight white pistils on most other colas, so she’s at least a couple more weeks away from being ready. I like all cloudy, with a touch (~10-20%) amber.

Today, I took both ladies out of the tent for some primping. First up, Krypta after a trim.

And then Jackie. She really needed a trim too.

Thanks for stopping by! :high-five: :passitleft:

Oh, and I took the opportunity to loupe the trichs in buds away from directly under the Mini. Saw lots of glass (clear). As much as I know Jackie would appreciate the tent all to herself, I think Krypta is going to be at least a couple more weeks, which would make it around 80 days.

Also decided to add another layer of screen under the Mini. It’s just too powerful at my available height.

I can see I need several lessons from you already. First the way you get your trunk to lay down and the nodes to spread from down low. Trimming techniques number two. Finally you are scaring me with regards to your light issues. I'm hoping I have enough tent height to make the difference. All in all, they are both looking very nice indeed!!!

You will do much better, I’m sure. Some of my early spreading of the stems got messed up during the stretch, when both plants were fighting for spatial domination. If I had just one plant, or at least more space, I would follow Shed’s reco to continue to tug, pull, tie down, and totally subject the plant to your will. Keep the chosen colas spread out, and prevent any one cola from achieving apical dominance.

There are cola tips from both within 13” directly below the Mini. Krypta is affected much more than Jackie.
So I received my mini last Friday. I set it up over a 4wk old Og @ 30in. She loved it. So the next day I dropped it down to 27in. Total mistake, she showed light stress within an hr or two. At 27in! The power in that little light is impressive. So I decided to just let her grow up to it. I think the Sativa in Jackie is what's giving her some resistance to the intensity. That whole equatorial thing. Krypta is just so pretty....:circle-of-love:

Hey Mj! :high-five:
Thanks for your compliment for Krypta! I do feel bad about the leaf damage from the light stress. I like my plants to be healthy all the way to harvest. But the purplish buds are pretty (and unexpected).

Also, thanks for sharing your experience with the Mini. It’s good for me (and others) to know how different strains react to the intensity of the Mini. I think you might be onto something re Sativas having more tolerance for strong light. :thanks:

Keep the chosen colas spread out, and prevent any one cola from achieving apical dominance.
It's been kind of two late for that. The big monster that actually split and was repaired has certainly taken a apical dominance position and leaped up. There is nothing I can do to pull down as it's too stiff and too big. It was headed that direction when I tried to tie it down and it split.

It's been kind of two late for that. The big monster that actually split and was repaired has certainly taken a apical dominance position and leaped up. There is nothing I can do to pull down as it's too stiff and too big. It was headed that direction when I tried to tie it down and it split.
I don’t know if it’s possible for your plant but you could try hanging something like a watter bottle on the top, then add a bit more water each day to bend it down slowly and hopefully safely.

I think this branch is a little too stiff to do that without affecting the split below at the main node. Great idea, but if I pull it down at this point it's going to be up against the tent wall also. I did raise the light that is directly over it about 4 inches, to make sure that I wouldn't have any light stress on such a healthy growth.

Back
Top Bottom