Fire Safety: How do you prevent a disaster?

I untie mine, reloop them & make a hangsman's noose knot on both ends of my hangers. I don't trust the way they tie them because I had one come apart & ruin my Nextlight Mega. Had a ratchet stay open once & wouldn't click to stay in position. I too use 2 hangers in each spot I'd normally use 1 when hanging heavy stuff. I don't leave any slack though. My Light must be 40-lbs. so I've also added a bunch of extra hanging bars which has this tent solid as a rock.

i also noted there are several builders providing only two attachment points. once a rig gets that large, i'd consider 4 attachment points to be a given. most builders are a serious fail on this.

Brother, Maybe you could build you a grow shed once you're back on your feet. Sure hope you find a way to grow again even if it's outdoor grows. Best of Luck !
Hey Bud hope you are well my friend.
I'll have a greenhouse next year for sure.
Still have 200 lbs of soil I mixed in the spring.
The winters here are bitter.
That's why I was thinking of insulating a shipping container.
But I'll find something for sure.
Going to be a long rd back Buddy.
But I'm not going anywhere so I have time.
I miss the therapy.
My wife managed to get some RSO.
Wow amazing stuff, so im moving much better.
Just need to get organized and back on track.
Stay safe.
Bill

I think Bill had the same issue I had with the cheapo knock off LED's I used when I 1st started growing. One day one of the lights wouldn't work. The power switch would not click on. I took it down & opened it up. The entire plastic housing on the switch was melted & a wire was hanging lose. So I checked my other 2 lights & sure enough they were doing the same thing. Now if that wire that was lose grounded out & caused a spark I'd of probably had a fire too. I was lucky.
So watch the light you buy. Cheapo knock offs are dangerous. The ones I bought were $59 each, blurple 300 watters.
Wish I still had the pics but they were on a different computer that went out on me. It would make anyone think twice about cheapo lights.
Is viparspectra or spider farmer considered a cheap knock off? Was thinking of getting one of their qbs but dont want a poorly built one that can blow up.

Is viparspectra or spider farmer considered a cheap knock off? Was thinking of getting one of their qbs but dont want a poorly built one that can blow up.
Hey Grandady hope your well.
From everything iv read and seen you can’t go wrong with @viperspectra.
I’ve used them since 2017 with out any issues whatsoever.
Quality products as far as I’m concerned.
Hope that helps.
Stay safe my friend.
Bill

SF great lights also if you dont have issues with heat.Pretty hot lights if im honest even with drivers of hotter than a vipar
of the same spec with a driver in my test with a friend who has SF2000 but he pulls 1g per watt no problem more tbh.
I also think you go high spec the bigger the light.Not many HIGH SPEC small light makers in the game.So i would call
Mars spider and vipar the high end of the small light world tbh.The share of the market those have in SMALL lights
how can we not call them high spec because of cost? Market share counts to me and results. I paid a lot of money for two p300s cause they came from a USA maker at extra cost due to hype like alot of people did they work great ye.But again my friend had a cheaper purple light which did just as good a job as my $$$ ones.

I have the Viparspectra XS2000. Fantastic light! Completely recommend it 8.5/10. Worth the money!

image.jpg

I find myself missing big HPS lights. I couldn't afford to run them or support the kind of garden they'd be useful in but, nonetheless... A couple of 1Kw HPS and a couple of 400-watt MH on a Sun Circle (do they even still make those?) light mover could produce some impressive buds, lol.

samsung chips meanwell driver better heatsink on the XS .But thats becuase of the extra wattage if you ask me.Not much in it tbh apart from parts used.
Thanks for the reply. Whats your yield like? Thinking of getting the xs1500. My space is a 3.3x3.3 and i have cob lights running now. Is the xs series much better than the pro series?

Thanks for the reply. Whats your yield like? Thinking of getting the xs1500. My space is a 3.3x3.3 and i have cob lights running now. Is the xs series much better than the pro series?
I think the xs2000 would cover it, but just. Might be an issue with a couple large photo’s. But should be fine for 2 or 3 auto’s. I can’t comment on the yield as I have the XS and 2 Mixjoy LED’s in my 4x4. I know it’s overkill but it certainly does the job!

I think the xs2000 would cover it, but just. Might be an issue with a couple large photo’s. But should be fine for 2 or 3 auto’s. I can’t comment on the yield as I have the XS and 2 Mixjoy LED’s in my 4x4. I know it’s overkill but it certainly does the job!
Mixjoy LED's ? Never heard of them; but it sounds like the Cheapo knockoffs I was talking about. Going to look them up.
Just looked. Don't sound too bad. Just not familiar with them.

Mixjoy LED's ? Never heard of them; but it sounds like the Cheapo knockoffs I was talking about. Going to look them up.
Just looked. Don't sound too bad. Just not familiar with them.
Yeah they’re alright. But now that I have the Vipar I wouldn’t buy another moxjoy again. Vipar all the way.

Ive been in touch with viparspectra. They arent ul certified but they are ce and rohs certified and in the process of fc certification. Dunno what all that means but i assume thats ok. The Canadian xs lights are still going through the canadian certification process.
Vipar has been around a while now. Their old Blurple lights sucked. But their new white LED's are pretty good. Never heard of fire issues with them.

Vipar has been around a while now. Their old Blurple lights sucked. But their new white LED's are pretty good. Never heard of fire issues with them.
My old Vipar burple served me well with decent yields for years, I still use it as a top up along with Mars TS1000
Best of both worlds

Back
Top Bottom