First Attempt To Clone A Flowering Clone

geez...i'm so far behind on this journal! i've been caring for the clones, but just haven't had the time to make note of it here.

last thursday, 10 march, i gave them all a light dose of earth juice veg nutes...

monday, 14 march, i upcanned them all into soil consisting of 1/3 ocean forest, 1/3 perlite and 1/3 coco coir. first time i've used coco and first time i've used this kind of soil, so it should be interesting to see how they do.

today, i am giving them all a dose of tea that has been bubbling since monday afternoon...

here is a picture of all 9...i didn't give them names, just numbers...i like the idea of names and may do that next! anyway...#1 never grew so it was pulled...now i have #2 through #10 to care for...

this picture is from 4 march...you can see #1 on the far left...it just never grew...

2016-03-04_12_41_54.jpg

and this was taken on monday, 14 march...

2016-03-16_10_55_55.jpg

busy time of year for me...i've been taking care of the plants...but not the journal!

we spent last week going to see bruce springsteen and the e street band in portland and seattle...very good shows but seattle was by far the best! and we had company so with people in the house i had to do everything on qt.

and it's spring here so outside gardening is happening...too!

anyway, the plants are doing fine. i see on march 16th, i upcanned them and gave them a dose of tea. in the two weeks since then, i have been giving them moderate doses of earth juice nutes, the last time was last sunday 27 march. today i gave them cal/mag in water ph'd to 6.3. had to use a bit of silica to bring the ph up to a good range. and this afternoon i spent an hour or so trimming their undergrowth as they are (or were) very bushy and that undergrowth is never going to see the light of day.

i'm noticing that they need water a lot sooner with the potting soil combination that i'm using. when i just plant in dirt, they can go 10 to 14 days before they look thirsty, but these guys needed water within 5 days.

i was going to take some pictures, but i can't find my camera at the moment. when i get it corralled, i'll update the pictures as i'm getting ready to flip them to flower.

wow...here it is only tuesday and they're starting to droop...last watered on last friday...i guess this soil mix isn't a very good idea unless you have the time to be right on their needs every day or have an automatic waterer like a blumat system which i have and may hook up. i want to put these into flowering this friday...

and i found my camera, it will be home wednesday, so i can put up pictures in a couple of days.

so today, i'm going to mix up a batch of earth juice nutes and give them all a drink.

well that last update was on monday, not tuesday...but whatever....and when i mixed up the nutes, i added some silica to bring the ph up...but then read that the silica should be added first...so next time i'll follow that routine.

wednesday this week came around and they started drooping again, so i gave them water ph'd with cal/mag. it brings the ph down very nicely...

today, they were starting to look thirsty again, so i gave them each 3 cups of water ph'd to about 6.2 using cal/mag as a down ph. my tap water ph's to about 7.8 and is very clean in that it doesn't even register on my truncheon.

i've got a few lower leaves showing nutrient deficiency...but i'm hoping the nutes i gave them on monday will take care of that. the new growth looks good.

i've been struggling with low humidity, too. have a humidifier and wet towels hanging in the room...and i started spraying the leaves with water ph'd to 6.3. i wasn't sure if it mattered if the water was correctly ph'd for spraying the leaves...but figured it would be better to be safe.

my camera came home so i've got some pictures to post.

oh yeah, and about monday, i cleaned out a lot of the undergrowth...just sayin'...

happy saturday...it's a beautiful day here in the great northwest!

i turned the clock to 12/12 today. wanted to do it sooner, but am a little nervous about putting them into flower as i know that things can go south and not be turned around if it happens in flower mode...but i'm running out of time as this crop has to be harvested and dried by 20 june.

here the pictures i took yesterday...

this one is of the 5 on the left...
2016-04-08_18_16_24.jpg

and this is the other 4 on the right...
2016-04-08_18_16_47.jpg

these next 3 are some shots of the leaf damage i mentioned earlier...can't really see it very well...but i think they need some phosphorus...they're due to be fed again on monday...as i figured feeding once/week should be about right for them...

2016-04-08_18_17_53.jpg

2016-04-08_18_17_30.jpg

2016-04-08_18_17_16.jpg

good monday morning! i've put a laptop in the attic so that i can journal more easily and accurately.

i'm going to feed them once per week. since this is the first week of flowering, i'm going to up the silica and potash with some bud blood and pro-tekt.

one teaspoon pro-tekt in 1 3/4 gallon of water = 27 cups = 3 cups per plant (9 plants).

bud blood says 2ml per liter of water. 27 cups is a little over 6 liters so that would mean 12 ml of bud blood. 1 1/2 tblsp of earthjuice "grow," and 1 tsp earthjuice "microblast."

ph at 4.73 so used earthjuice ph up to bring the ph up to 6.46.

here are a couple of pictures of the lower leaves...i believe they are showing signs of potassium and phosphorus deficiencies...but i'm a rookie so that's just my best guess...here are pictures...

there aren't a lot of leaves showing these symptoms and not all the plants...hopefully, what i gave them today will ease their deficiencies and they'll grow big and strong!

i think this looks like phosphorus deficiency

DSC047986.JPG

and this looks like potassium deficiency

DSC047977.JPG

today, i'm brewing tea...will dose them with it tomorrow...they've just been getting straight water ph'd to 6.5. i'm seeing more signs of deficiency, but i inadvertently gave them water ph'd to about 7.3 (my tap water is high ph) last week.

dosed the clones with the tea last sunday, 17 april. today, a couple are looking thirsty, so i'm going to mix up and bubble some earthjuice nutes and feed them as they look droopy...(trying to treat each one as an individual).

in 27 cups (nearly 2 gallons) of water i'll add 2 tsps of the meta k as it's primarily potash, 2 tbls of bloom and 2 tbls of grow for the nitrogen.

i'm also going to drop the ph to 6.0 to 6.3, as it seems with coco the ph needs to be lower....

What pH do you use with coco?

on friday 22 april (earth day) gave everyone 3 cups of nutes ph'd to 6.0 and then washed it down with 2 cups of plain water ph'd to 6.3. they were almost all drooping or starting to droop. it would've been better to give them the nutes a day sooner...will have to work on being more proactive in getting food/tea bubbled and ready for them when they are ready to have it. using the coco, they need water twice as often, i'm learning...

yesterday, 26 april, i gave them all 4 cups of water ph'd to 6.0.

'nother lesson learned...planting in coco is same same as planting in hydro as far as ph is concerned. since i'm planting in 1/3 coco and 1/3 perlite and 1/3 soil - 2/3's of pot is inert and needs ph around 5.5 - 6...quite different from planting in straight soil...so looking at ph chart for hydro i'm seeing that plants suffering from manganese deficiency because ph too high...will work to correct that with next feeding on saturday...i'll start bubbling the nutes tomorrow and give them a full 48 hours before feeding and will only raise the ph to 5.5-6.0.

hiya noob4x4grow! i thought i was talking to myownself! :)

just gave them each 3 cups of earth juice nutes in water ph'd to 5.8 and then chased with 2 cups plain water ph'd (using humic acid and phosphoric acid) to 5.8. along with the ej nutes, i added some aphrodite's extraction (sugar) and hygrozyme and ful-power humic acid. i bubbled the nutes for 48 hours and was surprised to see the ph at 7.3! it may've been the additives that brought it up. next time, i'll add the additives after the nutes have bubbled for 48 hours. ej nutes are usually around 4.8 to 5.x after being bubbled. i also heated the nutes as they bubbled to a temp of 77-78 degrees using a heat mat as i've read they like the water temp to be around 80 degrees.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom