First Attempt To Clone A Flowering Clone

Put them on 24 her light stop them from flowering. They are way to small for that. Just for couple days. Then 18 6 or whatever u do as light hours. Be careful on it , they might hermie on u.

i put them on 24 hour light a couple of days ago...they were on a 18/6 timer...i didn't do it because i thought it was a good idea...lol...i did it because i moved them and they could no longer reach the timer...so even though i didn't know what i was doing...i did the best thing...nice when that happens!

so if they hermie, that means they have both male and female flowers, right? and if any of them do that...i can either pick off the male flowers, or just chop off their heads and put them in the recycle, right?

(i'm really not a violent person...) :)

and thank you for the head's up on the light!! :thanks:

Well hermi means female turns into a male and produces seeds in the buds. Seeds will not make female seeds only. It make both male and female seeds. And it will be a lot of pollen sacks. Will have to pick pollen sacks off. But don't worries about that. You did right think. Put them on 24 hour light when u did. . Shouldn't have a issue. So don't worries .your fine as u did.

well they seem to be doing ok....let's see...i planted 5 on feb 4th and the other 5 on feb 11 - exactly one week later...

today i put 2 cups of water ph'd to 6.5 through all of them.

they had a visitor today, that you can see in the first picture! :)

2016-02-19_13_45_37.jpg

here are all 10...you can see how much taller some of them are...i'm going to give them individual names when i can move them into the grow room...
2016-02-19_15_44_19.jpg

hi 7! yesterday i moved the 10 into their permanent grow room under the led lights...the first 5 i planted are considerably larger than the other 5. in a few days, i'm going to give them all a dose of the tea...some of the bigger ones have little flowers on them and they are sticky and smell like pot...lol...so i'm going to just have to watch them, i guess and see what they do.

these guys are just for a quickie harvest. i want to get them big enough to flower asap. i don't know if i should up can them before flowering them...they are in one gallon pots now...i could move them to 3 gallon...just don't know if it's worth the time...

this is just an experiment and i'm going to need the room for the next grow in a few weeks...as soon as i get the soil and the seeds gathered.

here are all 10...
2016-02-22_17_59_40.jpg

these are the bigger 5...
2016-02-22_17_59_55.jpg

and these are the littler 5...
2016-02-22_18_00_04.jpg

it sounds like you had a great rate of goodness. I like it. great job. not really understand the flowering ones cloned. I didn't think they could handle the stress. but whatever you done keep doing it write it down save it post it on frig. just don't lose it. like I did.

I have had great success with my Cloneking 25. 100% success rate even with flowering clone. They just take longer. 3-4 weeks for a flowering plant, 10-14 days for veg plant. :peace:

hey supergroomer...thanks for stopping by!

you have grown clones from a flowering plant? just to clarify...are you saying that they need 10-14 days to veg and then 3-4 weeks to flower? that's kind of what i was looking for ... some idea of time they need.

it sounds like you had a great rate of goodness. I like it. great job. not really understand the flowering ones cloned. I didn't think they could handle the stress. but whatever you done keep doing it write it down save it post it on frig. just don't lose it. like I did.

hiya 7! yeah...pretty much amazed myownself! and grateful that they've made it this far...lol...

i'm real good with the young'uns and the teenagers...it's when they become adults and nearly ready to flower that i typically go off the rails and into the ditch! :) i guess it's when they get bigger and need more stuff and they are more sensitive to the ph issues. i've just recently learned that our water is not a ph of 7, like i thought...but more like 7.5...all these little details are good to know!

so we'll see how far i get with these guys...i guess you could call them teenagers at this point...

hey supergroomer...thanks for stopping by!

you have grown clones from a flowering plant? just to clarify...are you saying that they need 10-14 days to veg and then 3-4 weeks to flower? that's kind of what i was looking for ... some idea of time they need.

What I meant was, clones taken from plants in veg take 10-14 days to get enough roots to plant. Clones taken from plants in flower will generally get roots in 3-4 weeks. Clones taken from flowering plants are notoriously hard to get to root. They have to go from flower mode back to veg mode before they will start to develop roots. If you keep your mother in veg, you can take clones, have them rooted in 2 weeks. I hope this clarifies it a little bit. :peace:

What I meant was, clones taken from plants in veg take 10-14 days to get enough roots to plant. Clones taken from plants in flower will generally get roots in 3-4 weeks. Clones taken from flowering plants are notoriously hard to get to root. They have to go from flower mode back to veg mode before they will start to develop roots. If you keep your mother in veg, you can take clones, have them rooted in 2 weeks. I hope this clarifies it a little bit. :peace:

yes, it does...thank you!

just a quick update today as i'm so far behind on so many things!

saturday evening, i gave each of them 2 cups of water with pro-tekt (potassium and silicon) ph'd to 6.4.

they are doing fine...but i'm going to be culling them as one isn't growing (it's just sitting there - not dying but not growing) and a couple are producing flowers and i don't think we need flowers just yet so they're being weird.

i turned the lights down to 18/6 on saturday. they had been on 24/7 to discourage flowering, but some appear to be intent on flowering, anyway.

tomorrow or the next day i'll try to get some pictures up....it's interesting the contorted (for a cannabis plant) way they are growing!

Might be some auto plants ones flowering. They will do that.
Ph is kinda high. I put mine 5.8 to 6.2 no more than 6.2 but I don't use the pH pens. I have a pool kit and go by color of water. That mean I guess. Lmao.

You know I have no idea what ph of soil is. Been using same thing since day one, ocean forest from FF. Supposed to be balanced in neutral. Between 5.8 to 6.4 I think. Or 6.2. I keep it all same. Does fine as you can tell of my journal. Take a look. Works good to me. If ain't broke don't need to fix it. I hardly do anything but water every 3 to 4 days. Add my trio mix. That's it.

hiya 7! i started reading your journal today...had to stop to iron my man some clothes for work...(he's a teacher so he's gotta look sharp for the younguns)...but i'll be back on it tomorrow...it looked pretty interesting!

my question wasn't very well asked...what i meant was if you are growing in soil...your water is ph'd down to 5.8 to 6.4? but i think you have already answered it, so :thanks:

i'm so very far behind on this journal! my husband got sick and everything kinda went sideways! so today is the day i will ketchup...

last thursday, 3 march, i gave each clone 4 cups of water with calmag & pro-tekt ph'd to 6.5. some of them are already drooping again, so my plan is to give them a light feeding today, upcan them on friday, and give them a shot of tea next week. a couple of them are looking hungry!

yeah I had to pull my plants up last week. sucks. but I put few more in dirt also. to replace them.

yeah I had to pull my plants up last week. sucks. but I put few more in dirt also. to replace them.

good morning, 7! so sorry to hear you had to pull your plants...i know how much we invest in each grow and that had to hurt a bit! hopefully, the work you are having done will make it a worthwhile sacrifice...

Back
Top Bottom