First Attempt To Clone A Flowering Clone

navigator

last sunday, 17 january, i trimmed excess foliage from 10 clones i put into flowering on 2 january 2016. i put the 14 cuttings in a bowl of water ph adjusted to 6.5 and 4 drops of superthrive. on wednesday, 20 january, i prepped the cuttings (trimmed the ends and dipped them in cloning gel and powder and trimmed the fan leaves) and put them in a turboklone that my son loaned me.

i have cloned a couple of times, but never from a flowering plant.
this journal is just to track their progress and see if any of them survive...so this journal may be a shortie...lol!

2016-01-20_15_54_54.jpg
2016-01-20_16_02_09.jpg

Might have to watch this. I only done it 8 out of 15 times successfully.

Might have to watch this. I only done it 8 out of 15 times successfully.

welcome 7! good to have you here...any suggestions as to what worked and what didn't in your experience?

i forgot to mention that i also trimmed all the flowers before putting them in the cloner.

i've got a heat mat under the turboklone because the temp was too low...in the 60's. then i had to put the cloner up on boards because it was getting too hot...in the 80's sitting directly on the heat mat...oh well...

other than trying to keep the water temp in the mid-70's and the water ph in the 6.5 range, there isn't much to do...though i do look at them every day...:)

welcome 7! good to have you here...any suggestions as to what worked and what didn't in your experience?

i forgot to mention that i also trimmed all the flowers before putting them in the cloner.

i've got a heat mat under the turboklone because the temp was too low...in the 60's. then i had to put the cloner up on boards because it was getting too hot...in the 80's sitting directly on the heat mat...oh well...

other than trying to keep the water temp in the mid-70's and the water ph in the 6.5 range, there isn't much to do...though i do look at them every day...:)

hey like i said 8 out of 15. lmao. i do know you have to cut from a 3rd node tho. seems to me it worked out better and get good root compound stuff. and keep it dark for few days before light hits them. light will kill the crap out of them first few days. other than that. i really not sure. i never had good luck with them. i made female seeds to have more of a plant.

:popcorn:

Good luck. I just transplanted into larger containers, a Lemon Kush and a Nubela that I cloned from their mothers that were 6 weeks into flower. I was surprised they took. It's the normal clones I have taken have a huge death rate. Time to disinfect the cloner and try again. I also use a heating pad with a timer to control the temperature.

I never used a heat pad. But they were inside the house under a dome too. It might been warm enough. But I did post the clones I did last year. Not sure which post it was. I'll try go back and look.

:popcorn:

Good luck. I just transplanted into larger containers, a Lemon Kush and a Nubela that I cloned from their mothers that were 6 weeks into flower. I was surprised they took. It's the normal clones I have taken have a huge death rate. Time to disinfect the cloner and try again. I also use a heating pad with a timer to control the temperature.

thanks, skunkpilot! i'm hoping at least one or two survive...are the lemon kush and the nubela growing into monster plants?

Like I said I got 8 out of 15 tried. It's hard to me I'm lazy man. Simple is best.

hi 7! they were cut last sunday, not put into cloner until last wednesday...so this is day 5!
got fingers crossed toes and all. should start to see yellowing soon then. if i remember 11th day or about., i always done several like you got there and get about 1/3 of them cloned.
you see that yellowing on leaves you got it right.

good to know, 7! i'll watch for the yellowing leaves....just checked ph and it was too high...like 7.2...ph pen wigged out on me so just got it replaced today...anyway...adjusted it down to where it should be...6.56 or so...hopefully it won't be a negative on the future of the clones!

I found my notes.
Day one cut 3rd node. Cut 45 degrees at bottom node. Trim all leaves but 2. And cut them halfs.
Cut node 45 degree in middle of node. Split 1/16 towards tops.
Dark out 3 days. To promote healing and stress
Water 5.8 to 6.5 ph
Day 9 to 11 should see yellowing of leaves.
Day 12 or more should see roots forming
Day 20 add to soil.

Keep dome temp over 72 prefer high 70s. Enough moisture on dome .
Blow in carbon dioxide to help plants. Replace air 2 times daily.
Day 30 new growth.
**** 8 out of 15 grew.
Note no yellowing don't waist time they will die.

thank you so much, 7! really appreciate you posting that on my journal...i'll always have it to refer to!

there is one clone that looks like it's yellowing...i'll do all that i can to encourage it! :)

I learned hard way on things. I never had anything easy . Least it seems that way. Better to learn and not have hard times growing but these plants are so hard to learn and once you learn how it becomes easy. But it's the pain of the learn take a toll on people. A lot people give up and these plants are easy to give uo. Maybe that's why it cures 40 something problems and illnesses. Got to work for life. Life was not en tented to be given or easy. I don't think anyway.

Back
Top Bottom