First Attempted Outdoor Bag Seed Grow In Soil 2017

Well the girls are looking good today I swear the rain made my whole garden grow about 4 inches. I came out this morning and my tomatoes are trying to take over and I already need to repot both my girls because the roots are growing out the bottom... So now into a 5 gallon. I was wondering if it's too soon or not soon enough or if I should just let it go but I need them to start bushing out and not getting taller. Right now they kinda blend in with the rest of my garden. Can I FIM again or supercrop or LST
I personally like fimming or LST. You can also pinch the stem right above a node and it will retard its growth. You just squeeze gently untill you feel a pop.

Or you can make a scrog top and bend them.
I bent this one up yesterday and it's already let 6 new tops show up to the party.
420-magazine-mobile45988112.jpg

420-magazine-mobile617875586.jpg

I personally like fimming or LST. You can also pinch the stem right above a node and it will retard its growth. You just squeeze gently untill you feel a pop.

Or you can make a scrog top and bend them.
I bent this one up yesterday and it's already let 6 new tops show up to the party.
420-magazine-mobile45988112.jpg

420-magazine-mobile617875586.jpg
How often should I do the fimming and If I were to LST where would I try and start it. Im down to experiment since honestly I haven't had to invest too much into this grow since I already have a garden.
21032b609e84cc984e144fd64afc8aa8.jpg
56669dc15433c2d9eac6945c6995ce82.jpg
5ccfee681ff9968fa46968b1b4c2085c.jpg

I think there is 4 coming out where I fimmed

48eea2a0976f562e9b8e5720215018e3.jpg
a8ab6e41eb89cd90032b14a39352e0cf.jpg

She got a haircut...those leaf miners are no joke....they have been attacking everything and some of them are huge!
e8f70c27edaf69e1b51f07214bcd76c5.jpg

So the idea for fimming, topping, LST, is all to allow more new heads. Your fim (which was done really well) allows for the next node to catch up. So if you were to bend or snip, start up top so the bottom can catch up.

Good luck on the bugs!! I'd take the bottom three node sets off that plan anyways, those are just going to be bud suckers later anywho

Well the girls are looking good today I swear the rain made my whole garden grow about 4 inches. I came out this morning and my tomatoes are trying to take over and I already need to repot both my girls because the roots are growing out the bottom... So now into a 5 gallon. I was wondering if it's too soon or not soon enough or if I should just let it go but I need them to start bushing out and not getting taller. Right now they kinda blend in with the rest of my garden. Can I FIM again or supercrop or LST
It's not an illusion. With rain a lot of nitrogen comes down, particularly with thunder storms. And that's responsible for greening of plants, especially after long heatwaves. And nitrogen is responsible for stem elongation and for moving other nutrients around, thus they can grow very rapidly in 24 hrs following the rainfall.

Yes I can tell they already wanna have more room Ive been looking around for the fabric pots might have to just deal with the plastic 5gal from home Depot that I have so I'm doing that today.
I'd also throw her in at least a 5 gal.
She is gonna get hella pissed later in flower if she doesn't have room

So the idea for fimming, topping, LST, is all to allow more new heads. Your fim (which was done really well) allows for the next node to catch up. So if you were to bend or snip, start up top so the bottom can catch up.

Good luck on the bugs!! I'd take the bottom three node sets off that plan anyways, those are just going to be bud suckers later anywho
Okay let's see if I understand.. since I just fimmed a couple days ago the new top are growing so I should wait til they are a little bit bigger before I FIM again? And the bottom sets i trim those off?
420-magazine-mobile1926443566.jpg

at this point let them grow, all of my plants (in Cali) have started transitioning to flower
The very bottom sets? That would be pointless would you say? They're barely thicker than toothpicks.
Okay let's see if I understand.. since I just fimmed a couple days ago the new top are growing so I should wait til they are a little bit bigger before I FIM again? And the bottom sets i trim those off?
420-magazine-mobile1926443566.jpg
That's correct. The top you fimmed slowed veritcal growth, allowing the next set to catch up.
If you wait and fim again, the next sets can catch up (or get closer)

I would be careful to pay attention though. You don't want to cut too often or too far into flower.

I think I'll have one more trim for my ladies. You can always LST too.

But I stick to what I said and take those very bottom bits off. Just the real little ones at the bottom

Hhaha.. my bad we ended up having a really bad storm that night and so I had to put off repotting them and do a little damage control in my garden since it was really windy and heavy rain and a couple branches had to be mended on tomatoes. But again everyone grew like five inches and luckily when I did repot them into the five gallon they were not rootbound. . . I also got a awesome deal on some pro mix organic soil and so far they seem happy. I did a little LST and supercropping. Not sure how I will manage to get them situated but I'm just going with whatever boundaries I can push to manipulate them without stressing too bad .

That supercropping looks like it was needed - those girls were growing lanky, and a little late in the season to grow into big bushes (unless your seasons are down under.)
I agree they responded very well when I started to manipulate how they were sitting. I mean I'm seeing a ton of new growth on all the places that are now getting Sun. I'm not really trying to get a bushy plant I was just trying to kind of control the stretching and maybe get a little bit more of a uniform even shape for sunlight. I know it's a little late to be doing so much but so far they aren't getting mad when I mess with them. I know the smaller one will be the easiest to manipulate she is very happy now compared to her old container.

I agree they responded very well when I started to manipulate how they were sitting. I mean I'm seeing a ton of new growth on all the places that are now getting Sun. I'm not really trying to get a bushy plant I was just trying to kind of control the stretching and maybe get a little bit more of a uniform even shape for sunlight. I know it's a little late to be doing so much but so far they aren't getting mad when I mess with them. I know the smaller one will be the easiest to manipulate she is very happy now compared to her old container.

I've supercropped after buds set - you do what you got to do !

Back
Top Bottom