First Attempted Outdoor Bag Seed Grow In Soil 2017

Looks like you're on top of it. Nice and healthy plants! :thumb:
Thank you. I've been pretty surprised how easy they have been in comparison to my other garden plants like my tomatoes and peppers that are alot more finicky. It still never ceases to amaze me though the whole growing from seed process on any plant. I never considered myself a green thumb but i guess kinda have a knack for it. I love at night when I see everyone reaching for the stars it's truly magical and it's weird watching them because I know they are alive but I think they like it when I come keep them company haha

Thank you. I've been pretty surprised how easy they have been in comparison to my other garden plants like my tomatoes and peppers that are alot more finicky. It still never ceases to amaze me though the whole growing from seed process on any plant. I never considered myself a green thumb but i guess kinda have a knack for it. I love at night when I see everyone reaching for the stars it's truly magical and it's weird watching them because I know they are alive but I think they like it when I come keep them company haha

I grew a row of tall sunflowers this year. It's quite something to stand next to a single flower twice as tall as you are.

I grew a row of tall sunflowers this year. It's quite something to stand next to a single flower twice as tall as you are.
Oh yeah sunflowers are beast!
I agree they responded very well when I started to manipulate how they were sitting. I mean I'm seeing a ton of new growth on all the places that are now getting Sun. I'm not really trying to get a bushy plant I was just trying to kind of control the stretching and maybe get a little bit more of a uniform even shape for sunlight. I know it's a little late to be doing so much but so far they aren't getting mad when I mess with them. I know the smaller one will be the easiest to manipulate she is very happy now compared to her old container.

Glad everything was ok!! Way to go on the bondage!! Still have a little bit of stretch left.
Way to keep them green!
Thanks I think maybe I'm seeing some flowers? I know where I fimmed I'm now seeing like 4-6 spots of new growth. When it comes to flowering I'm not sure what nutrients I should be using.

Thanks I think maybe I'm seeing some flowers? I know where I fimmed I'm now seeing like 4-6 spots of new growth. When it comes to flowering I'm not sure what nutrients I should be using.
Go ahead and show some pics! I bet you definitely have preflowers now!!

You move from more N to more K.
I use Fox farm big bloom and age old bloom. Later in flower I'll add Big Bud and bud candy.

Nutrients are important I agree, but more important is using them strategically and what I mean is try to cut down on blind walking before you start :)

Your plants are potted, so nutrients will get depleted eventually, but rarely after first run. You just added a lot of worm castings if I remember right and this type of compost has almost everything your plants need except some minerals like calcium, magnesium, maybe iron and manganese, so raising ppm of these in soil is your priority. Everything else is there in abundance.

Pre Flowers?

420-magazine-mobile1562839965.jpg

420-magazine-mobile406922524.jpg

420-magazine-mobile635572886.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2019528650.jpg

Nutrients are important I agree, but more important is using them strategically and what I mean is try to cut down on blind walking before you start :)

Your plants are potted, so nutrients will get depleted eventually, but rarely after first run. You just added a lot of worm castings if I remember right and this type of compost has almost everything your plants need except some minerals like calcium, magnesium, maybe iron and manganese, so raising ppm of these in soil is your priority. Everything else is there in abundance.
I used abou a 1/4 cup per plant and then when I repotted them I re potted them with pro mix organic soil. I haven't done anything extra since re potting.

I used abou a 1/4 cup per plant and then when I repotted them I re potted them with pro mix organic soil. I haven't done anything extra since re potting.
Start slowly building up to a full bloom feeding. You're soil has nutes in it so you can really ease into it!
I'd look into adding some microbes too. Great white works well ✌️

Invest in good source of calcium/magnesium in a proper ratio, so you don't have to customise it yourself. It'll be pain in the ass to get anything fast release if you want to stay organic, but you need it for healthy plants and heavy flowers. Online you might find a lot of good stuff.

Invest in good source of calcium/magnesium in a proper ratio, so you don't have to customise it yourself. It'll be pain in the ass to get anything fast release if you want to stay organic, but you need it for healthy plants and heavy flowers. Online you might find a lot of good stuff.
Any suggestions on those? Is it just called Cal/mag?

botanicare cal-mag. easy peazy
This product is chelated and non-organic from what I gather, but it's really not my call. I know that organic growers in US go for dolomite lime and Epsom salts, but I don't know how hard it's gonna be to get both.

If none of these products are available I can recommend getting some wood ash, which will provide enough calcium carbonate for flowering even in a small dose and a moderate amount of potassium if that's an issue.

Back
Top Bottom