First Attempted Outdoor Bag Seed Grow In Soil 2017

You don't know the strain, so it's impossible to tell. Find out something about genetics, so we can figure it out.

I swear no matter how much I manipulate these ladies they continue to out do me lol I'm going to upload pics now. Will have update asap.

Well unfortunately my grow has been ended.... My husband has been feeling neglected so he decided while while I was asleep last night to go and.chop them down. I'm without words and I wasn't expecting him or anyone to do that. And my girls were looking so good especially the little one she was getting a ton of bud sites.. Ugh.I'm.sick

Yeah that's like backstabbing shit, he's definitely a control freak. You need to fight for yourself here.

Hmm on the other hand a wife of my buddy wanted to call police on him for growing indoor once and they have two sons. People are fuckin' mental.

Oh - I was literally just popping in here to pull up a chair! :popcorn: Been subbed for a little while already and thought I'd better announce myself . and tell you how lovely they were looking!

So sorry to hear of their untimely demise. That's a very disturbing occurrence for sure. It's a pretty heavy thing to do. You must be pretty pissed at him!

Are you ok?

Sending heaps of moral support down the virtual channels!

Well unfortunately my grow has been ended.... My husband has been feeling neglected so he decided while while I was asleep last night to go and.chop them down. I'm without words and I wasn't expecting him or anyone to do that. And my girls were looking so good especially the little one she was getting a ton of bud sites.. Ugh.I'm.sick

OMG! I am so sorry to hear and can feel the sickness from here! WTH?

Well I've taken some time to process the whole thing cuz I've just been I don't know I was shocked I was hurt I was pissed off I was everything you could imagine. I know that now he's feeling very remorseful especially the moment he saw me after what he'd done. He knows he messed up and he told me he had been very paranoid about it as of lately but he acted very extreme without at least talking to me and that's what really has me confused... this so isn't like him. I mean I don't wanna be putting myself on blast like that but I have to vent and I cant anywhere else but here!

Luckily though I was able to take a few cuttings and one of them that I had taken right before flowering actually has taken root yay.
420-magazine-mobile1215888437.jpg

Does it matter when I take the cuttings? I mean the other 3 were taken like 4 days ago.
420-magazine-mobile108891431.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1187486759.jpg

All seem happy and healthy and especially the one that has roots its starting to grow quickly.

All in all I'm excited that I'm may be able to salvage some of it with clones because I think that they would have turned out to be very nice producing plants if they would have been able to continue to grow. I guess there's a reason for everything and maybe there was a reason for that and I might not want to hear it right now but it might be something that was necessary.

Yay ...
So happy for you that there is survivors! And that one day you'll be able to enjoy the joy of smoking what you've grown yourself. I've only had 2 grows in previous years, which produced a medium amount each time. It was only mid-level weed in terms of potency etc. but it was the best I ever had - because I nurtured it, harvested ect. The whole process is such a joy. Hope you get to grow these out!!

Yeah processing takes time. Sometimes the epiphanies don't arise until months or years after difficult events. Go easy on yourself .

Does it matter when I take the cuttings? I mean the other 3 were taken like 4 days ago.

You can take cuttings from flowering plants and they will re-veg, but it takes longer. Once they have roots, they will grow strange leaves for a few weeks before growing normally again. So it takes longer but it works, you just need to be patient. This technique is sometimes called monster-cropping. I tried it myself and I currently have clones in my flower tent that were cuttings taken from flowering plants around day 20.

Well I think everyone is taking root and responding pretty well. I want to do these right and start early with training.
420-magazine-mobile1379053559.jpg

For the clipping I took when still in veg she is growing and I was wondering if I should top or fim yet and to start LST now while she is still pliable and small. Also if the days are getting shorter now won't that affect the growth?
420-magazine-mobile635770828.jpg

420-magazine-mobile719188825.jpg

Dinsdale you are right the leaves are growing kinda funny but they are growing :)

I know this is probably far fetched but I kept one of the girls that was chopped down in the soil like the roots and what was left of the stem and have been watering it left it in the sun.. just to see if anything happens. Lol
420-magazine-mobile1458100392.jpg

You may even get a harvest from these clones if the weather keeps up. The stem on the other hand won't regrow unfortunately.

Nice roots :) just up potted her shes growing nicely.
420-magazine-mobile800438402.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2145330979.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1551765413.jpg

I fimmed her yesterday and already see the rest catching up. I'm going to start LST tomorrow.

Hey Goddess! How excellent ..

Looking happy there.

You'll want to verify this with others more experienced. It looks a bit to me like you have some good water roots and not many of the thin spidery roots that are apparently preferential when growing in soil. I'm not 100% as the photo might be misleading so you'll know because you saw it. I know DocBud posted some shots recently of ideal soil roots. I'll try to find it. To get good roots going you water less. So if you've been keeping them wet, or even moist, they will benefit from drying out regularly. I have recently learnt this. Had a seedling and was encouraged to let it go as long as possible before watering ... that was 10days ago and over the last 5 days she's looked better every day.
Anyway - you may know this already, I just saw those thicker roots and thought, 'mmm less water' .

I'm still learning. What do you others think?

Hey Goddess! How excellent ..

Looking happy there.

You'll want to verify this with others more experienced. It looks a bit to me like you have some good water roots and not many of the thin spidery roots that are apparently preferential when growing in soil. I'm not 100% as the photo might be misleading so you'll know because you saw it. I know DocBud posted some shots recently of ideal soil roots. I'll try to find it. To get good roots going you water less. So if you've been keeping them wet, or even moist, they will benefit from drying out regularly. I have recently learnt this. Had a seedling and was encouraged to let it go as long as possible before watering ... that was 10days ago and over the last 5 days she's looked better every day.
Anyway - you may know this already, I just saw those thicker roots and thought, 'mmm less water' .

I'm still learning. What do you others think?
Interesting on the thicker roots meaning water roots I'm gonna look Into that! And yes I think I may need to let her dry out a little more it's been kinda humid lately with all these hurricanes.

Ok so I found it. Well them - it was 2 posts in two different but related places!

This is all coming from the good folk on DocBud's High Brix threads who grow in a kit developed by Doc ('the kit'). I don't grow in that at present, but I'm hoping to make it possible someday! Anyway, this info is relevant to all soil growing, not just the kit. It's the best thing I've learnt this week! My plant looks really happy and it's almost completely dry.

Here's the first post to check out - and these first roots, similar to yours, are still pretty fine... (fine meaning good :thumb:)

I transplanted 2 into 15 gal pots last night
420-magazine-mobile1113156295.jpg
420-magazine-mobile51737604.jpg

These roots seem healthy

... just apparently could be better - when you read the response about 4 posts on, from Doc Bud.
They look OK....better wet/dry cycles will give more root hairs and less of the large water roots...but they're workable for sure.

So, independent to that recent exchange I was working on blogging the kit instructions and came across this for healthy roots (plus an awesome tutorial to scoring when transplanting on the following page, something i had no idea about before!). This one is a link to the relevant post in a different thread (also Doc Bud's)

In The Lab With Doc Bud

This is all specific to vegetative stage, the wet/dry cycle.

I think they like more water during flower, in general. I'm thinking of putting mine onto a swicking bed during flower, but Im still researching that. (here's a link to stuff about swicks - SWICK Watering Systems - Letting the Plant Water Itself)

Hope all that helps you as much as it has me!

Yay - growing weed!:yahoo:

:Namaste:

Wow great info thanks! So ive been letting her dry out more and she is pushing a lot more new growth and at the same time she is still flowering both clones are but also adding veg, ive been giving them some nitrogen to see if it'll kick start more vegetative growth I've been trying to also keep light on them.
420-magazine-mobile2054320810.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1148904134.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1584988636.jpg

420-magazine-mobile606942456.jpg

Ok so I found it. Well them - it was 2 posts in two different but related places!

This is all coming from the good folk on DocBud's High Brix threads who grow in a kit developed by Doc ('the kit'). I don't grow in that at present, but I'm hoping to make it possible someday! Anyway, this info is relevant to all soil growing, not just the kit. It's the best thing I've learnt this week! My plant looks really happy and it's almost completely dry.

Here's the first post to check out - and these first roots, similar to yours, are still pretty fine... (fine meaning good :thumb:)

... just apparently could be better - when you read the response about 4 posts on, from Doc Bud.

So, independent to that recent exchange I was working on blogging the kit instructions and came across this for healthy roots (plus an awesome tutorial to scoring when transplanting on the following page, something i had no idea about before!). This one is a link to the relevant post in a different thread (also Doc Bud's)

In The Lab With Doc Bud

This is all specific to vegetative stage, the wet/dry cycle.

I think they like more water during flower, in general. I'm thinking of putting mine onto a swicking bed during flower, but Im still researching that. (here's a link to stuff about swicks - SWICK Watering Systems - Letting the Plant Water Itself)

Hope all that helps you as much as it has me!

Yay - growing weed!:yahoo:

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom