First BP Grow white widow

Re: First BP grow white widdow

Hay GG24 looking good bro! bushy little babies you have there, I believe 24/0 is a good round number! but I have read in a few places that a short lights out cycly (4hrs) gives the plants time to rest and recoup some an produce better, but like the others can't be to sure about these things! but maybe their something like people they and need a short sleep, tell you what we'll watch you try on the next lol! keep it simple Bro and you'll have no problems!

:thumb: Good lock on the Grow Bro

thx man yeah i been doin everythin i can to get em to grow i would love to smoke my own grown stuff. I get a pretty good vibe from my spoiled one and i believe the baby is really startin to speak to me lol. Well thx again im bout to go to this interview ill holler at ya'll and let you know how it went.

yeah i have had mine 24/7 since i started my grow and i think im goin to leave it like that till i start flowering and maybe my next grow ill try it just to see if i can really tell a significant diff

that is sound thinking right there.

When is comes to growing... no matter who says what, its almost always worth trying first hand.

But read this, it helps you better understand:

Note: diels alder was instrumental in helping turn this very technical subject into something much easier to understand. This is by no means a complete, technical explanation of Botany, rather it's an understanding of the basic principles.

Many times I've seen in posts that "roots grow during the dark.". If this were true, the 24/0 photoperiod would result in a plant with a tiny root structure, if one at all! We know this is not the case - so how does it actually work?

To simplify things, lets use an analogy. Try to think of a plant as a building... one constantly under construction. The plant needs raw materials, (fertilizers and water), and energy (light) in order to "build itself". The raw materials are the "bricks and mortar" of the building. The energy is the workers, vehicles and power tools used to assemble the building.

The Plant is capable of storing some raw materials and some energy for use later, but the amount is limited...think of a warehouse and a battery.

# During the day, (Lights ON) the plant is collecting and storing light energy, and is using and storing raw materials. The plant is stockpiling raw material, and is charging it's batteries... it is ALSO using raw materials and using the energy it is collecting. It's building itself, literally putting itself together.

During the day however, the plant is not as efficient at building itself, as it is at night (lights OFF.) It can build itself, but not as quickly.

# While the lights are OFF, the plant is using energy and raw materials to build itself.... the plant is more efficiently using the raw materials that it stored during the day. The plant is better at transporting and assembling the raw materials.

The bad news: since there is no light energy, the plant must rely on energy it stored while the lights were ON (its stored energy). (Essentially, the plant is running on batteries, and using raw material from the warehouse.)

There is no light energy to collect. Since the plant needs energy to absorb more raw materials, it is easier for the plant to use raw materials that it stored during the day than it is to absorb raw materials through its roots.

# Although the plant IS capable of "doing it all" with the lights on, (Collect, store and use energy & raw materials) it does a better job of actually doing the work (using the energy and raw material) while the lights are out. During the dark however, it relies solely on its limited supply of stored energy and stored raw material.

One last thing to remember is the fact that a plant will always strive to maintain a balance between the size of its roots and the size of its canopy (Leaf mass.) The roots must be big enough to supply as much raw materials as the canopy can use, and the canopy must be big enough to provide the energy required to store those raw materials....

# Trim the roots on a healthy plant, and canopy growth will slow to a crawl until the roots have grown big enough to again support the canopy.

# Trim the TOP of a healthy plant, and root growth will slow similarly, until the canopy has grown big enough to again support the roots.

# If the plant is already in balance, the canopy and the roots will grow at the same rate.

If you actually measured them several times daily over several days, you'd notice that they actually DO get bigger at night, but roots and canopy at the same rate, unless either has been trimmed, and as long as the "batteries" hold out.

Yes, it is a very debated subject

Yeah i can understand what its sayin. But my only question is should i flip over to like a 20/4 or even maybe an 18/6 my oldest is 5 weeks and the youngest is 4 weeks they seem to be doin fine i just hate to switch up thier schedule and somethin go wrong. But if nothin will go wrong and it will help boost it ill do it but at the same time if im ok for the time being then ill leave em sit just cause theyre doin fine and i plan on veggin for like another 2 weeks or so.

Incase no one seen it on the Deep Water Culture forum thats subscribed here my question was.

My buddy in phoenix grows and when i send him pix he tells me i should trim my leaves so the rest can recieve light, but for some reason after i do i kinda feel like i might be shortin myself somehow in the long run. Now i dont know if i am or not but when i see "MOST" (Not all) of everyones plants they look so bushy and i would like to know if i should just stop doin it. Im uploadin just a couple pix now to show ya'll what i got goin and if im ok to just leave her be for a lil.

ok so here goes a little input please

top view
SDC11352.JPG

Side view
SDC11353.JPG

Yeah i can understand what its sayin. But my only question is should i flip over to like a 20/4 or even maybe an 18/6 my oldest is 5 weeks and the youngest is 4 weeks they seem to be doin fine i just hate to switch up thier schedule and somethin go wrong. But if nothin will go wrong and it will help boost it ill do it but at the same time if im ok for the time being then ill leave em sit just cause theyre doin fine and i plan on veggin for like another 2 weeks or so.

Honestly, I would do this grow with the 24/0 schedule you have. Don't mess with it, if it's working, right?

On the next go round, Grow #2 you could setup a timer to try 18/6.

Then just go with the one you like best. To me, growth is about the same, but you save a couple bucks on electricity!

Incase no one seen it on the Deep Water Culture forum thats subscribed here my question was.

My buddy in phoenix grows and when i send him pix he tells me i should trim my leaves so the rest can recieve light, but for some reason after i do i kinda feel like i might be shortin myself somehow in the long run. Now i dont know if i am or not but when i see "MOST" (Not all) of everyones plants they look so bushy and i would like to know if i should just stop doin it. Im uploadin just a couple pix now to show ya'll what i got goin and if im ok to just leave her be for a lil.

Never cut healthy leaves, ever. The only time I remove a leaf, is after it has fallen off and is laying on the reservoir lid. That is it (or mold/fungus issues, but that's another topic).

Now, your buddy is right in saying those large leaves block some light, but they are the motor that makes the plant grow. To cut them off, is like taking a cylinder out of your v-8. Still runs, but not as efficiently. So, instead of cutting them, I suggest tying them back. I bend and fold my leaves all over the place. You want them to still get light, but don't want them blocking much of the plant. This is what Mostly Crazy calls "bondage" lol! We tie them up, pin them back, and fold the leaves over but do not cut/tear/hurt the leaf. Be gentle. Don't force it. Should gently bend out of the way. You can also tie some branches and start training them to grow out, more then up. This will also open up the canopy. Look into "LST" (Low Stress Training)

And since the topic of pics came up... might want to try and not get any tattoo markings in the pics. I know, being paranoid, but just thought I'd say it.

ok so here goes a little input please

They look decent.

Do they have a nice fan blowing over them?

What strength nutes are they on?

Have you done any topping/fimming ?

keep it up man :welldone:

yeah there is a fan blowin on em i am now puttin in full strength after takin my water pump out rite now as we speak they gettin an air bath. I have not topped or fimmed i guess im just nervous.

It's ok man! you do not need to top/fim or anything, it's just another way. Plenty of people grow it as is! It's the way it wants to grow.

Sounds good! Fan is great. Will help strengthen those stems, and help prevent any mildew.

thx man so i should get a decent yield even without toppin or fim it huh. Now just a curious question how long do you usually veg for before flowerin.

I decided to just let mine grow naturally also. The canopy isn't perfect but it's adequate, and I could always bend the tops over, tying them or weighing them down with something to improve it. I'm not even pruning...just removing dead or very yellow leaves. All info I've read says veg 3 or 4 weeks, but I've only just heard a reason: you can wait to see the preflowers form before you switch to flower, and you can sex them before ever letting male parts grow, plus the plants won't flower sooner than that anyway (unless they're clones)

yeah well mine are 4 and 5 weeks i was goin veg about another week and a half to two weeks i think by then they should be deffinately ready im mainly doin to make sure the baby can catch up a lil more

I decided to just let mine grow naturally also. The canopy isn't perfect but it's adequate, and I could always bend the tops over, tying them or weighing them down with something to improve it. I'm not even pruning...just removing dead or very yellow leaves. All info I've read says veg 3 or 4 weeks, but I've only just heard a reason: you can wait to see the preflowers form before you switch to flower, and you can sex them before ever letting male parts grow, plus the plants won't flower sooner than that anyway (unless they're clones)

You got it! Nothing wrong with letting them do their thing. Get comnfortable growing the plant, then we can worry about canopy management.

3 or 4 weeks from seed might not be long enough, but veg time all comes down to height limitations, and what you want. There is NO right or wrong here.

That last little bit of info was pulled from jorge Cervantes Horticulture Bible, huh? Solid info and spot on.

Cannabis plants do begin showing signs of pre-flowers once they have reached sexual maturity. Problem is, most people cannot tell what a pre-flower looks like. It's not as easy as you might think.

Another great way to tell when they have reached maturity, is branching pattern. This ONLY applies to plants grown from seed... when the plant is young, it will have parallel branching. Same internode will have two leaves coming off it. Once they are old enough, the branching will start to "stagger".

Example pic:
Early parallel plant on left, later staggered plant on right.

-!- Then -!_
-!- _!-
-!- -!_

Hopefully those nifty computer drawings help explain what I mean. I tried finding a good pic of mine, but nothing really showed it.

yeah well mine are 4 and 5 weeks i was goin veg about another week and a half to two weeks i think by then they should be deffinately ready im mainly doin to make sure the baby can catch up a lil more

Keep in mind, there is no right or wrong. You can veg for months, or you can skip veg period all together. People do grow 12/12 from seed.

Veg period helps determine yield. More veg time makes for a larger plant, larger roots, thicker branches, etc. This in turns allows it to create and support more bud then a smaller plant.

In general, most strains will "stretch" and double their height when turned to 12/12. Some stretch much less, some even more. This depends on strain. But, that plant will grow some when you first start 12/12. Many people just can't grow giant plants indoors. So they veg for 4-5 weeks or so. Space helps determine how big of plants, as does the grow room setup (lights, medium, etc)

I'll attach a previous grow pic of mine. Nothing fancy. It's only two plants in the one tub

Black_Domina_Nov_13th_1.jpg

Black_Domina_Sept_16_2_1.jpg

Hope that helps.

Nicely put RP so when my plants reach 6 and 7 weeks veg and then i flower i should get a decent yield huh im not expectin a QP per plant but i would like to get about 2 oz's a piece you think it is possible i wont quote ya on anything just want to know if its possible from what it looks like ill update tomorrow cause they have shot up a bit in a days worth.

You got it! Nothing wrong with letting them do their thing. Get comnfortable growing the plant, then we can worry about canopy management.

3 or 4 weeks from seed might not be long enough, but veg time all comes down to height limitations, and what you want. There is NO right or wrong here.

That last little bit of info was pulled from jorge Cervantes Horticulture Bible, huh? Solid info and spot on.

Cannabis plants do begin showing signs of pre-flowers once they have reached sexual maturity. Problem is, most people cannot tell what a pre-flower looks like. It's not as easy as you might think.

Another great way to tell when they have reached maturity, is branching pattern. This ONLY applies to plants grown from seed... when the plant is young, it will have parallel branching. Same internode will have two leaves coming off it. Once they are old enough, the branching will start to "stagger".

Example pic:
Early parallel plant on left, later staggered plant on right.

-!- Then -!_
-!- _!-
-!- -!_

Hopefully those nifty computer drawings help explain what I mean. I tried finding a good pic of mine, but nothing really showed it.

Keep in mind, there is no right or wrong. You can veg for months, or you can skip veg period all together. People do grow 12/12 from seed.

Veg period helps determine yield. More veg time makes for a larger plant, larger roots, thicker branches, etc. This in turns allows it to create and support more bud then a smaller plant.

In general, most strains will "stretch" and double their height when turned to 12/12. Some stretch much less, some even more. This depends on strain. But, that plant will grow some when you first start 12/12. Many people just can't grow giant plants indoors. So they veg for 4-5 weeks or so. Space helps determine how big of plants, as does the grow room setup (lights, medium, etc)

I'll attach a previous grow pic of mine. Nothing fancy. It's only two plants in the one tub

Black_Domina_Nov_13th_1.jpg

Black_Domina_Sept_16_2_1.jpg

Hope that helps.

yeah Jorge's bible alright. nice catch.

Nicely put RP so when my plants reach 6 and 7 weeks veg and then i flower i should get a decent yield huh im not expectin a QP per plant but i would like to get about 2 oz's a piece you think it is possible i wont quote ya on anything just want to know if its possible from what it looks like ill update tomorrow cause they have shot up a bit in a days worth.

If you have the space, and the lights, then extra veg time will definitely benefit you. 2 oz a plant is a decent, modest goal. Not too much, not too small. 2 oz per plant would be a nice pull, for sure.

yeah Jorge's bible alright. nice catch.

I have two copies myself. One with notes and tabs on about every page. Another "clean" version for casual reading or lending out. Quality book.

Yeah thats what im pullin for and i have the space and i got extra lights if need be. Just hopin i can be happy but i think even if i got an oz a piece i might would be happy just cause its my first grow.

If you have the space, and the lights, then extra veg time will definitely benefit you. 2 oz a plant is a decent, modest goal. Not too much, not too small. 2 oz per plant would be a nice pull, for sure.

I have two copies myself. One with notes and tabs on about every page. Another "clean" version for casual reading or lending out. Quality book.

I found a book at Barns 'N Nobel that I randomly bought, just because it struck me as awesome to find it there, and also it seemed beneficial, but it's "Marijuana Garden Saver". good for neglect, disease & pest issues. I also found & purchased "Cannibas Cultivator" which is no where near as good as Jorge's marijuana horticulture.

Ok guys ill be uploadin some pix a lil bit later but first time for an update. On wed i took my water pump out and went up to full strength nutes. I have noticed since then my water temp stays bout 64. Also yesterday i had started 20/4 lighting schedule im going to go head and run it like that for the next week and a half then im goin to throw em into flowerin. My question is when i switch over to flower mode do i start the flower nutes like i did for the veg nutes 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, then full strength or can i start out a lil heavier cause of the size. At this point my baby is 7.5 inches and miss spoiled is 11.5 inches. Also do i flush with just water for a while before i switch to flower or do i flush for a while when i switch to flower or do i run nutes till i flower and start nutes as soon as i start flowerin. Bout to take pix now and upload might take a min but check back in couple hours.

ok guys just a couple pix just to give you an idea on what they look like

Back
Top Bottom