First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

i just weighed the special kush, and i got 34.5 grams, so just over an oz, im so amazed how solid the buds are the nl x bb was nice light buds that was easy to pull apart, the kush feels like a rock, its solid, im just curring it now its dried, so ill test it after its cured for a while, im still loving the nl x bb at the moment, its a great smoke, im hoping the kush will be better but ill soon find out, i got a piece out of the jar and going to roll myself a fat one in a few minutes and have a smoke and watch some tv

thanks you NLnovice, i honestly thought the kush would give me a much smaller yield, but it seems the buds are solid and after i put it in the tub to weight it i noticed it did look more than the nl x bb, so i have got enough meds to keep me going between grows now, i dont smoke much so it will last a while, plus the longer it cures for the better its going to get,

thanks for all the kind words,
the dry weight of the nl x bb was 1oz 1/4g dry,
the kush is more or less dry now and im getting 34g plus about 1/4oz which i dried a bit quicker, i had a joint last night of the kush and it sent me to sleep, it seems after it dried slowly and is now curring its a lot better smoke, i had my doubts at first but its the best smoke out of the 2, the buds are so solid, cant wait till it cures and ages a bit, im sure it can only get better and better.

@JBC420, i hear you mate, i would of stuck with the cfls but i was using 400 watts with cfls and only getting half as many lumins, so now i got 55,000 lumins from my dual spec hps, and trust me you are right, cfls really do work, they got my plants well into flower before i switched to hps and i have seen many grows using cfls and all got great results, im still using cfls in my smaller veg room to keep my seeds and clones ticking over while the hps finishes the flower stage.

2ltr dwc hempie must be getting close to finishing now, the hairs are starting to turn orange, so today i think will be the last bpn feed and after that ill just be giving it water on its own, cant wait to weight the results, when i hold the stem at the base and move it slightly it really feels top heavy, its going to be one big nice bud thats for sure, ill try and put some pics up,

I have got something very strange happening to my biggest clone, i have not come across this and never seen any pics so ill try to take one and see if i can get it on here as it takes ages using my phone as dongle so bare with me. any way here is what i found.

I just went to the grow room to move plants around and turn them so they get even light, so at the back of the room under the light are the 2ltr hempie in flower and my 2 autos also in flower, then at the front i have got the 3gallon pot with the biggest clone in it the nl x bb, then in smaller pots sitting on the top of the soil in the 3gallon pot i have my delicious fruity chronic juice and a kush clone and also another nl x bb clone, these are all in small pots.

anyway i moved them all around and had a good look at my biggest clone cuz its 3 times the size of the other clones its age and taken from same part of the plant, and i mean it is growing like nothing i have ever seen, easily an inch a day and it has only small growth at the nodes so its got long to go, anyway this clone was taken in flower and i had to re-veg it, so its done and now its going back into veg mode, how ever its new leaf growth is single leaf or if it has 3 fan leaves then 2 are normal but the 3rd is curled up like a snail, ive got branches growing everywhere off the stem, not even branches but all over the place so its going to have many branches, but thats not the problem im going on about, im thinking the above is down to the stress of forcing it back to veg so the leaf and branch growth is expected as its monster cropping or so i read thats whats happening,

here is the strange bit, it has 3 sets of big fan leaves, 1 set at top, 1 at bottom and 1 in the middle, inbetween these i have the nodes and new branches growing, so i just went to move the middle set of fan leaves out the way to let light in, so i pulled them back and i noticed a lump on the stem of the leaf, i looked closer and it was a sort of bud that the pistil grows out of it was a small bump with 2 hairs coming out of it just like it does with a pistil, i thought it was weird, then i looked at the other fan leaf opposite this one and it has got 3 lumps in a line on the stem of the leaf, these are small buds with pistils coming out of them, just 1 single pointy bumb with pistils coming out of it, on the 1 leaf i have 1, on the other i have 3 all in a line looking like mountains on the leaf, so my questions is this, what are they and is it normal, now it gets even stranger, the one i think looks like it has something growing out of it where the pistils are, is this going to be a new leaf or what, it seems very strange that i have got potential buds on the leaves, has anyone else seen this before

ive been playing a good on line game the last few weeks, its been on tv its called grepolis, its like a conquering game where you mine for resources and build your village up and train men and you sort of play god and choose what to upgrade and who to attack, you can either play as a single person or join an alliance, i am in an alliance and a top ranked member in that alliance, so if anyone is interested in playing this sort of game, its not a fast paced game and you dont need to constantly be on their, but if you are interested in this then let me know and ill send you a link to the part of the world i am in and join the alliance and come and conquer all,

Hey dp, you should be able to find pics and info about the issue your having above (not an issue though). You will get single blade leaves, 3 blades etc and weird looking growth but it will come around and just wait its gonna be a monster...
Hence monster cropped :) great job with the harvest!

thanks tesmp, i got the biggest clone going crazy, its bigger than the plants that i vegd for 7 weeks, so thinking its going to be a nice plant,

below is my 2ltr hempie, its drinking a full res of liquid a day, the hairs have been turning orange over the last few days so i am giving it just water now with no nutes as i think it has about 10days left, if its any longer or after a couple of days it dont look like its finishing then ill give it a nute feed then back on water, im hoping these pictures work, been having problems with getting on the site, saying its to busy or site might be down for maintenance, so if they work they work if they dont then ill try again later
PICT2082.JPG

PICT2081.JPG

it reminds me of a trophy, this plant i did 12-12 from seed, i put it into a 2ltr pop bottle turned upside down, then its placed inside another bottle so i have a res of liquid, in the top i have the plant in soil, then this sits in another pop bottle with the lid cut off, this bottle is then full of nutrient mixture, then the top bit sits in this liquid and the roots then grow down into the solution, so i have roots in the soil and i have roots hanging down into the res, the roots are crazy pretty much fills the bottom of the bottle, and drinks a whole res which holds over 1 pint of fluid, it drinks this every day, the plant was a free seed i got, a seed bank ships out a pack of 10 seeds every few months on a first come first serve basis, anyway i got picked and got 10 x ak47 cross uk cherry cheese, so im thinking the massive growth is from the ak47, not sure what uk cherry cheese is, but i think just by looking at it that its going to give me more than my other 2 plants

Wow nice plant dp looks awesome!! Your going to be surprised at how much it weighs. You need to get a scope man, mine was $11. You don't want to go off the hairs. On my giesel at 40 days tons of hairs were orange but it went 63 days. The PK went 60 days but still had some white hairs, both times the thrichomes were where I wanted them though. One other thing I might add would be to continue nutes until 3-4 days before your going to harvest. With hydro you can flush quite a bit quicker then with soil. I would just run 2-4 liters of water through it and then fill the res with only water the last four days.

@teSmp, thanks mate, ill keep using the nutes, i have got a small microscope and looked at the trichs, not all are cloudy so it has got a while to go, so looks like its going to get bigger and bigger, and the plant feels really heavy, when i hold the stem and give it a gentle wiggle it feels so top heavy it is giving me more than my plants i vegd, i recon it might even give me double what i got off my normal plants, if thats the case then i think doing 12-12 from seed on a hempie works pretty good, im so amazed with the results, cant wait to check the weight, if i get a good yield off that then would i get more if i did a 12-12 from seed in say a 3gallon pot, would i get more, or am i getting more off this as the buds are mainly on the stem,

Back
Top Bottom