First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

greenhouse seeds auto bomb is now in flower and is starting to form buds, ill put some pics up tomorrow for you all to see,

any ideas on the hempy people, is it done or has it gone more to go, i done see any clear trichs at all, possibly the odd one under a leaf is clear but everything on the buds and tops of leaves is cloudy/milky, im not getting much orange trichs though, if any, all cloudy, im ok to leave it longer i need to flush it so that will be done over the next few days, the buds have stopped putting on weight as far as i can tell, the bigger fan leaves are starting to yellow, so is this hempie nearly done, to me it looks like its nearly done, i want to see a few orange trichs though before i harvest so i know i have left it as long as it needs and the plant is at the end of its flower stage, but this should happen soon i think as all are cloudy now, what do you think, ill try and take some pics using the microscope and let you decide

from the sounds of it yea its done....and by the way man that hempie looks gorgeous! I hope my regular hempies get half that thick LOL....curious is it dense? or more fluffy? I know mine are like little rocks right now LOL....im wondering if there might be something to making feminized seeds and just doing hempies from seed......

thanks bigpappa, the buds on it are solid, so dense, on the nl x bb the buds where squashy but the buds on this are solid, ive not seen anything like it, and 12-12 from seed as well, i think if you had to buy the fem seeds then it would cost a bit if you had to do say more than 10, but if you could make your own fem seeds then i think this is the way to go, it cut down the turn around time as it had no veg, strait under 12-12 from seed and it ended up like that, im so amazed at how it turned out with no veg time at all, i know it was vegging while it waited to be mature enough to show sex, i wasnt using fem seeds so i had 2 hempies and the one was male, but what im going to do now is say do 2 hempies with my other plants, i think its a good way to try new strains due to the fact it flowers quicker so no long veg before you can sample the goods and you can still take clones from the hempie so it dont have the side branches, i left the lower side branches on mine but did take 2 clones early on and they are in veg at the moment,

so im so chuffed with how its turned out, im chuffed at the results, im going to give it fresh water for the next few days and keep checking the trichs as i found hardly any clear trichs, pretty much everything is cloudy and i see no orange trichs yet so its not gone to far, but the problem i have got is its not covered in orange hairs it has say between 50 and 75% depending on where you look, does this mean its not ready or should i go strictly on the trichs, they are all cloudy now, id say getting on 100%, but i see no orange ones, im hoping over the next few days ill see the orange ones so ill know its ready then, so from tomorrow it will be given just water, i dont want to risk getting pm issues,

Oh! You finally asked a question that I know the answer to! Lol

Your bottle of yeast will be good for a long time, just keep adding sugar to it when you feel it's slowing down, and it's alive so it'll continue to grow and feed your plants co2 goodness

all cloudy trics...i would pull...if the effect is not down enough for you the next time this strain can stand more amber...the strain you are growing i think are sativas...if so all cloudy is when i would pull...

Agreed, but it depends what you're looking for. You've read it already I'm sure DP, more amber trichs, more down. Hairs don't mean shit.

thanks for all the advice, i filled the res with plain water and poured plain water through the top to flush the soil out, ill do this for a couple of days then pull it, by then it should have a few amber trichs, i noticed today the pistils are turning orange and shrinking so it must be nearly done, the bottom fan leaves look like they are dying now, gone dry and crispy, so i think its pretty much done, ill leave the co2 running for as it was still bubbling away today when i checked, so that should help the auto's finish off, the g13 is pretty much done also so flushing that as well, nearly all the pistils are orange, the trichs on it seem a lot smaller and closer together and it smells tangy so cant wait to try it,

quick update, im glad my hempie is nearly finished i think the hotter day temps are taking its toll on the roots in the res, i think the res has been getting a bit to warm over the last couple of days, cuz today i changed the res and filled with just water, then i let it stand for a bit then emptied it again and then filled it up from the top where the compost is and let it all run down into the res so i know its getting a good flush. but i noticed the roots felt a bit slimey, i didnt see anything like root rot but the roots at the very bottom had some slime on them, so thinking this is the start of problems and good job its right at the end of flowering, so chances are ill be harvesting it some time tomorrow, i have flushed it a couple of times today and left plain water in the res, ill give it another flush in the morning but leave the res empty then ill harvest it later on in the day, im hoping it has not got any pm, im a bit concerned now i seen the roots like that, they looked as normal a sort of off white colour but when i touched the bottom of the roots they felt slimey, but they could of been like this all the time as i never touched them.

i checked all trichs and its 100% cloudy all over the plant, the pistils are about 65% orange, i dont think i can leave it any longer, if im getting issues with the roots due to the temps then chances are im risking pm issues, all been well the plant has finished before any damage is caused, im not getting any orange trichs though no matter where i look, i mean i can see the odd one but only if i have a good look all over the plant,

i checked all trichs and its 100% cloudy all over the plant, the pistils are about 65% orange, i dont think i can leave it any longer, if im getting issues with the roots due to the temps then chances are im risking pm issues, all been well the plant has finished before any damage is caused, im not getting any orange trichs though no matter where i look, i mean i can see the odd one but only if i have a good look all over the plant,

Don't worry about the pistils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol, sorry but so many people have said that and they're giving good advice. They don't mean anything at all. My PK plant was nearly all white pistils on the top of the bud but I had some amber trichs... Guess what happened after two days of drying? All of the pistils turned orange and retracted towards the bud lol :) Anyways I don't know the percentages on the strains your growing but I would just pull it with all cloudy trichs.. If they're sativa dom or even some indicas, many just don't turn amber. Peak is typically when all of them are cloudy but you can let them go amber if you prefer to get the couch lock feeling.

thanks teSmp, i didnt want to think i was rushing it, but as you have said the pistils can sometimes not change as much and all turn brown it puts my mind at rest.

@ canukgal, hows you,
i checked my hempie early this morning and noticed more slim on the roots so i cut away the slim and flushed the pot a couple of times then let it drain, then this afternoon i had a look with microscope and found many sweet leaf with amber trichs so it clearly was ready, anyway i have harvested and i am so shocked at what i got, ill post some pics and you can see for yourself, im amazed that i got that much off a plant that went 12-12 from seed, clearly a dwc is good for these plants

for some reason i keep getting errors when uploading a pic, its cuz my blue tooth connection with my fone is slow cuz im using it as a modem

i cut all the sweet lead off it and the leaves and left just the bud, i left the plant in the hempie and tooks pics of the plant with all the leaves taken off and it looks amazing, ill put some pics up in morning ill try again then, anyway the biggest bud the main one is about as round as a can of pop, and about 30cm long, ill weight it all tomorrow, it looks huge, all one big bud as well, so now its drying, even the 4 side branches gave me huge buds, ive probably got more off this than i did with both my other plants put together, its so heavy, the bud is so dense and rock hard, its going to be the best smoke for sure, it didnt smell much but as soon as i started cutting the leaves off and moving the buds around it made my whole flat stink, it some stinky weed, anyway its all drying not, the daytime temps have dropped so im going to out a small heater in the drying cupboard to stop the damp getting in, hoping the weather gets better the next day or 2 then the heater wont be needed, im not fast drying any of it so ill wait till its curred and dry, it has many amber trichs on it today, the buds are so fat as well, its going to be 1 nice bud when its dry,

@teSmp, thanks for the hempie idea mate, its worked totally amazing, plus its 12-12 from seed, im going to soak some more seeds and have some more hempies with this grow, so ill see what seeds i got and use fem seeds and do another 2 hempies and let them veg under glr till the clones are ready then they will go 12-12 so im hoping ill get more yield with some veg time, plus it gives me the quickest way to try a strain i can go 12-12 from seed and still take 2 or 3 clones from it before it flowers, so thats what im planning on doing, is grow some hempies along side my other plants and when i found a strain i like then ill use the clone and veg a bigger plant

now these pictures might work or they might not
ok, i think it will let me put these 3 up, their not the best so ill put better ones up tomorrow, this is the plant after all the leaves and sweet leaves have been removed, the plant is still in the hempie at this point as if it was still growing, but it wasnt long before it got chopped
PICT2084.JPG

PICT2083.JPG

this pic below is looking down from the top of the plant, so that is the top of the main bud
PICT2085.JPG

some more randoms
overlay-round.gif

overlay-round.gif

Hmmm.. Thats interesting article Kushwestcoast*... I grow in soil, well a mix of potting mix, sand, pea straw mulch and a little cal mag. I always have good growth. My last girl, i used Seaweed xtract and it was like my roots ate the soil!! just a mass of inter connecting roots all white and healthy it was 25 litre pot and 5 ft plant. Yielded 8 oz of nice tops under a 400w hps/mh.. Im going to 600w Sontagro globe nxt.. Im hoping to have a larger yield with few tips ive picked up. If my root structure is in direct relation to my overall possible yield my next is setup will hopefuly be superior. I do like to have a dark period during veg, as i like to kinda mimic the sun, my light moves left to right and up and down so i move it around every few hours, and plants grow in the dark and produce hormones so i believe after few weeks of sprouting give it sum dark time, it also extends ur equipments life.. Good luk and Happy Harversting;)

Back
Top Bottom