First Ever DWC PC Grow Journal

Everything sounds good! Its ok if the solution touches the net pot a little. I usually make it to where the waterline is just below the pot and the surface bubbles touch it. When she starts to drink alot this will help with how much you have to add to the res. 65f is a good number to shoot for but I dont think you will be able to achieve it without some sort of cooling. Right at 75f is when things start to go bad. Good luck my friend and may the bud gods be in your favor:)

Everything sounds good! Its ok if the solution touches the net pot a little. I usually make it to where the waterline is just below the pot and the surface bubbles touch it. When she starts to drink alot this will help with how much you have to add to the res. 65f is a good number to shoot for but I dont think you will be able to achieve it without some sort of cooling. Right at 75f is when things start to go bad. Good luck my friend and may the bud gods be in your favor:)

rdooski,

I thinnk shes wilting, why?? is this shock? from the transplanting it? Could there be too much water? The temps off?
photo373.JPG

Also i didnt water from the top after transplant. Should I? does the Rockwell cube need to be soaked in water?

My guess its shock. How did it come from dirt and now its in a rockwool cube? Did you rinse the dirt from the roots and then put them into the cube? When using them you do need to soak them, preferably with distilled water. But how you have it now you should top feed it one good time to get everything wet, especially if your water line is a inch or so below the net pot. Also I would definitely bring the lights down if you can.

doing a top feed now. Could it also be water temp to low. I have a ice pack in the freezer i could put the bucket on. What if the water level gets to high after top feed? do i let some out? When i went to the club to pick her up, i was told the plant came from soil. So i have transplanted it into Hydro. Could it be to wet at the bottom?

When doing the top feed just use the solution from the res if you can. Its probably not the res temp being to low. When you picked it up was it in soil, just a plant with roots dangling, or was it in a rockwool cube?

Also I turned the lights off and have i times to go back on at 6 in the morning. Is that ok when plant is droopy or should it be on 24 hours

Hey Guys,

So she slept last night after a hard transplant and she stood back up!(Pic Below) New question. Ive heard im supposed to check PH Levels ever morning and every night? Can someone confirm this?? Thanks!!! Also when should i give her, her next set of nutes. I went half strength from transplant and started her at week 2 which is also practically week 1. Should I just say its week one of the feeding schedule even though shes 2 weeks old? Let me know guys! Also should i snip all her leaves at the top?? Just a thought

photo_copy5.JPG

i would not snip the leaves at top myself, they may yellow some while it is rooting but that is normal.

King john,

Thanks for the reply and info. I shortened two of the leaves the top looks so pretty i didnt want to touch it but if you think thats something i should do all the better! So when im measuring my P.H. Levels im using the normal GH Ph Up Down System. Obviously i test the the water a couple times tell i get it right. The question i have is, I dump the excess when trying to figure out levels in a cup. Can i use that water again and poor it into the res. Or will that hurt the plant? I havent put it back in yet just wondering for PH levels tonight. Also levels look pretty solid 74 Degrees with air flowing nicely. Im purchasing a Temp meter today from the pet store today to make sure levels are good

Thanks,
MJ

photo_copy_33.JPG
photo_copy_25.JPG

if you are adding pH down to the water it would be alright to pour it back in. if you are adding ph test drops to the water i would not pour it back in.

Thanks! I decided against reusing nutes after first ph check. Still waiting for my tri meter to come in. Anyways she's sleep right now. Tomorrow pics to come and ph levels in the a.m. And at night. Later guys!

Morning guys,

Just did PH Level Check had to do PH Down, the solution inside res is getting clearer, Next week im going full strength on nutes. I put them in friday so im going to do it again this friday night, as that would be weeks cycle. Below are updated pics of her. The Hydronton at the bottom seems soaked but its not in the actual solution. In fact i think theres roughly a inch between solution and hydroton. Is this normal in DWC? also could this be bad for growth. It looks like the top of it has something sprouting out. I cant wait for her to start gaining size, any thoughts on when this occurs, and when ill start to notice a huge difference? One more thing the plant has no roots coming out of net pot is this normal? I know I just transplanted Friday night but just wondering. Thanks again!
photo_copy6.JPG

Back
Top Bottom