First Ever Grow!

Using a jewlers loops is only 1 part of checking my buds are ready for the chop.

A ripe marijuana plant will be filled in, will have an amber tinge to the buds. The pistils should have browned (or orange-d) off and receded into the buds. The seed bracts should be swollen and the trichomes should be sticking straight out with bulbous ends. Also, because you're coming close to the end of plant's life cycle, the leaves should have yellowed off and started to die.

how long u think itl wil be judging by this pic GodSpeed
DSCF5721.JPG

Its hard to tell being in 7th week i wouldnt be concidering chopping next week, you still have alot of white pistils there and calyx are not looking massivly swolen. i would give her another week then start to think about flushing,let your ladies use up some of that stored energy in her leaves and re-evaluate then. There is nothing worse then chopping earlie and can waste all your hard work, Chopping early can reduce your yeild dramaticly and thc wont be to full potential, be patient, let her fatten up and let the girls diminish some of her chlorophyll.

If she was mine id estimate 2-3 weeks.

yea estimated flowering was 9 weeks, so it should have been ready for harvest on xmas eve, im thainking of leaving them another week before feeding then chop on hogmany, if they look ready to be chopped that is

:Namaste:

your being modest taylormade they look like some nice nuggets you got ther!

how many days into flower are you now? and is that tall one not too close to the light?

only got 2 or 3 weeks left bud, the light sits below tho top of the tallest cola but ive got 2 30w cfl on either side of the top cola on that one so its getting plenty of light

Using a jewlers loops is only 1 part of checking my buds are ready for the chop.

A ripe marijuana plant will be filled in, will have an amber tinge to the buds. The pistils should have browned (or orange-d) off and receded into the buds. The seed bracts should be swollen and the trichomes should be sticking straight out with bulbous ends. Also, because you're coming close to the end of plant's life cycle, the leaves should have yellowed off and started to die.

Filled in...amber tinge...receding pistils...swollen bracts..straight trichomes...all right on...but...you can have all these and still not have enough amber chomes and pull too early...but if you keep checking chomes when they have enough amber heads...everything GS mentioned will be in place...just Miwa of doing it...than there is your way and their way...:slide::headbanger:

Cheers bro,im looking for some cash so i can buy a cheap microscope. Hopefully get it by the end of next week. Dont see the point in having to guess lol

Cheers for all the advice guys.

:peace:

Amber heads are a sign of THC degrading, once your heads reach 100% cloudy that is FULL strength THC at its best, sativas are genrally harvested at that point alowing no amber heads to appear and indicas are genrally left a little longer to give you that real couch lock feeling. Its all down to personal prefrence tbh picking when to harvet your ladies, my scopes only count for 20% of my choice to cut my ladies down, 30% overall visualisation and 50% sample.

dude im telling you, bomb ass grow!
where you been buddy? you dont seem to be around much
ill tell you what though, not being around pays off with a bang when you do update, that shit looks mouthwatering! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom