First grow 18 days

ok, that explains it. When you feed bottled nutes, you must start very low. I great rule of thumb is, PAR = Nute PPM.
So, if your plants are getting say 350 PAR, then Your target for nutes should be 350 PPM PER WEEK.....

Now, plant age is also PAR specific, JMO. ( just my opinion ) Giving it more light then it can process, is a waste. You dont feed babies a whole chicken, and you shouldnt feed small plants a giant plate of food either.

By staying with the above information, you will never over feed, OR over light your plants. Hope that makes sense. LED lights can be decieving, so get a LUX meter. Alot of growers are using more electric then they need to be, ..
This doesn't make sense to me since light companies give yield stats in grams per watt per square meter. The more watts = more weight is the way I understand it. I do know that a lux meter should read 50,000 - 70,000 lux at the canopy at different stages of the plants life. I'm unaware of a watts into lux conversion though.

This doesn't make sense to me since light companies give yield stats in grams per watt per square meter. The more watts = more weight is the way I understand it. I do know that a lux meter should read 50,000 - 70,000 lux at the canopy at different stages of the plants life. I'm unaware of a watts into lux conversion though.
yield stats? lol does the light company also teach you to be a great grower to hit those said stats? just because a SALES PITCH says it will grow a certain amount per watts doesnt mean its true. Breeders of seeds also tells you X amount is POSSIBLE, doesnt mean you will hit those numbers.

Sure, watts equals yield, if EVERYTHING is dialed in correctly, 1/2 a gram to 1 gram per watt is the range growers like to aim for. BUT everything has to be right. 2 grams per watt, You a ballers grower, lol.. The lighting, the feed SCHEADULE, the temp, the humidity, watts per square foot.

Grower talent will let you know your harvest weight bro, not the light, not the nutes, not the seeds, not the PH of water, Not the LUX, watts, Air temp. All those other things, makes it POSSIBLE, but not definite.

and no, watts into lux isnt a conversion. Lux is a measurement of light intensity. and 70,000 lux at canopy is to much light, even for week 8 of flower.

yield stats? lol does the light company also teach you to be a great grower to hit those said stats? just because a SALES PITCH says it will grow a certain amount per watts doesnt mean its true. Breeders of seeds also tells you X amount is POSSIBLE, doesnt mean you will hit those numbers.

Sure, watts equals yield, if EVERYTHING is dialed in correctly, 1/2 a gram to 1 gram per watt is the range growers like to aim for. BUT everything has to be right. 2 grams per watt, You a ballers grower, lol.. The lighting, the feed SCHEADULE, the temp, the humidity, watts per square foot.

Grower talent will let you know your harvest weight bro, not the light, not the nutes, not the seeds, not the PH of water, Not the LUX, watts, Air temp. All those other things, makes it POSSIBLE, but not definite.

and no, watts into lux isnt a conversion. Lux is a measurement of light intensity. and 70,000 lux at canopy is to much light, even for week 8 of flower.
True to a point.
But give the best grower in the world a 15w incandescent bulb and he/she ain't going to be growing shyt but a little spindly d00b on a stick.
Part of being that good grower is knowing what kind and how much of everything such as light, medium, container size, nutrients, etc.

My tallest buds have been getting 75,000 LUX for the past 5 weeks and doing fine.
Although if my canopy were more even I would probably have them all at about 65,000 LUX which with my particular spectrum would be roughly 1200 PPFD which is about max usable without Co2.

True to a point.
But give the best grower in the world a 15w incandescent bulb and he/she ain't going to be growing shyt but a little spindly d00b on a stick.
Part of being that good grower is knowing what kind and how much of everything such as light, medium, container size, nutrients, etc.

My tallest buds have been getting 75,000 LUX for the past 5 weeks and doing fine.
Although if my canopy were more even I would probably have them all at about 65,000 LUX which with my particular spectrum would be roughly 1200 PPFD which is about max usable without Co2.
absolutely, no doubt man. There are several ingredients to hit said numbers, whether on watts on a light, or gram expectations on seed packs. Yield is based on plant count, Time, Watts, quality is based on grower talent. A veg of 3 weeks wont harvest the same as a 5 week veg, no matter how many watts your using.

PS: Thats a beautiful dam cola to bro. I would imagine your going to chop in 2 stages?

and something else that is of importance, and your hitting it right. Your temps are low, and if you want to pound with PAR, especially at this stage of your grow, keeping the room cool as possible is very important. Hitting them with so much light isnt the big deal, its the keeping trics from burning off with high leaf surface temp.

dont want to hijack this thread Nunya, lol, but great job on your first grow.

Thats a beautiful dam cola to bro. I would imagine your going to chop in 2 stages?
This current grow is looking like probably 3 stages i think.
Yeah I always lower temp once the buds start getting sticky icky to preserve as many terpenes as possible as I start raising the light intensity anything over 900 PPFD.
That way I can also lower humidity and still stay closer to a good VPD.

Hard to believe that first grow was almost 6 years ago.
I've harvested about 18 pounds of bud out of that bathtub since then.
And this grow is looking like another 1 1/2 pounds.

I think U are rocking it so far, those wide fan leaves look like an Indica strain to me. I see U now have some Blueberry Auto's coming up. I am 6 weeks into some of those and Tangerine Dream for my first auto grows and they are FUNNNN, they move very quickly so be prepared for a fun ride!

Tan:Blue 6 Weeks.  4-30-21.JPG

I think U are rocking it so far, those wide fan leaves look like an Indica strain to me. I see U now have some Blueberry Auto's coming up. I am 6 weeks into some of those and Tangerine Dream for my first auto grows and they are FUNNNN, they move very quickly
I think U are rocking it so far, those wide fan leaves look like an Indica strain to me. I see U now have some Blueberry Auto's coming up. I am 6 weeks into some of those and Tangerine Dream for my first auto grows and they are FUNNNN, they move very quickly so be prepared for a fun ride!

Tan:Blue 6 Weeks.  4-30-21.JPG
very nice, what medium are you using? This is my first try and I don’t expect much out of it if anything. Have made a lot of rookie mistakes already. They are random seeds that are probably way harder to maintain. I’m about to just send them into flower just to get rid of them so I can give it another go.

yeah, pretty much.. Flushing does more harm then good,
So what kind of soil you using anyways? What ever you do, just dont add anything else to them but about 150PPM of calmag WEEKLY. So, if you water 2 times a week, then 75PPM a watering. if 1 time a week water, then 150 then. Let them dry out to about 25% before watering again. If you added Nutes already, and the nitrogen level is your doing, then water with a good amount of runoff, but do it half and wait 5 minutes, then add rest of your water.

If its just the soil, ride it out, but it seems pretty bad to be from just soil unless you created it yourself..

Good luck
Won’t calmag add more nitrogen to the soil?

Won’t calmag add more nitrogen to the soil?
Very little. CaliMagic has almost none. This is why its best to just feed calmag till you see other problems, because this usually clears simple things up, or prevents to be better worded.

20 days into flowering some random seeds. This is my first ever grow does it look about right just overall bud development. I know I should have trained and pruned more but time will tell.

733F4B35-7CF3-4E27-A293-3604869904D1.jpeg

155DE683-A113-48B4-949E-51955B1B1B51.jpeg
Looking good @Jmanzo420 !

Little over three weeks flowering, should I expect a lot of growth in the buds or are they still stretching?
Three weeks in and with that much bud on them I would figure you are past stretch. Different strains do different things though so don't quote me on that but yea stretch should be over.
:passitleft:

Three weeks in and with that much bud on them I would figure you are past stretch. Different strains do different things though so don't quote me on that but yea stretch should be over.
:passitleft:
My first grow and I got the seeds from a bag of the most garbage weed I have ever smoked, it was grown outdoors. I have some auto flowers for my second run but the buds actually look really good and have a great smell. Very happy can’t wait to start the gorilla glue and blue dream auto’s

My first grow and I got the seeds from a bag of the most garbage weed I have ever smoked, it was grown outdoors.
Hopefully it was the grower and not the genetics that made it so bad. They look great for a first grow you shouldn't have a problem with the second one.

Back
Top Bottom