First grow, 2 weeks into flower 600W HPS: stretch question

mkono87

Just ending the 2nd week of flower. They have grown a bit, pistils like crazy but no budding yet. The light is sitting at 24" atm. Im asking about stretch because im still trying to figure what to expect as the weeks go on. I still have a bunch of head room. When the ladies start budding do they still stretch up? Now im not wanting them to hit the ceiling of course, but I guess by reading a bunch of documentation im thinking they could be much taller than they are now.

Stretch usually starts around 21 days after flip

How long and high...is strain specific usually

But I've had sativas stretch 2'+ easily

Stretch usually starts around 21 days after flip

How long and high...is strain specific usually

But I've had sativas stretch 2'+ easily
Oh really really? More than 2 weeks is when it really gives it a go? I thought it was within the first few weeks.

My latest stretched at about day 25, for like 10 days

Can see the top colas how tall they got
0124201004.jpg

If your not having problems with the canopy and the light being that close just keep the light where it is buddy.
Even though every grow is different seems like most people state 18" for my kind of light. Few weeks back I had one plant leaves doing the taco effect and raised the light for a while. I now dont think it was caused by the light so im just gauging day by day.

Even though every grow is different seems like most people state 18" for my kind of light. Few weeks back I had one plant leaves doing the taco effect and raised the light for a while. I now dont think it was caused by the light so im just gauging day by day.
If your growing in a 4*4 then 24" is the perfect distance to reach all four corners with limited loss of light, if your having heat problems then that will be down to your airflow and extraction, it took me years to try and control heat once I started improving airflow I was growing perfectly with no heat problems.

Back
Top Bottom