First Grow Advice Welcome

I AM FINALLY starting my first little grow project and might need some help from other experienced growers if that's possible, if anyone who is reading my thread has any questions comments and tips they would like to share with me i would be a happy Ladd and I'd truly appreciate the help i get from others.
Thanks all hope you like my pics cheers 420!

Step 1....

I have put up my Grow tent in my basement it is 4 x 4 x 6 in Diameter size.

420-magazine-mobile1620305971.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2143709777.jpg

Step 2...

I have purchased 2 king plus LED Grow lights @ 600w each I have them at the highest level of my tent.

420-magazine-mobile1585569179.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1092926120.jpg

I am also using a shop light that has 3 long fluorescent cool white bulbs each @ 32watts that I have lowest and close to the sprouted seedlings.

420-magazine-mobile497721225.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1122797836.jpg

Step 3..

Germinated my seeds with the cup of ordinary tap water once seeds split and sunk to bottom of the cup of water I then took them out and used the paper Towel method and a zip log bag waited about 2 days till they sprouted.

420-magazine-mobile1905595166.jpg

Step 4...

Once they sprouted long enough I then planted them all in our famous Dixie Cups we all tend too use I cut holes in the bottom of the cups for draining and then I placed my planted cups into my clone dome for veg cycle to start. PS. I decided to keep my fluorescent light on for 24hours till they have at least sprouted with first nodes.

420-magazine-mobile1852409769.jpg

Step 5..

The seedlings have Sprouted in a day. I gave them about a week to grow bigger than I took off my clone dome so that they can now breath I have turned on my fan for oxygen and to strengthen those stems.

420-magazine-mobile525968904.jpg

420-magazine-mobile770383194.jpg

Step 6...

I have now switched from 24h to 18-6 and have all of my lights going and fan blowing. I do not have the LED lights directly on the sprouts they are up really high at the top of my tent. my shop light is in the middle between my leds. I have lowered the shop light with fluorescent bulbs directly over top of the sprouts about roughly 10-12 inches from top. The leds are about 6 feet up at the top of my tent only giving spectrum around there surrounding they are not directly beaming on the sprouts. I am letting my shop light do all that work and that light covers the top of them from the intense leds being on.

420-magazine-mobile110359138.jpg

420-magazine-mobile642253781.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1434651459.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2118547145.jpg

This is where I am at right now if there are any comments questions tips about my set up please don't be shy and let me know what you think and what I could do better on.

I am not giving them nutrients yet being to young, I am using Black Gold #4 soil I'm basically just watching the temps and watering when needed. Also Its about week 1 going on too week 2.

Thanks everyone hope you can help me out on my first grow cheers all 420 Growers!
Seasons greetings.

Ok hello out there in 420 world I'm back again and I need some answers with a slight leaf deficiency issue I have. Here is a close up pic of my issue and concern with this one seedling, what do you think is causing this issue???

Also it's the only one that has it, the rest are looking great so far! Thanks again!

420-magazine-mobile984916584.jpg

Yours Truly....
Lochness.

420magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

On One of my seedlings . the leaves is crimping and there's slight discolouration on the leaves my OCD is kicking in and it's bugging me any ideas what I can do to fix her ? Thanks ciao! Here's a picture of my poor little girl.
420-magazine-mobile255892486.jpg

With that set up I would build a shelf and do a 2 tier vertical grow with 3 plants on the top shelf with one LED. And 3 on the floor with the other LED. Keep em short n bushy with a scrog.
Maximize that real estate.

Instead of vertical shelf that you mentioned how about a divider splitting the 2 led lights spectrums making it less intense for the time being?

420-magazine-mobile1707066210.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2003786924.jpg

I'd just use the one light. Save the electricity till month 2.

Ok sounds good I'll turn one off then I just figured more light = bigger stronger grow?
Bare with me JimmyJames I'm new to all this.

Thanks again man I'll go turn 1 light off now.

It really doesn't take much to adjust for one unit. Save yourself some money and veg under one unit in the center. Put one unit back in the box for now. Peace!!

It really doesn't take much to adjust for one unit. Save yourself some money and veg under one unit in the center. Put one unit back in the box for now. Peace!!

Or make your life easy and leave them both up but center the plants under one and turn the other off. Save the wear and tear on the light. You'll need it later, no sense wearing it down unnecessarily. That way it's a simple shift under the lights when you're ready to turn the other on in a couple weeks.

Taking a light down and rehanging is a pain. Why make busy work?

'Sall good man.
You got about 2 weeks before the secondary leaves start to pop. One light will do. If the plants start to stretch too much get a couple 5000k LED bulbs. I don't know how much blue frequency light those panels produce. But blue light (~ 490—450 nm) is what plants in veg love. They will seek it out and grow very tall and thin if they can't find it. (fun fact:this is why cannabis grows much taller in Australia- prize goes to the one who can explain why).
Ensuring that you have the proper blue light wavelength will ensure your plants grow shorter and fuller.
If you need advice just PM me if I don't get back to you pronto.
420-magazine-mobile1602283831.jpg

Or make your life easy and leave them both up but center the plants under one and turn the other off. Save the wear and tear on the light. You'll need it later, no sense wearing it down unnecessarily. That way it's a simple shift under the lights when you're ready to turn the other on in a couple weeks.

True ok thanks all I'm stoked about this and being in good hands with some good peeps who know how to grow good healthy plants cheers everyone! You're all awesome! Respect!

That's insane man holy Mary Jane . that's a massive plant good for you man! I'll be asking you for advice more often big thanks . here's what I came up with what do you think ?

420-magazine-mobile130657145.jpg

420-magazine-mobile765998112.jpg

I put a measuring tape against the middle barrier to show the height from seedlings it's at 20 inches maybe higher ?

Or should I just completely turn off my second led light ?

420-magazine-mobile1674758666.jpg

Ps. Not my plant. This is a members plant under COB LED.

Thank you SweetSue. I'm in a situation where random inspections happen and I have to tear everything down. I have everything arranged for emergency tear down inside of 10-20min max. Hence I'm used to it were others are not. Very good point on leaving it be n center under one unit. Peace!!

Thank you SweetSue. I'm in a situation where random inspections happen and I have to tear everything down. I have everything arranged for emergency tear down inside of 10-20min max. Hence I'm used to it were others are not. Very good point on leaving it be n center under one unit. Peace!!

I'm in the same situation, with the added benefit of an emotional challenged BIL living below me who knows I grow because I was in part growing for him. Twice in the past year I've had to tear down with no notice. I can now tear down and pack away a grow in almost record time. Putting it back up gets easier to do every time.

Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. :laughtwo:

Sweet. Will you be using co2 for this Grow?

I will be using these....
420-magazine-mobile763039887.jpg

I'm not quite sure as to when I should pop one of those in my tent ⛺️ I would say early flowering??

Can Anyone Help Me With My First Grow?

How big is the tent? Will 4" be large enough?

I contacted the company and asked them that I am using LED not a HPS so will a 4" be sufficient and work, they said yes.
I have a 4x4x6 tent ⛺

Back
Top Bottom