First Grow - Bag Seed - DIY Grow Box - FFOF with Nutes - Advice Welcome

I know you said you are using well water now so that cool as long as there isnt to much sulfur. The thing about rainwater/snowfall is there is excessive amounts of barium,strontium and cesium in it. This is due to all the chem-trailing going on. This normally wouldnt have anything to do with marijuana but since you were talking about the snow/rain water I figured that entered it into the cannabis

You dont have to watch it all to get the point.

Updated Pics.
Well, looks like the girl is 1 month from starting the germination. She looks good and I have "topped" her and FIMM'ed her (I think FIM'ed is right). She looks like she is pushing growth "out" and thats what I want.

I am still having problems with germination thought. I soaked 4 beans in water til each got a small tail (1/8 inch), then moved each bean over to a Rapid Rooter plug that was saturated with water and SuperThrive. Each bean went to plug on Monday and its now Thursday night and nothing is "poking out". Maybe I am just being impatient. Maybe I should give it a few more days before I start to worry.

Anyway, here are the updated pics of my best girl. Hope you enjoy.
Thanks for stopping by.

==sec0pz
DSC00877a.jpg

DSC00876a.jpg

DSC00875a.jpg

DSC00874a.jpg

DSC00873a.jpg

DSC00872a.jpg

Any and all comments welcome.

Topping is when you cut the head off the plant. Fimming is when you cut 3/4 of the shoot in order to get 2-4 new ones. It looks like you topped. You did it correctly and the new growth looks good. Start clearing some of that undergrowth out of there and you will be all set for now

Lookin good man, As for your un rooting babies Dont use those stupid things lol, Once it has a tail it IS "Germinated" and is likely dying off due to a diffrent reason. Try putting them straight into dirt ( 1-2 inches down is fine) and lastly avoid any additives till they are poking out.

I know those rapid starters come with nutes and stuff in them they also come at a PH of 7 which if you add something you could be shooting the PH up, theres a number of things that can be happening. Just go to the basics put em in dirt with clean water and if you can put a dome over small sprouts and seeds that havnt popped up yet, this will allow the humidity to get really high and babies love that!

Thats my next question just like rockwool cubes those quick rooters you really need to have them in a dome to get the humidity up and also put a vary small amount of water in the bottom so its touching the cubes or w/e but not soaking them. So are you using an enclosed dome for them?

M1DRAGONACE,
Thanks soooo much for the advice. Yes, I do have a dome over them now, but they are still in the Rapid Rooter pucks. I also have the pucks sitting on a heat mats to keep things warm. If nothing pops out by Sat morn (its Fri afternoon now) then I will, very carefully, remove the sprouts from the Rapid Rooters and place them in Fox Farms dirt.
We will see. I will keep you posted.

==sec0pz

Cant wait man, Hope they are not water logged or anything like that. Maybe try some new beans? Its likely that if they havnt come up after 4 days that they may already be dead and since they have no leafes they might not survive even a careful trasplant.

Let me know or maybe take some pics when you try doing that so we can see ;)

As always man have a great day!

Beans Aint cheap! and I only have 5 more left, so I am REALLY tryin to get this germination thing down. I have already killed way too many beans. But I gotta keep tryin.
As long as I got good advice from you and the rest of the nice folk here on 420, then maybe one day I will have it mastered.

==sec0pz

M1DRAGONACE,
After what you told me, I couldnt wait. When I got home, I transplanted the beans into dirt and gave them a nice shot of water. When I cut open the Rapid Rooters, the beans looked like they did the day I put them into the Rapid Rooter pucks.

DSC00880a.jpg

DSC00883a.jpg

DSC00886a.jpg

DSC00887a.jpg

This is one of the two cups I planted the beans in. I dont have much hope that they will come up.

DSC00888a.jpg

I guess I am gonna start germinating some new beans tonight. I only have a few left.

==sec0pz

Well maybe wait a little bit, It looks like you got some survivors but I think the prob may be the wrong nutes!
I did a little bit of research on what looks to be the ones you are using and its no good!

Give them 3-4 days in the dirt you should see some ( "some" loosely because they are severely stunted) growth.

Save ur beans man, maybe give cloning a try eh? you got some bottom growth there you could give that a try. You want to get rid of that small bottom growth anyway.

Let me know what ur plan is, I can give you some of my advice/exp with cloning if needed.

As always hope you and ur girls have a good day!

M1DRAGONACE,
I would really appreciate your advice on cloning. It's the way I want to go anyway, I just didnt think I could start without having a much bigger plant to clip from. I already have a heat pad, and Vita Grow rooting compound. I have also been reading about cloning so maybe its time to start? But I am not sure if I have a female plant yet, as its a bagseed plant. Any help you could would be much appreciated.
==sec0pz

To start with take a branch that is 5-9 inches I then take a razor and make 1 cut at 45 degrees on the stem making more surface space for roots( a perfect diagonal cut if the clone is pointing straight up) I then lightly scrap the skin of the clone about half way up exposing the soft wet membrane of the stalk, dunked in a rooting hormone she is sure to take off I rarely ever lose a clone and the ones I do are usually the smaller shorter branches I took. Keep in a dome with water at the bottom and a heating pad under that.

Make absolutely sure you have water in the bottom of it because you need that humidity to be vary high like 60% range to get fast rooting clones, ( of course its a learning process )

If your using a Powder rooting hormone you want to not only dunk the stem in it sprinkle some in the hole you made for her. ( of course I have the best lick rooting in rockwoolcubes and dirt (rockwool has no nutrients to start with and is at a PH of 7 so be sure when you soak your cubes (should you use them) to soak in water PH'd at around 5.8 you don't have to be dead on. But regular water is likely to spike the PH up of the cubes.

Safest and easiest method is good ol fashion dirt, You'd be amazed that the reason people's plants survive through lots of stress like nute stress or under watering, its because of the dirt. Its an ideal buffer to people still learning. ( of course using the proper kind of mix is important as well)

Good luck with your cloning! I know a lot of people say its hard but I feel if you follow these steps you will have the success I have.

P.S. Strip the clones of all but 2 sets of leafs and it is 100% normal for the first set to yellow out this is the plant eating itself to root basically. ( in other words its a good sign)

The first few hours they may be flopped over and not looking so well just go take a breather and don't worry to much about them because they will come back.

Last piece of advice MIST them as often at every 2-4 hours. this will only be needed for the first 2-6 days depending. ( you want a high humidity)

Finally figured it out!!!
Seems seedlings need humidity! I didnt know.
I knew about germinating and using a drop of SuperThrive in the water. I took the beans from germination to dirt and was not seeing good results. After MUCH MORE reading, I decided to try putting a dome over the cups of dirt after I drop the beans in.
EUREKA!! I have a new sprout today!! (pics to follow) After only 24 hrs.
I am hoping for better "sprouting" results from being under the dome. I have 5 more cups that have beans in them, so cross your fingers.
Tankz as always for stopping by.

==sec0pz

I don't know why it took lots and lots of reading man... I tried to tell you that in various posts, anyhow

Thats my next question just like rockwool cubes those quick rooters you really need to have them in a dome to get the humidity up and also put a vary small amount of water in the bottom so its touching the cubes or w/e but not soaking them. So are you using an enclosed dome for them?

Glad you figured it out.

M1DRAGONACE,
You know what, your absolutely right! You did tell me...and I remember reading it...maybe I thought you were talkin bout cloning.
Not sure HOW I missed it, but you did tell me...Thank you.
Somedays I'm slow, other days, not so much. Thank you for being understanding.

==sec0pz

Back
Top Bottom