First Grow - Advice Welcome!

This shouldn't be a problem if you are in a tent. I use gorilla tents as they are thicker than all other ones. your tent is a controlled environment so outside factors should affect your tent. What i would suggest if that is the case in your area is to seal the tent off. Close all vents and used an exhaust fan to bring fresh air in. On the ducting for this fan use a phresh intake filter.

As for mold this happens more in flower than in veg. I veg for 4 weeks so i step down from in 5's each week during veg. Keep the tent clean and as for insects it helps that your tent is sealed. I would suggest in looking in to the sierra product lines for sprays you can get. I spray my tent walls with some of their products, no insects to date yet.

Can you send me links for some products to keep my tent clean? I don't live in the US so i have to see what they are made of and look for something similar here.

As for ventilation: I keep my tent closed all the time. It has one variable speed 240 cfm extractor (i usually use it at around 80CFM), and one of the tent openings for air intake.

I will try to make sure everything around it is clean, and i raise the controller to 60% RH.

Okay, today i just saw something odd. The sick plant (i call it that, it just grows so little) showed some white hairs. This signals that it started to flower correct?, which of course makes very little sense. I saw none of this in the other plants, and of course all of them were germinated at the same time (and today was barely the first day of week two from germination).

you will have to find what works with that dirt. the balance between the dirt and plant sometimes kinda hard to learn. jsut got live and learn on it. once you learn what the plant will do then put chemicals to it. but i wouldnt till then. heat stress makes the leaves curl up and look dry , what is wrong with that one. looks to be clearing up. try keep them below 80 or around it. plant will tell you what it needs there. reall dont use chems till flowering stage. i never hardly use them until then. some people do some dont. your choice and what the plant does. over watering will make them drop down and look tired. all water in them make them heavy. most time in veg with dirt watering seems to be 4-5 days in some cases. dirt holds alot water if not mixed well or some dirt seems to hold it longer. be careful of root rot tho. best way to keep from that is change to bigger pot few weeks into veg. then again before flowering. so you can look.
you alos can put clay balls or heck even small rocks on top of the dirt around the plant to help spread water around the pot than pouring it and water bunching up in one spot. just a trick.tho... light i dont what your did and 18/6 then to 12.12. dont really see much differnce but plant i have is one i been growing for over a year now. so i know it very well. and what it will do before i do it.

Thanks for all the tips, i'm trying to implement them as i go.

Here are new pics for today (day 23 from seed)

23Dias-4.jpg

23Dias-3.jpg

23Dias-2.jpg

23Dias-1.jpg

The sick one doesn't gradually grow, every couple of days a huge new set of leaves appear. But the rest of the plants look healthy to me, and haven't presented any issues.

Thanks for everything!

few more weeks . i start 2 weeks before flowering stage. some do it gradually when they see the plant about ft tall. dont want do it to early. from my exper. if you dont know what your doing let the plant grow some. it tell you when you can and cant. you will look at them million times. you can see how she reacts. i let the plant do its job. i just help it. i use fox dirt so i have to put cal.mag to mine ever weeks just alittle. but they have never needed anything else. i put little as possible of fox trio in mine in flowering stage. but never in veg. dirt does good itself. ocean forest is pretty good dirt. but dont use it for seedlings. they will burn up. just use lite for seedling in chems then more then more. but you can always flush them soon as you see first little sign of defficience and flush them right away and they be fine. there kinda hard to kill once you learn what your doing. we all went threw some crap like that. plainfull but it makes you a better grower.. in anything you grow,

rule of thumb is 3 nodes. dont do anything for 3 nodes tall. its what they told me when i started. i think. im old so mouse dont go around cage some times.

word for advice . later on. get them planting bags to grow in them. ditch the plastic pots. im changing mine out now. and will never go back to them plastic pots. i get scared of mold too, with them things. better to buy them for like 2 bucks on amazon. planting bags is i think the correct name. size i have no clue let me ask girl that gave me mine. ill get back with you.

Okay, today i just saw something odd. The sick plant (i call it that, it just grows so little) showed some white hairs. This signals that it started to flower correct?, which of course makes very little sense. I saw none of this in the other plants, and of course all of them were germinated at the same time (and today was barely the first day of week two from germination).

When a female cannabis plant is sexually mature the plant will develop female pre flower pistils.

Here is the female cannabis pre flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

Here are male and female cannabis plants

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

I haven't found the bugs, that's the issue (i would've posted a pic).
The ONLY bug i found a couple of days ago was a sort of grey looking insect (around 1cm long) with antennae. I killed him. I've been looking for more of them, but nothing at all. I even inspected the whole tent.

yeah i seen them but thats not the bites on the leaves and things. , i seen the last pictures of the plants . they look good. no bites and dead areas. im talking about the picture of the the bites up close. only way we can tell.

i agree with that. only thing i can see is ph lockout. or some type of fungus. but fungus will not make a whole. so you got a bug cutting a hole in the leaves but that one. that is brown towards the main veins looks like ph lockout. the fungus can be from humidity issues. check on that. rule out each thing. to figure it out.

either way looks like you got humidity and ph going on. go to the problem page to fungus. it looks just like that one pic in it. tan but not a hole. hole thing just looks like a bug.

Well, according to two other guys the holes are probably due to water drops condensing in my leaves. I've made sure this doesn't happen, and today i did not see any new holes. Let's hope it stays that way.
As for the ph lockout signs, i had to water two plants yesterday and checked both the initial and the runoff, and both seem fine. And i haven't seen any new signs of it.

Anyway, here are new pics from day 30 from seed.

Dia30-4.jpg

Dia30-3.jpg

Dia30-2.jpg

Dia30-1.jpg

The one in the second pic has been looking droopy the last few days. I just watered it yesterday (it had been around 5-6 days, the first inch was feeling moist), but today it still looks like that.

Today i started writing down the heights. The biggest one is 28cm, the following 24, and the other two 23 and 22.

that drooping is from night time. at night plants will relax and droop some. mine does that. when light hits it it will perk up grab sunlight and relax. you can tell it. just don't over water, i wait till mine feel light weight before watering. and they will drop from lack of water also. just got look at the plants and you can tell what it wants. . after while you can just look at them and tell what it needs.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom