First Grow - Advice Welcome!

Can you please take photograph of the branch and buds you are describing? Is there anything solid inside the calyxes in the buds you are describing?

I can't take a pic right now, I will soon today. But yes, some buds have seeds. I imagine something happened and my plant went a little hermi late in flowering? So far, in this plant, i've found around 10-15 buds with seeds inside (solid buds), but the vast majority are soft, non-solid buds.

I checked my other plants, and i couldn't find any more solid buds with seeds. I hope i don't find any surprises.

What could've happened?

I can't take a pic right now, I will soon today. But yes, some buds have seeds. I imagine something happened and my plant went a little hermi late in flowering? So far, in this plant, i've found around 10-15 buds with seeds inside (solid buds), but the vast majority are soft, non-solid buds.

I checked my other plants, and i couldn't find any more solid buds with seeds. I hope i don't find any surprises.

What could've happened?

Late in flower some cannabis strains can make fema pollen sacks in an effort to reproduce. I would suspect at least 1 plant may have made female pollen sacks that resulted in some of your buds being pollinated. The seeds created may be Feminized and viable.

Late in flower some cannabis strains can make fema pollen sacks in an effort to reproduce. I would suspect at least 1 plant may have made female pollen sacks that resulted in some of your buds being pollinated. The seeds created may be Feminized and viable.

I see. Well, apparently it's only a few ones on that plant, nothing extreme to worry about :c.

My buds are drying right now, I placed them in a box with lots of holes inside my tent, because since all the other plants are still growing and you have to protect the drying buds from light i decided to placed them in a box rather than hang them from the moment. I hope it's ok.

So, in the meantime I'm planning my second run. I will be using feminized rather than auto, and wanted to ask you for proper stressing techniques. I liked the mainfolding one, which one would you recommend? I'm still going to be growing in soil btw.

Thanks !

I suggest using Low Stress Training, Topping and Defoliation that I have had great success with growing plants with. The strain you select is your choice, I would recommend an Indica dominant strain for a lower profile and faster harvest but these techniques can be used with any photoperiod cannabis plant.

My current high CBD strains are AK47x Alaskan Thunder and Hindu Kush. I have also enjoyed Shiskaberry or "Kish". Three of my favorite high THC strains are AK48, Cheese and White Widow.

here is my short list for High CBD cannabis seeds with high THC that I would purchase

Medicann Blue Blood THC 15%-20% CBD 10%
Medicann Cali Jack THC 15%-20% CBD 4%
Royal Queen Seeds' Royal Highness THC 14% CBD 12%
Royal Queen Seeds' Royal Medic THC 10% CBD 12%

www.midweeksong.com blue blood
www.midweeksong.com cali jack
www.midweeksong.com Royal Highness
www.midweeksong.com Royal Medic

I would also purchase

G13 Labs Seeds - Pineapple Express, Ken Estes Original Grand Daddy Purple

https://www.cannabis-bud-beans.com g13 labs seeds pineapple express

https://www.cannabis-bud-beans.com Kush Grand Daddy Purp regular

Here is the original white widow by Shantibaba

https://www.cannabis-bud-beans.com MR Nice Seeds Black Widow

Here are 2 photographs showing late in flower Female pollen sacks near the left of center of the first photograph

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-22-07_-_005.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-22-07_-_004.JPG

There's a cbd widow as well. That's the only cbd one I carry out of 50+ genetics there's test results in my strain test result thread. 12.75 cbd to like 5% thc

There's a cbd widow as well. That's the only cbd one I carry out of 50+ genetics there's test results in my strain test result thread. 12.75 cbd to like 5% thc

Can you give me a link to that one? I was planning on a CBD Crew or Royal Queen one that has a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio.
I also want to grow a couple for recreational uses. I guess I'll go for White Widow and something else. Looking for something fun, tips?

Also, on the matter of my second skunk #1: The plant still looks really stunted, looks the same as the last picture I uploaded (The big one full of long white hairs). It has some nut burn, reason why i only watered with no nutes for a few days and then went back again with very little nutes. Hasn't changed a bit. Should I give this plant up?

Thank you guys again.

I would flush your grow medium with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size for your second skunk #1.

The first flush was with i would say 50% runoff, just to make sure i would get those extra nutes out of the way. I will do it again just in case. nothing has changed so far though.

The odd thing: Some interior spots have very orange hairs, like small clusters of it. It sort of look like it flowered, then for some reason stopped fattening buds, and some ripe hairs darkened.

Cbd seeds

I think I got from attitude seeds or maybe can nazon can't remember. I'm sure Herbies or bonza or the single seed center will have it

Okay guys. My last plant is FINALLY fattening up. The last few days or so it has changed dramatically and it's looking good now.

As for the other plants: I gradually harvested them. The skunk, which is now dry and curing in the glass jars, produced around 24 grams. My guess from the others is that they will yield between 12-17 grams, but they are still drying though.

PS: I invited some friends over and made some brownies with oil made from all the trimmings. It was REAL good.

;)

Congratulations on your harvest!

Thanks! When i finish drying the rest i'll put up some pics of those as well.

Quick question: Because i will be using the Skunk to make oil, is it necessary to continue curing, or curing only improves the taste of weed for smoking purposes?

Back
Top Bottom