First Grow - Advice Welcome!

Okkk i'm sorry been really busy. Here goes new pics from day 63 (from seed).

Dia63-1.jpg

Dia63-2.jpg

This is the first of two Skunk #1. It's the smallest one, for some reason it decided to stop growing before the rest, so that's why it's the most advanced in flower development. I haven't had any issues with this one, just sort of waiting to see when i should stop giving nutes (any advice)

Dia63-3.jpg

Dia63-4.jpg

This is my second skunk #1. It decided to keep growing in veg for an extra week or two compared to it's sister, and because of that floration is far behind. Plant looks good, just behind (hope so).

Dia63-5.jpg

Dia63-6.jpg

This is my auto anesthesia, and it's i think the prettiest one. Very green leaves, never had any issues whatsoever, and it looks to be flowering well.

Dia63-7.jpg

Dia63-8.jpg

And finally the auto tutankhamon, the tallest one and that is also around the middle of its floration period (i'm guessing based on the weeks that have passed). This one (i don't know if you can tell) had some serious calcium def. about a week and a half ago. It spread really fast, and only around 6 days ago i started giving it extra calcium. I hope it doesn't affect production as much.

Since i'm already in the last few weeks, i would really like some advice in how to tell when to stop giving nutes and any other things i should keep an eye on.

Thanks again!

I harvest my cannabis plants by trichome maturity. You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Hydrofarm_AEM30_30x_Active_Eye_Loupe.png

Active Eye Loupe, 30X

You guys, i need some advice figuring out where i stand on harvesting.
From the previous update, you could see that the first plant (skunk) looks close to harvest. As of now, i'd say 80% of the hairs are orange, and i just bought a microscope to check trichomes. But, you see, they all look clear to me. I tried to get some pics so you can point me in the right direction.

IMG_20150324_154019.jpg
IMG_20150324_153957.jpg
IMG_20150324_153730.jpg
IMG_20150324_153614.jpg
IMG_20150324_153609.jpg

I know they are a bit blurry, but it was HARD to get pics with my phone and the 60x-100x microscope attached by some strings to it.

Thanks once again!

The trichomes in your photographs are mostly cloudy with some amber trichomes.

Oh god but why?! I look at reference pictures and they seem mostly clear to me. Can you teach me a bit how to tell them apart?

Its a good thing i switched to only water with that plant two days ago. I'll wait a week with only water and harvest i guess.

the trichomes in your third photograph are mostly clear while the trichomes on your other photographs have a more cloudy/milky color to them. Clear trichomes are very transparent and as they mature develop a cloudy/milky and then amber as their degraded stage. Cloudy trichomes contain the highest amount of cannabinoids before they degrade to amber. Try to make sure you have a good light source to view the trichomes under.

the trichomes in your third photograph are mostly clear while the trichomes on your other photographs have a more cloudy/milky color to them. Clear trichomes are very transparent and as they mature develop a cloudy/milky and then amber as their degraded stage. Cloudy trichomes contain the highest amount of cannabinoids before they degrade to amber. Try to make sure you have a good light source to view the trichomes under.

Yup Yup :thumb::thumb:

Okay! A day late but new pics with some trichomes as well!

These are day 74 from seed.

First, the Auto Anesthesia
Dia74-2.jpg

Dia74-3.jpg
IMG_20150326_113959.jpg
IMG_20150326_114046.jpg
IMG_20150326_114105.jpg

Auto Tutankhamon
Dia74-4.jpg

Dia74-5.jpg
IMG_20150326_114243.jpg
IMG_20150326_114317.jpg
IMG_20150326_114319.jpg

Skunk #1 (The one that is super behind)
Dia74-8.jpg

Dia74-9.jpg

Skunk #1 (Soon to be harvested, only ph'ed water at this point)
Dia74-6.jpg

Dia74-7.jpg

Thanks again for your help and comments guys. Everything is super helpful.

There are amber trichomes present on each plant that you have posted trichome photographs indicating that the trichomes are degrading to amber and are ready for harvest. There are also clear trichomes present on each plant, this is also normal that not all of the trichomes have either turned cloudy or amber when the plant is harvested. If you notice some of the upper leaves on your plants have a upward curl that may either be caused by heat stress or a magnesium deficiency. How many days have you been flushing your plants for now?

Their are amber trichomes present on each plant that you have posted trichome photographs indicating that the trichomes are degrading to amber and are ready for harvest. There are also clear trichomes present on each plant, this is also normal that not all of the trichomes have either turned cloudy or amber when the plant is harvested. If you notice some of the upper leaves on your plants have a upward curl that may either be caused by heat stress or a magnesium deficiency. How many days have you been flushing your plants for now?

I haven't flushed those two with water yet. But the last watering was around 4-5 days ago, and today their soil is dry. I guess i'll start flushing them too. Is just that both of them haven't really converted their pistils to orange, still really white. How can that be?

I haven't flushed those two with water yet. But the last watering was around 4-5 days ago, and today their soil is dry. I guess i'll start flushing them too. Is just that both of them haven't really converted their pistils to orange, still really white. How can that be?

Certain cannabis strains and phenotypes maintain white pistils much later in flower.

Guys, so, i started to cut down my Skunk #1 (last picture of last update), but i don't really understand something: i started messing with a small branch, and the flowers look more like seeds when i open them up. I thought i was growing a female (all my plants are auto).

Am i just saying nonsense (since no one in the topic said anything about seeing a male in my plants)

Thank you guys.

Back
Top Bottom