First Grow Indoor & Outdoor Autoflower In Soil

Hi Tin! That def looks like bug damage, cut a few good and damaged leaves and look them over real closely. Did that happen in the tent? I put out some sticky traps they work pretty well. There's a sticky thread somewhere about plant damage, I'd check that out and post your pics there. Overall everything looks really nice to me, you're doing great!

I topped one auto, they give you very little time to train usually and that's the only thing I've done. @Jon is constantly training his autos check out his current thread it's usually near the top of the list in this forum.

Good luck!
Hey, I think they came from outside.
Due to backlog my led was delayed and They had to be left outside in the sun. But that was in late april and there wasnt much sun anyways.. probably just bugs.
And I was stupid enough to get them inside but the weather was terrible for a week, its getting alot better 25+ degrees next week for the whole week, and sunny. I dont see any damage on my 20L pots that were never outside. My gorilla punch however has burned leaves but i think its due to soil/ ph. It looks good now and no burn. They get dry too fast though.. i think i have too many plants now. I will wait until tomorrow. Will try to clean my whole place where they will be kept with some strong stuff and let it air out for 24hours? I could take the 4 big plants outside on tuesday hopefully.
The temps are starting to raise inside the tent. I saw 28 degrees yday and got scared but it was just before their 4 hour dark period and aftet 4 hrs the temps were back to 23-24. Ive seen 27-28 before and my pots dry out in a day or two. I can feel the bottom, its kinda dry almost feels like when i first bought the soiI guess I can start watering every 2 days now due to high temps and lower humidity? Humidity is usually around 50%.
The pots also feel light, i guess its time to start giving them more water.

Good morning @Tin1017 sorry about the pests.
10% neem oil in water with a few drops of safer soap in a spray bottle work well.
Make sure you get the bottom of the leaves aswell.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Thank you, Bill. I just checked them and these are recent pictures. Ill have to wait until tomorrow because everything is closed today. Will do the neem oil spray, thank you! Hopefully its not too late but the pest dmg is only visible on the plants that were kept outside for a week. I bought some fake grass and some flowers and will be taking the bigger plants (10l pots) outside (roof) on tuesday. Amazing forecast and they were ment to be outside anyways.
I also started giving them 6.1-3 phd water and they are alot happier. I found a bottled water that reads at 6.1ph
I had some 11l (7.1ph) bottles left and was wondering if lemon juice would be bad to lower the ph since i also add nutes and im not so sure if water with lemon juice in it would be ok?
Thank you so much for helping it really means alot to me since i feel alot “safer” when I can count on people with experience and knowledge.. thanks

0D3CF739-EA72-415F-B000-78160253A663.jpeg

AC0B0E87-9B39-4F97-9087-62ADF574B6BD.jpeg

35FDB285-D59D-45F7-994C-A2732FF4D167.jpeg

BFFF6F74-A6D2-42E0-BD6F-041D63787FAC.jpeg

057C57E5-A251-453C-A007-B6E442493A49.jpeg

0DA39441-AFE5-4D13-B5C9-FC8A3F13594A.jpeg

0C45E000-EA51-4136-82AC-FA084FAAAA28.jpeg

D9F7DD88-5879-4690-9C71-298DA01A211A.jpeg

0C8BFDEC-E540-4F4F-95C1-FFFB482DD3DE.jpeg

519A5EBE-9EE1-42FF-B4A4-5DE0C466F458.jpeg

Would you suggest defoliating these abit? They have been under some stress and I am not so sure what to do.
They are in pre flower now right? I am
Keeping my led abit higher since the smaller ones wouldnt enjoy 75% light i suppose. I only switched to 75% on the dimmer 2 days ago. I kept it at 50% for the 2nd and 3rd week. I guess at the start of week 4 the bigger ones would enjoy 100% but im not so sure about the small ones. Eventhough they are 40 cm away from the light (16cm or 30 is the recommendation i believe need to double check)
I guess I could try 100% on the dimmer since the bigger ones are in the beginning of week 4 and migro recommends 100% power at lower height even.
But im also not sure since they will be going outside in 2 days and i dont wanna burn the little ones. Maybe ill just keep it at 75%
I also have 8 pots in a 4x4” and my temps are starting to raise and they dry quite fast ~ 2days.
The smell is one of the strongest ever. Its also escaping the tent eventhough my carbon filter is pretty bit and doing a nice job i suppose theeres still smell escaping the tent but when I open it it smells like gas heaven. I noticed the smell about 10 days ago but now its really strong especislly inside the tent. Is that normal for 4 weeks?

EA0BFD98-5B2E-48CC-9BBD-B7EA1E692038.jpeg

E32DA585-F59B-4C64-A6AE-9F323AD3A509.jpeg

CA612B02-6361-4C3F-8DBC-3B7C58FC1A5A.jpeg

383D74EF-373A-4694-AC2E-F2432C00DA9D.jpeg

27684CB2-7476-4367-99B3-9664C0D21EBA.jpeg

Would you suggest defoliating these abit? They have been under some stress and I am not so sure what to do.
They are in pre flower now right? I am
Keeping my led abit higher since the smaller ones wouldnt enjoy 75% light i suppose. I only switched to 75% on the dimmer 2 days ago. I kept it at 50% for the 2nd and 3rd week. I guess at the start of week 4 the bigger ones would enjoy 100% but im not so sure about the small ones. Eventhough they are 40 cm away from the light (16cm or 30 is the recommendation i believe need to double check)
I guess I could try 100% on the dimmer since the bigger ones are in the beginning of week 4 and migro recommends 100% power at lower height even.
But im also not sure since they will be going outside in 2 days and i dont wanna burn the little ones. Maybe ill just keep it at 75%
I also have 8 pots in a 4x4” and my temps are starting to raise and they dry quite fast ~ 2days.
The smell is one of the strongest ever. Its also escaping the tent eventhough my carbon filter is pretty bit and doing a nice job i suppose theeres still smell escaping the tent but when I open it it smells like gas heaven. I noticed the smell about 10 days ago but now its really strong especislly inside the tent. Is that normal for 4 weeks?

EA0BFD98-5B2E-48CC-9BBD-B7EA1E692038.jpeg

E32DA585-F59B-4C64-A6AE-9F323AD3A509.jpeg

CA612B02-6361-4C3F-8DBC-3B7C58FC1A5A.jpeg

383D74EF-373A-4694-AC2E-F2432C00DA9D.jpeg

27684CB2-7476-4367-99B3-9664C0D21EBA.jpeg
Ok so there is a lot there.
If they are going into sunlight for the first time be cautious.
Direct sun will burn them at first.
Short periods of sun at first.
I don't like to defol.
Especially anything going outside, I'd leave them.
It's a personal preference I like big bushy healthy girls.
I noticed your showing signs of a deficiency in some leaves and signs of overwatering in others.
Here is what I would do in soil.
Feed full strength nutrients according to the schedule at 6.3 ph.
Then let them dry right out.
I'm thinking every 2 days is your schedule not theirs.
Dry dry dry.
Then I'd give plain water at 6.3 ph.
Then dry again dryyyyy.
Then feed full strength again at 6.3.
Dry.
Water.
Dry
Feed....... repeat following the schedule right till harvest.
I can't remember there is probably another question I missed.
Feel free to ask anything you need. :thumb:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Your plants are extremely close to flowering right now, it looks like one or two have already started it's hard for me to be sure. Are you able to get a pH tester? Not the strips but a device, Amazon sells them for about $25 and for a beginner they are crucial. You don't want to be guessing about your pH, although soil is pretty forgiving. The bug damage doesn't look bad at all. I'm the opposite of Bill I like to defoliate so the buds get direct light if possible and they direct all their energy to bud production. But if I had to pick between us I'd listen to Bill lol.

Autos are tricky, everything happens so fast. Overall I think they look really good :thumb:

Thank you! I am kinda broke at the moment but I will squeeze 25$ out my *** and get a ph tester because thats the only thing thats not under control atm. My temps rh are somewhat good and my soil seems okay, i mixed biobizz allmix with lightmix in the middle for early stages. I guess I can start feeding those at 4th week?
Also should I start some lst on the smaller plants and leave the bigger ones alone?
Thank you for helping me you really are making my life easier.
I will do as Bill said and feed them in a couple of minutes because they are dry and i watered them 2 days ago. I gave thrm 1/4th strength but i will give them The whole thing this time, wait till dry and water with plain water.
But I will definitely get a pH tester this week.

Thank you! I am kinda broke at the moment but I will squeeze 25$ out my *** and get a ph tester because thats the only thing thats not under control atm. My temps rh are somewhat good and my soil seems okay, i mixed biobizz allmix with lightmix in the middle for early stages. I guess I can start feeding those at 4th week?
Also should I start some lst on the smaller plants and leave the bigger ones alone?
Thank you for helping me you really are making my life easier.
I will do as Bill said and feed them in a couple of minutes because they are dry and i watered them 2 days ago. I gave thrm 1/4th strength but i will give them The whole thing this time, wait till dry and water with plain water.
But I will definitely get a pH tester this week.
Hey Tin:ciao:.
Personally I'd make sure everyone one was bug free and growing well before starting lst.
A little time won't hurt and health is more important. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Thank you for replying!
I will leave them as they are. I will buy a pH tester and neem oil+ the thing that u recommended (will double check in a bit)
I bought a mister yesterday to make my life easier when spraying the leaves
Hopefully the bugs will go away.
I also gave them full stength nutrients+ water just now. The 10l pots took around 1.5litres and the bigger ones around 2.
They were light and dried out good i think i should have watered them last night but I guess a couple of hours without water wont kill them?
I always give them half then move onto the next one then come back and give them the other half. Usually 1 litre for my 20L pots and .75 for my 10L ones.
In total 2L big pots, 1.5L small pots (bigger plants)
I also lift my pots and the 20L ones are easier to tell when dry and theyre also fabric so i guess it makes it easier however the plastic ones are harder for me to tell when dry. I guess it takes practice and time
I have also noticed that the 10L ones had alot of runoff really quick. I gave them .75 then came back and gave them another .75 But the second time water immediately went at the bottom and there is good amount.
Is it okay for runoff water to stay in the tray for a while or do I get rid of it right away to prevent rot and other stuff?
Sorry for my noob questions, ill get better :D

Morning Tin! You'll get a good feel for when the pots are dry, and if the plant didn't wilt there was still some moisture available. You want to get things as dry as possible before you water again. Good luck!
Morning BubbaKush, plants looked really sad and wilted before I watered them 1hour ago with full stength nutes as Bill recommended. I used biobizz feeding charts. This feeding was 4 times stronger than what I usually give them. I also don’t have the complete biobizz package, what I have atm is Biobizz- CalMag, Grow, Bloom, TopMax
I also have dutchpro- root, multi total and explode.
I gave them:
1. cal Mag 2ml/L
2. Multi total 3ml/L
3.root 3ml/L
4.grow 2ml/L
I would want to get the whole biobizz nutrient line, I suppose mixing two brands isnt the best idea.

Edit: I opened my tent just now for a quick look because there was about 15-20% runoff earlier but apparently the plants absorbed that. Is that normal?
Did I give them too little?
1.5L/ 10L pots absorbed the 15-20% runoff in ~1hr
2L/ 20L pots (2 and a half weeks old plants) no runoff
Leds arent aligned but i will fix that once I move them higher

68A13A00-5B13-4E03-92CF-DE279BBA001F.jpeg

4474E067-863E-47C9-AA60-4F3499BD8913.jpeg

EC3C919C-5AB0-40B2-83A5-80EFBE638C85.jpeg

1428248C-9F14-4AEF-B42C-E8A86C714FD2.jpeg

1183CC92-EDDF-46C7-BA6D-FECDD175FF3F.jpeg

187785C6-1299-473E-9A25-297B62135DB8.jpeg

CDD56C17-FF48-4010-AB5F-3ACD24ED1DF9.jpeg

68BE297F-F064-4AF1-9F74-89DE311F3A57.jpeg

CD58B4BF-6EF4-483E-A86B-678AFD4A8534.jpeg

CA1C78D9-4CB9-49C9-9AFD-BE92F61B277D.jpeg

Thank you for replying!
I will leave them as they are. I will buy a pH tester and neem oil+ the thing that u recommended (will double check in a bit)
I bought a mister yesterday to make my life easier when spraying the leaves
Hopefully the bugs will go away.
I also gave them full stength nutrients+ water just now. The 10l pots took around 1.5litres and the bigger ones around 2.
They were light and dried out good i think i should have watered them last night but I guess a couple of hours without water wont kill them?
I always give them half then move onto the next one then come back and give them the other half. Usually 1 litre for my 20L pots and .75 for my 10L ones.
In total 2L big pots, 1.5L small pots (bigger plants)
I also lift my pots and the 20L ones are easier to tell when dry and theyre also fabric so i guess it makes it easier however the plastic ones are harder for me to tell when dry. I guess it takes practice and time
I have also noticed that the 10L ones had alot of runoff really quick. I gave them .75 then came back and gave them another .75 But the second time water immediately went at the bottom and there is good amount.
Is it okay for runoff water to stay in the tray for a while or do I get rid of it right away to prevent rot and other stuff?
Sorry for my noob questions, ill get better :D
No problem on the questions it's all good.
It's best if the pots don't sit in water, or the catch tray at all actually.
Either shop vac the trays right away or this is better.
Put a little grill over the catch tray to hold them in the air above the tray.
That way air circulates under the bag, better for roots.
Check @Buds Buddy 's journal.
He has a fantastic set up.
Pots sit perfect above the water.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Thank you, Bill. Will definitely check out the journal you linked and get myself some grills. I have seen people do it in videos etc but never thought of it before you mentioned getting some grills.
Will be going out to get myself a ph tester and pesticides now.
I watered them 3 hours ago.
I also up my light to 100%
Recommended height is 16cm, my bigger plants are 20 cm away from the led and smaller ones are 36 cm away so i guess 100% will be safe for them?
The bigger ones will be going out tomorrow so im trying to get them ready for the sun and all the bugs that will be waiting for them outside

Thank you, you guys are amazing.
I am from the EU, Ikea must have these ill go get them tomorrow. I got my ph tester today and will hopefully be doing better in the future.
I was browsing your grow journal earlier and I cant express how cool it it is..
And Bill was one of the first guys i noticed..
so helpful and always takes the time to give good advice.. awesome human
i am new to this and have never been a part of a community like that.
I just smoke “alot” wnd its quite expensive so i wanna have enough for myself and make some profit so i can support my gaming “career”.
I used to play for a tier1 csgo team but sold my pc because we have so bad internet over here its impossible to play competitively.. i dont know if you play any games at all but i also got radiant in valorant in a month.. My pc was just sitting for months because I was beyond tilted playing with horrible internet..
and so i sold it and decided to just get ourselves (me and gf) a tent and try to grow for ourselves since we smoke quite abit and its expensive for our standards
Sorry I went into too much detail but im coming from gaming communities and its really nice to see people who are willing to help and are so friendly..

I am sorry for posting so much. I have one last question. Ill post a pic below, could you tell me if its normal to have so much “white” on the growth, looks like its peeled off to me. I also check the bottom leaves but have not seen any insects yet.. i have neem oil and will be spraying tomorrow morning
However i have noticed that there was some soil on the bottom of my leaves.
I know its best for the leaves to be away and not touching the soil but how bad can it be? Thank you

AAC67BB2-D242-42ED-8414-0B5627014FCD.jpeg

5C61B47B-15EE-4919-9EAE-3BF7ADA3F8EB.jpeg

DF50D2EF-4AC9-41C4-A87D-E9889561D47C.jpeg

A5068E8D-D2CF-480B-9354-901DCBE12049.jpeg

Thank you, you guys are amazing.
I am from the EU, Ikea must have these ill go get them tomorrow. I got my ph tester today and will hopefully be doing better in the future.
I was browsing your grow journal earlier and I cant express how cool it it is..
And Bill was one of the first guys i noticed..
so helpful and always takes the time to give good advice.. awesome human
i am new to this and have never been a part of a community like that.
I just smoke “alot” wnd its quite expensive so i wanna have enough for myself and make some profit so i can support my gaming “career”.
I used to play for a tier1 csgo team but sold my pc because we have so bad internet over here its impossible to play competitively.. i dont know if you play any games at all but i also got radiant in valorant in a month.. My pc was just sitting for months because I was beyond tilted playing with horrible internet..
and so i sold it and decided to just get ourselves (me and gf) a tent and try to grow for ourselves since we smoke quite abit and its expensive for our standards
Sorry I went into too much detail but im coming from gaming communities and its really nice to see people who are willing to help and are so friendly..
I'm so happy your enjoying yourself here.
Buds has a lot you can learn. :thumb:
Great detail in his journals.
And my door is always open anything you need.
Sorry about your internet and gaming. :(
But now you found a new addiction. :rofl:
Once I started I couldn't stop its great.
Get out your dictionary and look up Pong!
That's the video game I learned to play first.
Did you find it?
Yeah it's honestly that bad. Hehe
I type with one thumb my hands couldn't hold a controller anymore.
But some of them are so realistic it's incredible. :cheer:
Hopefully we can get you to a great harvest and save you some money.
What's an ounce cost over there ?

Bill

I'm so happy your enjoying yourself here.
Buds has a lot you can learn. :thumb:
Great detail in his journals.
And my door is always open anything you need.
Sorry about your internet and gaming. :(
But now you found a new addiction. :rofl:
Once I started I couldn't stop its great.
Get out your dictionary and look up Pong!
That's the video game I learned to play first.
Did you find it?
Yeah it's honestly that bad. Hehe
I type with one thumb my hands couldn't hold a controller anymore.
But some of them are so realistic it's incredible. :cheer:
Hopefully we can get you to a great harvest and save you some money.
What's an ounce cost over there ?

Bill
Haha, I have played a game similar to Pong. I started with Atari first, then moved to playstation and now mostly pc, would definitely get a ps and a huge tv one day since my girlfriend plays alot of CoD.
My bad internet really ruined it for me ar first my mentality was broken because it was my way of earning abit of money but mechanical skills and knowledge don’t just go away and so I have plenty of time to rest and come back even stronger one day. An ounce where i am from costs around 150 euro but thats low quality I guess.. it doesnt even smell like anything and it looks nothing like it- compared to what i have seen in the journals here and youtube. And the average monthly salary is around 500 euro. I pay 150 electricity for example and my salary is usually gone for gas, bills and weed. But its all good my 4week old babies smell better than what im smoking.. haha. I just hope I dont kill them somehow and they come out decent.. i kinda thought id feel bad for chopping them one day but then i realized how good it would feel to also smoke your own stuff.. abit rewarding too I guess. I cant wait
An ounce of the better stuff is around 200euro (210dollars) and its probably 5%-10% thc

Haha, I have played a game similar to Pong. I started with Atari first, then moved to playstation and now mostly pc, would definitely get a ps and a huge tv one day since my girlfriend plays alot of CoD.
My bad internet really ruined it for me ar first my mentality was broken because it was my way of earning abit of money but mechanical skills and knowledge don’t just go away and so I have plenty of time to rest and come back even stronger one day. An ounce where i am from costs around 150 euro but thats low quality I guess.. it doesnt even smell like anything and it looks nothing like it- compared to what i have seen in the journals here and youtube. And the average monthly salary is around 500 euro. I pay 150 electricity for example and my salary is usually gone for gas, bills and weed. But its all good my 4week old babies smell better than what im smoking.. haha. I just hope I dont kill them somehow and they come out decent.. i kinda thought id feel bad for chopping them one day but then i realized how good it would feel to also smoke your own stuff.. abit rewarding too I guess. I cant wait
An ounce of the better stuff is around 200euro (210dollars) and its probably 5%-10% thc
Wow don’t realize how good we have it some days.
€ 200 Yeiks.
We will help you bring in a good crop.
No worries my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom