First Grow! - Kandy Kush - 3x3 - 600W HID - Hempy Bucket

KandyBucketz

Hey everyone, welcome to my first post/first grow! I have been a lurker for a few months but just now decided to take the plunge, buy a bunch of gear, and create an account.

Setup:
Strain: DNA Kandy Kush - OG Kush x Train Wreck - 60% Indica : 40% Sativa
Medium: Hempy (75% Perlite / 25% Vermiculite)
Stage: Vegetative, 18/6
Lights: Veg: 600W MH - Flower: 600W HPS
Air: 6" passive intake, 6" 440 CFM variable speed inline fan with carbon filter (filter is off until it gets smelly)
pH: 5.5 - 6.5
Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Pack and CaliMagic
Temp: 72-75f lights on - 62-65f lights off
Humidity: 40-60%
Containers: Seedlings were in a little grower tray with soil but have since been transplanted into 2gal buckets

--

Feeding Schedule:
Week 1: 1/4tsp FloraMicro, 1/4tsp FloraGro, 1/4tsp FloraBloom, 1/4tsp CaliMagic, 1/2tsp RapidStart, 1/4tsp Floralicious Plus, 1/4tsp FloraBlend, 1/4tsp CaliMagic

--

I soaked 3 seeds on 12/9 and 24 hours later I planted them in little tiny garden containers with a bit of soil under a 60W daylight bulb.

On 12/12 they sprouted and on 12/18 I transplanted two of them into 2gal hempy buckets which is where they will stay. One of them didn't take very well and I lost it during transplant. Originally I was going to use soil the whole way through but there are no garden shops open this time of year and finding non-walmart miracle grow soil is almost impossible so I decided to switch to hempy buckets.

My setup at the moment is a 3x3 Secret Jardin DR90 2.5, 600W Apollo air cooled light, 6" inline fan and carbon filter. Having just moved into the tent I have been playing around with the temp/humidity but it usually stays around 72f and 50% during lights on. Last night was the first night and it dropped to 62f and 35% so I might have to play around with it a bit. I have a humidifier on right now but I'm hoping that when the plants get bigger they can keep the humidity up by themselves. Without it humidity drops to 40% or less.

I picked up the General Hydroponics Flora Pack with CaliMagic and fed them yesterday for the first time but one plant has been a little droopy. Hopefully they drink it all up and start to show signs of improvement. Also the cotyledon on one (the smaller, droopy one) has turned yellow/purple, not sure if it's ready to fall off naturally or if it's just buggered as the other plant looks completely healthy.

Anyways, enough rambling. On to the pics!

MJ-0011.jpg

MJ-002.jpg

^Is this a good place for taking temp/RH?

MJ-003.jpg

MJ-004.jpg

MJ-005.jpg

As you can see from the last two photos it's drooping, not growing as much, and the cotyledon is looking gnarly. What could the problem be?

Is this a good place for taking temp/RH?

I put mine right on top of my medium. I really don't imagine it would make much difference in an enclosed space like a grow tent.

What could the problem be?
I wouldn't be feeding them anything in the pot yet. I go with a super-light mix in a spray... 1/8tsp of my grow nutes/gal. I spray the plant, then spray the medium around the plant base trying to coat the new roots with the mix. Usually 3-4 times a day.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

It's not abandoned, I just didn't get much response from the first post so I didn't post again. Right now they're 52 days from seed, trying to fill the scrog and will probably be flipping soon.

fRY3MFz.jpg

TYE72yS.jpg

8Q5n7nm.jpg

2noupOC.jpg

I tried taking some clones the other day, don't think I did it right as they're all drooping now.

epwG9uD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom