Lootznbootz - 3x3 - 600W - Soil - Hydro

Ok so i believe i should have flipped a while ago my roots are reaching the bottoms of the pots so quickly i feel that through 8 weeks of flower its going to cause some problems somewhere.

My biggest sativa i put into a 5 gallon bucket with about 2.5 gallons of soil underneath it i feel this is more than enough room.
It was showing ph problems and so far all my ph problems have come from not enough room for roots.

Once i uppot they clear up.
So im going to go with too much room rather than having not enough.
Im using my own pastic 5 gallon buckets that i cut exactly like the ones for 10 bucks at the local home supertore.
Ill be doing the rest of them this week.
Today is day 2 of 12/12 so ill be getting this done very quickly. Ill have pictures later tonight

Sent from my LGLS675 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So everything has finally sexed and were left with 4 plants 2 NL and 2 freebies all of which are on week 2 of 12/12.
They are all in 5 gallon buckets and going strong. I transplanted them over the first week as i fabricated the pots for drainage and such...

I had to raise my light because of on of the freebies going out of control. I added 2 100w cfl to the side with the NL to make up for the penetration i lost raising it to compensate for the taller plants i cant imagine its doing a whole lot of difference but it makes me sleep better so hey why not lol.

This is a picture im taking as i type this
420-magazine-mobile2042992482.jpg

lootznbootz - 42 Magazine(12582474) on Vimeo

These are clones from the sativa in the back i just transplanted them today they had plenty of roots poppin out the rockwool so i decided it was time
420-magazine-mobile1363138250.jpg

And my cloning bucket which is working quite well surprisingly enough
420-magazine-mobile1194354149.jpg

Unfortunately ill be vegging outside of the tent until the NL is done and i gain control of my tent space again.

All in all so far so good ill be able ro update more ofteb and more accurately now with my new job new hours and this 420 mobile app which makes it so much easier to upload pics as i update anyway thanks for stopping by sorry for the wait

Ok so tomorrow makes 3 weeks of 12/12 i went ahead and gave a decent hair cut to all of them especially that huge sativa ive been battling with heres last night
420-magazine-mobile1507513600.jpg

420-magazine-mobile925054785.jpg

So as the temperature starts to go up outside ive noticed high temps max about 86°F.
Which ive read is the max my tent should be without supplementing CO2.

To combat this before it gets any worse seeing as tho i wont be adding co2.
i built a little ac cooler.
I used a $2 styrofoam cooler
2 4 inch mini fans
And tp rolls lol
I put a frozen gallon of water inside and bam temps controlled!

420-magazine-mobile1505999242.jpg

420-magazine-mobile280770362.jpg

In this picture you can see i used my veg side to put the cooler.
And a fan on the floor to take the cold air from the cooler and blow it up under the plants toward the light
420-magazine-mobile92502691.jpg

I did put the cooler on an extra 5 gallon bucket i had to raise it up so its actually hitting the plants and not the buckets but i didnt get a picture and lights are currently off so ill get one when they wake up.

For about 10 bucks and 10 minutes of my time i was able to take back control of my environment.
temp and humidity!
I hope this can help someone like it helped me when i was shown it.
As simple as it is i cant believe i didnt think of it myself.
But either way it works!

nice , you got that tent packed with some good looking plants. I have the same tent, was wondering what using the veg side would look like. does yours have light leakage at seams and zipper too? that cooler is one crazy contraption, never seen that before. good luck and good harvests :thumb:

I have pictures somewhere i believe of my veg side set up try my photo gallery ill look for some either way.

Yea the light leakage is pretty bad but i used foil tape and duct tape to seal off both sides when i have my veg side up.

The zippers on mine dont leak... I do fear that one day ill pull too hard when its stuck and break the zipper somehow tho.

And the cooler wasnt my idea nor the guy who told me about at my hydro shop. Youtube dyi a/c theres a guy who has a few models he built.
I just applied his concept with what i could find cheap and easy.

Do you have a journal with your current set up? Maybe i can help you out especially if you have the same tent theres a few thing you can do depending on what your using equipment wise

glad I found that idea here, just set up a veg tent with some heat issues. might have to replicate your replicated invention to fix the problem. that 5 degrees from 85 to 90 is killing me lol. :thumb:
oOFIKsOo also has the same tent and he is definitely someone you should check out as far as how to set up and use this tent seeing his journal helped me out alot my temps are 79°F - 84°F
He posted on this journal somewhere

Do you have a journal with your current set up? Maybe i can help you out especially if you have the same tent theres a few thing you can do depending on what your using equipment wise

hey, thanks, this is just for my second veg tent, it's a 2x4 600w with exhaust to the attic. 6in 440cfm exhaust attached to cool hood, no carbon filter. also have a 6in 220cfm intake on bottom and 2 fans inside. was thinking of getting a window fan to get room temp down, stays about 80 in there. my flower 3x4 tent I have ducting attached to a portable ac with the intake fan to keep temps down. :thanks:

So my grow has seriously taken off and its hard enough to keep up with it as well as the journal with my schedule but now that i have a chance i will try to give as good of an update as possible.

Most importantly i have added a portable a/c unit. Temps were controlled but i couldnt manage to get them to lower. Just stay around 80°F-86°F depending on the temp outside.
I ran my exhaust into the back of the ac unit and the exhaust from the unit out the window.
I believe this is why my humidity has gone up considerably!
But i dont really have any other way to exhaust it and with the way things are looking in the tent now as opposed to before i feel its best to just leave it for now since im so close to harvest.

I have been watering
Sun, wed, sun,
Feed, water, Feed

I have used a combination of ferts that i think has worked very well.
It consist of
Calmag
GMB
B-52
BigBud
Bud candy
Bloombastic (as expensive as this shit is since ive bought it ive used it every other feeding so about 3 or 4 feedings)
And just recently i started using overdrive

Today is day 62 of flower or since we switched to 12/12. I plan of feeding up until day 70 and then flush for the final 2 weeks or until i see the trichome color im looking for.

Since using the overdrive i noticed a couple of things. Leaf discoloration has sped up which is normal. It was just starting before i feed with OD. The buds have fattened up noticeably in the past 2 days! Putting all my worries about a bad harvest to rest

420-magazine-mobile1499498452.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1370339271.jpg

As you might be able to tell in the pic im having to tie string to the branch and tie it to the tent to support it because the buds are pointing straight down without it.

The only reason it hasnt broke any branches is because of the string support i put underneath to kind of pull the branches back to the center
420-magazine-mobile1925671908.jpg

I think that early heat issues might have hurt a little but i recovered it just in time.

I have my clones that i took going as well the NL is just so resilient and has made a beautiful mother that im working on clone from for next grow the sativa strains tho are still just growing so long and lanky and still showing to be very sensitive plants in general i havent decided to take them down but its not looking good for them. At this point the nl is just out performing and so i think ill be sticking with this strain for a while.
Anyway enough rambling!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom