First Grow: Please Help

Nice start to your grow journal @Dannyboy2022

Like @CelestialNurseries mention about filling the pot. Most of the grower on here do up potting so it is easily handle when they transfer to a large pot.
Since, you basically started in your final pot you will need to keep your light high to promote stem stretching and then you will be able to :"as you say, back fill your pots".

I was wondering do you know the PH of your tap water?

Aside from that you are doing great.

Hope this helps,
Tok..

Nice start to your grow journal @Dannyboy2022

Like @CelestialNurseries mention about filling the pot. Most of the grower on here do up potting so it is easily handle when they transfer to a large pot.
Since, you basically started in your final pot you will need to keep your light high to promote stem stretching and then you will be able to :"as you say, back fill your pots".

I was wondering do you know the PH of your tap water?

Aside from that you are doing great.

Hope this helps,
Tok..
What sort of height should I bring the light to ? It's at 26inches now maybe to 30inches or would you say more ?

Yeah the ph out the tap is 7.8.

Also still need to find out about what nutrients I should be feeding and the correct amounts because at the moment I'm just doing 1/4 the recommended dose of canna a and b I'm hoping someone on here will be able to help me

I believe you will be fine around 30 inches or so above the pot.
You only want to do this until you get enough stretch.
As she stretches start filling her in the stem won't be able to support her.

How far down is your soil from the top of the pot?

Also, do you have a ph meter?
Do you have a way to adjust the ph down?

A ph of 7.8 is way to high. You will need to bring you water ph down mix your nutrients. Soil like other mediums require a specific ph to grow properly. When growing in soil mediums your pH for cannabis should be in the range of 6.2 to 6.8. Cannabis likes to grow in soils that are slightly acidic.

Out of curiosity are you nutrient made for hard water?

You can grow using tap water, it just a little more difficult.
Do you let your water set before using?

Hope this helps,
Tok..

1/4 dose of canna a and b all good for now mate. I do 2 nutrient feeds and then a water feed. Once plants are established increase the nutes.

Would have a look at nutrients and how much to use, we’ve all got our own way of doing things and last thing I want to do is tell you how to grow your grow.

There will be threads on here. Best place to learn and loads of friendly helpful people 👊

As she stretches start filling her in.

Ok I've sorted the light and will continue monitoring. Do you think I should bump the light up from 60% to 80% to compensate the light lift ?

They are 4 inches from the top in each pot. I will add a couple of handfuls of clove mpc each day moving forward whilst they stretch until I get them filled correctly.

As she stretches start filling her in the stem won't be able to support her.

Also, do you have a ph meter?
Do you have a way to adjust the ph down?

A ph of 7.8 is way to high. You will need to bring you water ph down mix your nutrients. Soil like other mediums require a specific ph to grow properly. When growing in soil mediums your pH for cannabis should be in the range of 6.2 to 6.8. Cannabis likes to grow in soils that are slightly acidic.

Out of curiosity are you nutrient made for hard water?

You can grow using tap water, it just a little more difficult.
Do you let your water set before using?

Hope this helps,
Tok..
I have a pH meter I bring the water down from 7.8 to 6.3 using pH down in 25litre water tubs that has an air stone in to help dissolve the chlorine

1/4 dose of canna a and b all good for now mate. I do 2 nutrient feeds and then a water feed. Once plants are established increase the nutes.

Would have a look at nutrients and how much to use, we’ve all got our own way of doing things and last thing I want to do is tell you how to grow your grow.

There will be threads on here. Best place to learn and loads of friendly helpful people 👊
Hey Joe thanks for the reply. I'm doing x2 feed and then one water too as you said just with canna a and b at the moment.

Just a question I'm confused with is do I need other canna products too get through all the stage bare in mind I'm new to this so may sound silly ?

Hi @Dannyboy2022 , first off, what a mess :thedoubletake: pull em up and start again:thumb: I’m just kidding:rofl: looking good mate, apart from the filling the pots, but yeah, I’m new to it all aswell but I use the canna nutes, and some good people on here helped me loads, I also use the canna bio mix soil and it has enough nutes in it to last for the first couple of weeks, so I’m not sure about the soil your using, but I would suggest you carry on with what your doing with the nutes, the quarter recommended amount until they get a little bigger and then up them, when they have about 4 sets of full leaves, just put plenty of pics up if you notice anything out of the ordinary, people on here will steer you right mate, good luck:):thumb:

Hi @Dannyboy2022 , first off, what a mess :thedoubletake: pull em up and start again:thumb: I’m just kidding:rofl: looking good mate, apart from the filling the pots, but yeah, I’m new to it all aswell but I use the canna nutes, and some good people on here helped me loads, I also use the canna bio mix soil and it has enough nutes in it to last for the first couple of weeks, so I’m not sure about the soil your using, but I would suggest you carry on with what your doing with the nutes, the quarter recommended amount until they get a little bigger and then up them, when they have about 4 sets of full leaves, just put plenty of pics up if you notice anything out of the ordinary, people on here will steer you right mate, good luck:):thumb:
Nearly fainted after reading the first sentence. Genuinely thought you were serious 😂😂😂😂

This might help mate :thumb:

4E2D59DD-9906-4A6C-8973-C713420DCF40.jpeg

Haha 🤣 ....looks like Joe cares about my plants too because I actually thought you was being serious for a min.

I'm glad you agree am doing well mate. I've already begun to started to slowly filling the pot will gradually get them up over the next couple of days hopefully.

Also the canna range what ones do I need to go with canna a and b ? Like looking at the chart do I need them all ?

So I'm using clove multi purpose compost I read good things about it apparently it has enough nutes to support upto 4 weeks but I started nutes early as they had a slight drop in the leafs but they have bounced back to normal now

Haha 🤣 ....looks like Joe cares about my plants too because I actually thought you was being serious for a min.

I'm glad you agree am doing well mate. I've already begun to started to slowly filling the pot will gradually get them up over the next couple of days hopefully.

Also the canna range what ones do I need to go with canna a and b ? Like looking at the chart do I need them all ?

So I'm using clove multi purpose compost I read good things about it apparently it has enough nutes to support upto 4 weeks but I started nutes early as they had a slight drop in the leafs but they have bounced back to normal now
A and B and a bloom boost for flowering. I’m a great believer in not becoming a tackle tart, have done it in the past and not seen any real difference. Might be doing more harm than good using everything unless there’s problems 👍

But at the same time. Eff it. Go mental and experiment 😂

Hello mate, right, I was told when I first started to spend as little as possible , so here’s what I suggest, the first pic I’m gunna send is what I use, I only use the bio vega for the veg period and the Flores for the flowering stage, and that’s it, next grow I’m going to use the boost to see if there’s any difference with the buds, it says that your one, the a&b is used right the way through, here’s what it says about the cannazym
CANNAZYM is a high-quality enzyme product that speeds up the process of breaking down dead root material and encourages beneficial micro-organisms.
I’m doubting if you need that, and here’s what it says about the rhizotonic
CANNA RHIZOTONIC is a powerful, algae based, vegetative stimulator for plant roots. It contains multiple vitamins and is 100% natural. RHIZOTONIC adds more than 60 microbiological substances that considerably speed up the growth of a balanced root environment.
So I don’t think that’s an have to have either, the pk13/14 I was told doesn’t do nothing so I wouldn’t bother with that, I would get the boost thou, and here’s a better pic of yours, but that’s just me, others may disagree but yeah, that’s what I would do :thumb:

1D4D609D-8640-48D3-8B89-B542BADF44E8.jpeg

23BA7E8D-A598-467F-926F-28EC0C34D4F0.jpeg

Hello mate, right, I was told when I first started to spend as little as possible , so here’s what I suggest, the first pic I’m gunna send is what I use, I only use the bio vega for the veg period and the Flores for the flowering stage, and that’s it, next grow I’m going to use the boost to see if there’s any difference with the buds, it says that your one, the a&b is used right the way through, here’s what it says about the cannazym
CANNAZYM is a high-quality enzyme product that speeds up the process of breaking down dead root material and encourages beneficial micro-organisms.
CANNA RHIZOTONIC is a powerful, algae based, vegetative stimulator for plant roots. It contains multiple vitamins and is 100% natural. RHIZOTONIC adds more than 60 microbiological substances that considerably speed up the growth of a balanced root environment.
So I don’t think that’s an have to have either, the pk13/14 I was told doesn’t do nothing so I wouldn’t bother with that, I would get the boost thou, and here’s a better pic of yours, but that’s just me, others may disagree but yeah, that’s what I would do :thumb:

Sorry, I meant it’s not a have to have, don’t need it mate

Hey mate. Thanks for all the info it really helps. So I'm going to order some canna boost today and I think I'm going to just go with what you say a and b and boost and see how these little girls turn out.

I will probably introduce boost to them in a week time as there not due a watering until Thursday evening but the next watering is just ph water as I'm doing the following

Feed 1.
1000ml tap water pH down to 6.3
1ml canna a and b

Feed 2
1ml canna a and b

Feed 3.

Then start back over again but this time I'll add boost I know this is the basics but I'm just asking to make sure ? Should I start increasing the canna a and b on the next cycle to either 1.5ml per 1000ml or 2ml as don't want to give them to much?

I have been keeping the top soil slightly damp misting with a spray bottle 2/3days to with pH 6.3 water.

So here's a little update guys on day 9 before light out for the little girls.

I backed filled each pot with about 1 inches of soil as you guys told me I should of filled to the top and made a mistake marginal error on my behalf. I then proceeded to water them a they was due a feed before light out.

Here the they are on 20/4 light cycle.
Night temp 21-24c
Day temp 24-27c
Light height 30inches at 80% brightness not to get plant to stretch whilst I back fill slowly.

IMG_20220920_001956.jpg

Back
Top Bottom