First grow, single plant, seeking some advice

Pzza138

Hi first grow. Not sure of strain type. Not even sure of the sex? I'm hoping for some help there.i transplanted today to bigger perm pot
Natural organic soil w added perlite and miracle grow, and quick start for transplant.ph water-6.0
It looks almost as if it may be flowering premature or am I doing something wrong. On 18/on 6off but I'm thinking of going to full light 24 in veg
Any tips, info on question s I have I would a appreciate it
Thanks
Also I topped it at third node a week ago, you can see I don't know if I topped correct
Also bf today I didn't know about pot sizes so transplanted today but I was working on last,after I topped as you can see how soon can I begin lst again and any pointers in this are would be great

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_212424019.jpg
    IMG_20200608_212424019.jpg
    826.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20200608_212422115.jpg
    IMG_20200608_212422115.jpg
    841.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20200608_202615598.jpg
    IMG_20200608_202615598.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 120
I don’t see any flowers. Topping looks fine . You can fim it to take it easier on the plant and not lose a cola. Fim is where you just keep trimming the node back a little instead of just cutting it off. Fim stands for fuck I missed. Google it.
Looks ok to me. Maybe a little water?and a lot more patience?

Welcome. So far, so good. Might be a little dry??
I was thinking the same , I switched medium at transplant but only to another soil mix , I watered yesterday and added a light food that's 1/1/1 as well as miracle grows quick start ,for the roots .
But im thinking the same , as I checked soil dampness half inch down and it was dry. I will keep up on that tho for sure thanks

I was thinking the same , I switched medium at transplant but only to another soil mix , I watered yesterday and added a light food that's 1/1/1 as well as miracle grows quick start ,for the roots .
But im thinking the same , as I checked soil dampness half inch down and it was dry. I will keep up on that tho for sure thanks
Water till run off, and dry to the bottom 2 inches. You can use a bamboo stake as a dip stick. I lift my pot to judge moisture level.

If first grow, why not let the plant grow naturally to see how it does without topping?

You could have a short stocky strain you will only know if you grow it out naturally.

Your soil mix looks like mostly peat moss. What brand is it?

Its dry as well so don't be afraid to water once the plant gets larger you won't be able to over water easily.

Miracle grow... owned by Scotts/Monsanto = poisoning the world. Try to avoid.
There's no miracles in gardening. I wish

If first grow, why not let the plant grow naturally to see how it does without topping?

You could have a short stocky strain you will only know if you grow it out naturally.

Your soil mix looks like mostly peat moss. What brand is it?

Its dry as well so don't be afraid to water once the plant gets larger you won't be able to over water easily.

Miracle grow... owned by Scotts/Monsanto = poisoning the world. Try to avoid.
There's no miracles in gardening. I wish
Hi thanks bobrown! I had no idea about miracle grow. Soil used is miracle grows Nature Care. And tbh after digging a little bit after reading your post I feel like dumping my pot, which I won't because it's the perm
But I won't be using the product anymore or anything that is branded miracle grow
I topped and I'm using lst in an effort to utilize my grow space and lighting which isn't a whole lot to begin with.
I'm thinking of going outdoors and supplementing with led to keep in veg for a while.
This is the end of week one of veg for me ,a month total from sprout. I wish I knew the strain, I'm thinking it may be a hybrid from the fatness of leaves. Not really fat like a lot of indicas and def not as thin as sativa. Any thought s on that?

Hi thanks bobrown! I had no idea about miracle grow. Soil used is miracle grows Nature Care. And tbh after digging a little bit after reading your post I feel like dumping my pot, which I won't because it's the perm
But I won't be using the product anymore or anything that is branded miracle grow
I topped and I'm using lst in an effort to utilize my grow space and lighting which isn't a whole lot to begin with.
I'm thinking of going outdoors and supplementing with led to keep in veg for a while.
This is the end of week one of veg for me ,a month total from sprout. I wish I knew the strain, I'm thinking it may be a hybrid from the fatness of leaves. Not really fat like a lot of indicas and def not as thin as sativa. Any thought s on that?
The plant in the ground in the pics below is a variety of Hindu Kush (100% indica), and the other is a Blue Cheese (80% indica). There is a pretty wide variance of phenotypes when you're dealing with landrace/heirloom strains, and phenotypes can vary even within a fairly stable strain. That said it definitely looks like it has some indica to it.
20200612_132333 (2).jpg20200612_132320.jpg

Very nice!!
I'm in week two now. I took some advice since I'm not familiar with how this strain grows and do not know what strain it even is. I untied her and let her straighten up. No lst on this grow as bobrown mentioned" why not just let it grow , this way I get an idea how she grows
Trying some foxfarm grow big. Applied today
Hoping to see some lush vegg start in the next couple days
Thanks though for all comments and advice. Keep them coming

Attachments

• IMG_20200616_160131739.jpg
    IMG_20200616_160131739.jpg
    800.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20200616_160125388.jpg
    IMG_20200616_160125388.jpg
    740.7 KB · Views: 79
Pretty early to tell.. dont worry about the Miracle stuff. Live and learn. You be fine just me being conscientious on where and whom I give my money to!

I totally agree. I'm growing Cheese as well. I'd let her be and watch and learn. It's a process, a fun learning curve. I'd jump in some journals to see picture and techniques.

Feel free to ask for help. I agree with Miracle Grow. People think it's a great way to start growing not realizing the environmental angle and can get hot. I use ProMix. It has a buffer in it so you don't have to PH. I have a lot going on so when Shed taught me that, it was such a game changer. Along with using Mega Crop Mr. S,(props :Namaste:). I have heard good things about Fox Farm. I think there are journals on here that are running Fox. It would be worth spending time crossing learning About Fox Farm and also about the strains you're growing. That way you will have support both ways. :love:
All strains have different phenotypes. So you may get some thin needle shaped leaves for sativa, the big fat plump leaves for Indica and somewhere in the middle will show. I find that the exciting part of growing, you never know what you're going to get until it's there. Have fun, enjoy the run. You got this!

My Cheese, holler anytime! We are here for ya!

Back
Top Bottom