First Grow: Sour Diesel, Outdoor 2020

Perfect. Will most likely order a fan sooner rather than later. This is invaluable advice man! Appreciate everyone's tips to help me have a successful grow.

Outdoor is legal here as long as it's in a greenhouse or similar enclosed area. The greenhouse makes it "indoor" per se. Also supposed to have locks on the doors. Thinking zip ties or a small bike cable to interlock the zipper doors at night mostly.

How much will one plant smell outdoors? One of my neighbors smokes weed all day every day but the other one is a bit more conservative from my observations...Not trying to disturb anyone's peace.
That is funny zip tie is a lock as one would have to cut it to gain entry, not a strong lock but we are talking a leglity not security.

The plant will be very stinky but if the other neighbor smokes 24/7 just sorta shrug and point in that direction if the conservative one looks at you funny :rofl: kidding of course

That is funny zip tie is a lock as one would have to cut it to gain entry, not a strong lock but we are talking a leglity not security.

The plant will be very stinky but if the other neighbor smokes 24/7 just sorta shrug and point in that direction if the conservative one looks at you funny :rofl: kidding of course

Lol I smoke outside all the time with no problem and that's probably just as intrusive. The yards are quite distant here so I'm not too concerned about it. Especially since their are no laws on smell, just the enclosure...

Lol I smoke outside all the time with no problem and that's probably just as intrusive. The yards are quite distant here so I'm not too concerned about it. Especially since their are no laws on smell, just the enclosure...

Could you imagine an officer shows up "Sir, we've had a few smell complaints. If ya don't uhhh turn down that loud we will have to issue a fine."

Could you imagine an officer shows up "Sir, we've had a few smell complaints. If ya don't uhhh turn down that loud we will have to issue a fine."

Hahaha slim to none though. They don't respond to smell complaints here anymore after legalization. Might try one of those odor buckets. Heard they are a decent alternative. Just dont want it to effect the terps or hinder them.

Hahaha slim to none though. They don't respond to smell complaints here anymore after legalization. Might try one of those odor buckets. Heard they are a decent alternative. Just dont want it to effect the terps or hinder them.
I don't do anything at all for smell

Got the monitor yesterday. It was reading extremely high out of the box, so the lower numbers are more accurate for what it was overnight.

Plant is not really flowering yet, still stretching. Should it be growing more pistils? Haven't given any food for bloom yet.

2nd picture: Today

3rd picture: 4 day difference

4th picture: 27 day difference

Attachments

• 20200822_083611.jpg
    20200822_083611.jpg
    766.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200822_083603.jpg
    20200822_083603.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200822_085058.jpg
    20200822_085058.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 20200822_105848.jpg
    20200822_105848.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
I'd be curious what the outside temp and RH are when the tent is at 127F.

If there's a huge difference between inside the tent and outside, improving the airflow could potentially do a lot.

I took it out of the tent asap to let it chill in the shade. Then put it back in around 100f. Seems fine with the exception of minor curling towards the top of the plant. No way to cool it unfortunately. This tent did come with a shade cloth that I incidentally lost...Will try to implement that soon...Although that only helps with light?

I took it out of the tent asap to let it chill in the shade. Then put it back in around 100f. Seems fine with the exception of minor curling towards the top of the plant. No way to cool it unfortunately. This tent did come with a shade cloth that I incidentally lost...Will try to implement that soon...Although that only helps with light?

The shade will decrease the amount of light on the tent/plant which will decrease the amount of heat! Definitely get the shade going.

The other thing is that there are probably easy and inexpensive ways to raise the RH in the tent. Even a wet towel in a bucket or something. This will help mitigate the high temperature.

Have you heard of VPD (vapour pressure deficit)? It's a function of temperature and RH. Check out this chart:

Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-5.jpg

The shade will decrease the amount of light on the tent/plant which will decrease the amount of heat! Definitely get the shade going.

The other thing is that there are probably easy and inexpensive ways to raise the RH in the tent. Even a wet towel in a bucket or something. This will help mitigate the high temperature.

Have you heard of VPD (vapour pressure deficit)? It's a function of temperature and RH. Check out this chart:

Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-5.jpg

:thanks:

Will be trying the wet bucket to raise the humidity during the day. Still need to find the shade cloth.

The chart is very helpful. Will read more i to this...

Welcome to the battle for the ages - temperature and RH :laugh:

Of course there's little point in looking up the VPD for where you're at right now - we know that it isn't ideal, obviously! What's more useful right now is simply understanding how VPD is a product of temperature and RH. How you can raise/lower one to help offset/counter the other.

Hmm if you can't find that shade cloth, a white sheet might work as a short-term solution.

Welcome to the battle for the ages - temperature and RH :laugh:

Of course there's little point in looking up the VPD for where you're at right now - we know that it isn't ideal, obviously! What's more useful right now is simply understanding how VPD is a product of temperature and RH. How you can raise/lower one to help offset/counter the other.

Hmm if you can't find that shade cloth, a white sheet might work as a short-term solution.

It's a much more delicate balance than I had originally thought...

Back
Top Bottom