First hydro attempt

Don't feel bad it is my full-time job too all you need is information and equipment to get there the rest of it is just patience and practice I spent all night setting up a new hydroponic setup to run my new nutrients now I have to start popping seeds for taking clones to fill this thing

I wouldnt mind bein a one man band but if I was to meet the right person I would entertain the thought of financing the facility if they took care of licensing

Once I use up what I got I can focus on more exact stuff. How do yall handle waste products? I plan to pour my used nute water on my vegetable garden.

Don't feel bad it is my full-time job too all you need is information and equipment to get there the rest of it is just patience and practice I spent all night setting up a new hydroponic setup to run my new nutrients now I have to start popping seeds for taking clones to fill this thing
I have just started my first Rdwc a month ago . sm 90 buy it and keep it in your system at low levels to prevent root rot. Alot cheaper than hydroguard and it really works
41c1db54951384f0781521dc64252778.jpg
0752b8a47024df388a6a4ecbe7774698.jpg

Thanks a bunch warrior. This is the part I like most. I dont feel like I am doing things wrong at this point because of little things folks like you share. And none no matter how small are brushed away anymore. When I am unsure I research and ask the more experienced. You presented a perfect example of where I am today. My options are leaning towards repotting before she gets much bigger or just letting her grow out of the bottom of her current one. That is the least traumatic of my percieved options. I can buy fancy stuff but I like to tinker. She is in one of these with holes in the bottom. My little plan having seen the roots on yours is to remove the bottom of her pot and secure the coco with a plastic mesh probly an onion bag or the like.
420-magazine-mobile364340243.jpg

My design centers around servicing the reservoir without disturbing the plant so my window of opportunity is small.
420-magazine-mobile356097319.jpg

I have all the stuff to upgrade her situation and a plan which basically just removes the pot she is in and fills in the bigger black pot with coco. I have a nice blue 6inch watering ring and the perty pebbles to cover the coco. But first and foremost I will do nothing till everything is considered.

420-magazine-mobile1654081247.jpg

If I had sent this pot to the waterin ring guys and said make one for this pot it would fit just like this. I know I been runnin a little hot in the 340 ppm for a new girl but my ph and tds have been steady for a week or so and she appears to be tolerating it. A tiny bit of burn and shes puttin out almost orange/yellow new growth but its greenin up nicely. I had the light on the low end that may have been a factor. I pumped out about a gallon and replaced with fresh up to temp ph correct water. Gonna see if I can get it down to the 200/250 or aprox 1/4 strength recommended

Well it sounds like u got some sense so u shouldn't have to many problems. If u do just ask. Im not a coco man though im soil and doing Rdwc now. She looks good right now.

keepin things as basic as possible is how I have learned to figures stuff out. I like to take the place of simple things instead of lettin some doohicky do it, even if its a simple tee fitting and a valve. First dilution got me down in the 280 ppm so I'm gonna do it again. Takes only seconds.
420-magazine-mobile1490499846.jpg

While I'm at it I tested my tap water against a bottle of nestle pure life water
My tap was 49 ppm nestle was 62. They both ph'd right on 6.0

Might as well throw the twig into the mix, she is the same age as the Dutchman but was taken from a girl that never did act right and got split in two by a falling light as well. I have done just about everything to her but set her on fire. She got to veg outside with the maters for a while but I dug her up and brought her inside a couple weeks ago,maybe 3. I bought the seeds as green cr--k. She is sitting under a mars600 and is quite happy about that. She has just started recieving bloom nutes. She is sitting in a mixture of organic mater nutes, epsome salts, bagged garden dirt and the all but nutrient devoid native soil here. She went 12/12 a few days ago.
420-magazine-mobile1042859756.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1115022753.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2139525532.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2095199564.jpg

My lab work for the day. Finally dabbled in adjusting the ppm of my mix, got it down to 230 from the last reading of 350. Ph has remained good and steady. She finally stretched out a tad and I trimmed a lot of the months old foliage that had gotten her through hibernation. It does look pretty but the water ring and the dog food lookin pebble things will hopefully keep her trunk out of direct water and of course the gnats are around but I've dealt with them before.
420-magazine-mobile780643839.jpg

I have been mullin over the whole molasses thing and I kinda wondered if the natural sugars from the maples is what we are after. The problem with molasses in hydro I am told is the viscosity which is sticky and gums stuff up. I live in the woods it would be childs play for me to tap a maple when they start runnin and get the sap its water thin and its just an uncooked version of molasses.

I have been mullin over the whole molasses thing and I kinda wondered if the natural sugars from the maples is what we are after. The problem with molasses in hydro I am told is the viscosity which is sticky and gums stuff up. I live in the woods it would be childs play for me to tap a maple when they start runnin and get the sap its water thin and its just an uncooked version of molasses.
Stay away from it brother. Your plant can eat its own leaves for sugar. Im running a 6 pack of buckets and in no way would I gum up the system. I know your in a single unit,but honestly it changes the natural taste of your strains,

It was really kind of a theroetical question I am still extra cautious about what goes in the mix. All my nutes are advanced nutes cept for one bloom nute. I have some bud candy I was told would be ok so I'm gonna adjust my next mix and add just a tad of that just for the heck of it.

Hey guys I'm new to dwc hydroponics and I only have the GH 3 bottle nutes the green purple n pink bottle, and i also have some cal mag .will these do or do I need to buy more? What about the anti root rot stuff? Is it worth it? And what are some nutes yall would recommend I definitely a tell need? ?? Thanks guys and sorry if I'm fxxkin with your thread.

Back
Top Bottom