Cultivators Coco Crop

From what i've heard it's better not to use plain water like reversed osmose or distilled water, because it lacks a lot of salts, no water is entirely pure, it's property of water not to stay pure.

I would only use it when you exactly know what you are doing or when you've experimented or are experimenting a bit in nutrient requirements of plants.

There can be a big difference between the two kinds of water, tap or distilled. Depends on area of living and thus growing. Some areas/companies use a lot of chelate ions to bind the calcium for example. So it might not taste like calcium carbonated water but it still contains a lot of Ca.

Too get rid of the chlorine I usually let the water rest for a couple of hours till a couple of days at the most, after that i refresh the water.
One or two hours is often enough i think, I can also recommend this when water is used for drinking, too much Cl is just bad for ya.
Some periods the water contains more chlorine than in other periods during the year, smell it when just tapped.
Pouring the water over from container to container couple of times helps dissolving more oxygen temporarily, which in return seems to get rid of the chlorine faster. It also dissolves more oxygen in water which can be good or bad. Too much can cause ions to bind with the oxygen coming from your fertilizer. Letting the water rest for a while will help getting rid of the extra O. Just let the water stabilize with the gasses in the room.
Dissolving extra oxygen just before watering is uber, as much as possible, roots love it, and a lot of helpful bacteria love it.

Just think of a waterfall (water naturally falling into water dissolves O, like oxygen rich water is essential to life in those waterfall lakes ). There are of course other methods to dissolve more O into water, some techniques come from ancient Brazil for instance. If farmers created such oxygenated watering they would yield more.
Oxygen in water also is a self cleaning agent, seems to bind dirt.
With every pour watch the color and shininess of the water.

Thanks krip, i thought as much but my base nutes do have a small amount ca and mg just mustnt be enough. Plus i've just switched to a different nute range so still finding feet with it. i'll just add call mag.

Thanks for input ph but i switched from tap water cos it was too hard in my area causing other probs. In my opinion it better to have super clean water so i know exactly what is going into it. I agree about oxygen, i add liquid oxygen now and again and the roots love it.

I have been using tap water over ten years, just letting it sit alone doesnt erradicate chlorine, u need to bubble it out. Its just easier and cleaner the way i do it now as i have a large supply R/0 water and i'll just adjust as necessary now. Plus this way i have control of everything my plants get.

Plants have perked up nicely. I will be switching light cycle tonight. At midnight the lights will go off until 8am Monday morning. They will then be on from 8am til 8pm. I always give 24/36 hours darkness before switching as it starts flower and stretch much faster than simply switchin str8 18/6-12/12. I will Def get a pic update in next day or so. Been having some technical issuse with both camera and pc but there'll be stretch pics, before switch and after. Also my cloning guide and my aeroclones, oh and my mothers and my new mother room! phewwww

Ok here are the pics i took yesterday. Plants are now in total darkness untill mon morning. Must apologise for quality of pics here as they arent great.

IMG-20120218-00086.jpg

IMG-20120218-00088.jpg

IMG-20120218-00089.jpg

Northumberland-20120218-00091.jpg

And here are my 3 mothers
Northumberland-20120218-00093.jpg

Nice setup you have there Cultivator, hope you have sorted your cal/mag problem, i found it near on impossible to get cal/mag in the UK no one sold it i had to buy them separate and mix together myself, what make did you manage to get hold of ?

Check your fertilizer you shouldn't really get cal/mag problems with that stuff, if you are using RO water you need the soft water range to compensate for the lack in the water supply also coco leeches and binds magnesium making it unavailable to the plant, so you should even select a coco specific nutrient. Im using plant magic Coco A+B soft water range with my RO and let me tell you the results are simply amazing, we cant get BPN so get the next best thing, believe me you will be a customer for life!

:thumb:

Nice setup you have there Cultivator, hope you have sorted your cal/mag problem, i found it near on impossible to get cal/mag in the UK no one sold it i had to buy them separate and mix together myself, what make did you manage to get hold of ?

Check your fertilizer you shouldn't really get cal/mag problems with that stuff, if you are using RO water you need the soft water range to compensate for the lack in the water supply also coco leeches and binds magnesium making it unavailable to the plant, so you should even select a coco specific nutrient. Im using plant magic Coco A+B soft water range with my RO and let me tell you the results are simply amazing, we cant get BPN so get the next best thing, believe me you will be a customer for life!

:thumb:

I had to buy separate cal/mag too and it is proving to be bit of a nightmare. I was using the House & Garden A+B which has no calcium or mag in. However on my last grow i used Bionova A+B and after checking contents that does contain it. So i have a specific coco nute and will see if it helps. Still getting some yellowing but it seems to have slowed down so will monitor over the next week or so and see how it goes. I'll check out the plant magic range. thanks for tip mate.

So I am finished week 1 of flower now and plants are stretching nicely. The big bang looks like it be great for a scrog. I added 12 2litre hempy/dwc (twleve) style today. However i am going to veg a week as clones were done in jiffy pellets and the roots werent substantial enough to put straight on 12/12. This will be a small trial run along side my main grow to iron out any issues then when i move to my new grow spot in 3 weeks i will be looking to have 4 600w with 160 hempy/dwc on a perpetual grow. Very similar to 420fieds new set up, so i am watching that very carefully indeed. Here are a couple pics but quality is not great. my camera is broken and only have a crappy mobile to take pics with. I am trying to get funds together for a good camera soon. Good pics make for good journals!

IMG00009-20120229-1357.jpg

IMG00007-20120229-1312.jpg

Well all i got to say today is, I FUCKING HATE NOSEY BASTARD NEIGHBOURS or any other person who cant mind the own fucking business!!!!

Neighbour knocked on door saying he could smell green (oops) so i assure him it not me etc then tackle odour immediately with rhino filter on one end extraction and ona gel + can filter on exit, job done. Next thing his dick head girlfriend putting on facebook she thinks next door doing a grow and maybe she'll ask for some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is wrong with people? Honestly some people infuriate me. Infact that putting it very very lightly.....................

I had know problem getting some cal-mag from my local hydro shop.

First of all i'd like to apologise for my rant above. I was raging when i wrote it but i have resolved the issue now. But it goes to show u just cant be too careful as u never know how others will react.

Secondly I also apologise about the lack of updates and posts, i have been so busy with work and other commitments that it has been tricky......

So here is a pic of my grow at the start of 3 weeks flowering. All is looking good. Cal/mag is under control and plants look vibrant. Have a little issue with the diff size of plants of the diff strains but it is a minor issue really. All are starting to flower now and there are no signs of hermies or males. I usually end up with 1 or 2 hermies from femmed seed so i'll continue to monitor the situation. The big bang from greenhouse seeds really are quality femmed seeds, no mutations and they just look vibrant. the A.M.S on the other hand is a little more unstable. I find there are more mutants and hermies but the ones that are ok produce immense resin coated buds and once i can grow a suitable mother i belive it will be on of the very best strains for the hempy method. This is due to the heavy main cola and lack of too many side branches when grown in big pots (unless trained), it just seems natural for a hempy grow. Speaking of hempy i am currently constructing a new grow room which will be dedicated to the 2l hempy/dwc method. I will be doing the first batch with cuttings of flying dutchman pure until my A.M.S and Big Bang mothers are mature enough to provide cuttings. I'll then do a comparassin grow and see how things progress. That will most likely be in a diff journal however, but i shall let u guys know soon enough.

So here are some pics of my current state of play. Quality isnt the best but until i can afford a new camera its best i can do im afraid.....

Looking very bushy the indica big bangs. Big defoliation next week.
IMG00031-20120306-1048.jpg

IMG00030-20120306-1030.jpg

IMG00028-20120306-1030.jpg

IMG00026-20120306-1029.jpg

IMG00025-20120306-1026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom