First hydro attempt

LOL how long did it take you to break yourself from looking at them I know people that have been doing this for years and cannot stop looking at them I look at my plants for maybe 5 minutes each plant every day

I think there is a fine line between studying staring longingly for hours. Avoiding Light damage to my one remaining eye is way up there on the list and the tons of other stuff I do around here cant wait to have a good garden next year

Hope all works out for you.
Some info on EC/TDS.
MAXIMUMYIELD has a lot of good info on hydroponics.
Even tho not Cannabis related. The principles apply.

LMAO at least you can admit it I have some friends that spend all day with their plants and still don't get enough and they can't even run photoperiods inside because they bothers them to keep the tint closed

I like to keep busy while they do their thing, the larger buckets and some other little things should be here soon so I can start on the better version of the high tech grow bucket hydro thingy. Also have a little somethin comin for my other little project in the bath tub which will play a big part in the hydro grow when its done in the tub. I also have a plan to get her into a larger pot before she gets too far along. I have visions of the roots/coco in the pot crumbling apart so I have devised a method to surgically remove the pot basically cut it off very carefully. I can do it. The very last of the shell of the pot will be split and held together. Placed into the pot back filled with coco and then gently pull out the halves of the pot leaving the coco/roots as intact as possible.

This is a beautiful thing to see first thing this mornin
420-magazine-mobile385006175.jpg

Fantastic 320 ppm I am getting closer to the "sweet spot".
The tds meter actually being an ohm meter as I suspected is according to the meter peeps only going to give a ball park idea of the tds. The only way to get hard numbers is to evaporate all the water from a sample and weigh the remaining solids

6 inches tall today. I'm gonna transform one of my $11 chicken house heater lamps into a studio quality photographic light thingy as we all hate the purple light pics

If you dont have one and have considered an ultra sonic cleaner I highly recommend them. A good one isnt that much and they have almost infinate used. One of my little side things while I'm NOT LOOKING at my plants is how to clean my bowl and keep my fingers clean. Five minutes of heat and ultrasonic waves with a very little simple green in the water shakes the res loose and sorta turns it into a little soap encased tar ball thats not sticky and falls away leaving a nice shiny fresh bowl after a quick rinse and dry
420-magazine-mobile1151425077.jpg

Another thing I caught myself not doing right was not making sure the probes on my meter were fully submerged in my sample
420-magazine-mobile1361340208.jpg

Ripped from her mother in flower stage she spent a month in my homemade rooting machine, didnt root so she got rooting powder and a rockwool cube and was stuck in a class vase thing for two months with only water and sunlight through the window. She started as a rooting experiment but I have decided she might make a fun project while I learn some of the ins and outs of basic hydro growing. I had a somewhat succesfull first grow in soil and I am lookin forward to my newest adventure.
420-magazine-mobile1245735855.jpg

I should also include her grow, a simple home made hydro setup, the medium is coco, lighting is currently a mars300 running 19/5.

Seems as though my brand new ecosystem is stabilizing now this is the third ph that has not required correction and my last four tds readings which I take more often than the twice daily ph have been hangin steady at 340. How the heck do yall get away with starin at yalls plants? I stay busy just tryin to keep up and hopefully slightly ahead of mine.
420-magazine-mobile1614395146.jpg
420-magazine-mobile184859172.jpg

Hopefully soon she will have untangled herself enough for me to count her branches right now I can hardly see her stem much less count anything

Right now this is my full time job. I devote 8 hours a day to study and lab work. My sort of plans are to add this skill to my toolbox. In a broad look at my sort of plan the ability to maintain every part of the grow PROFESSIONALLY! Not just a stoner starin at a plant. By this I mean the ability to manage it as a business.

Back
Top Bottom