First hydro attempt

What about the anti root rot stuff? Is it worth it?

Well for me it's definitely worth it. I run a 20 and 10 gallon reservoir for ebb and flow and my temps run up to the mid to upper 70's at times and I use z7 in both of them. Can't vouch for other products that are similar because I'm really happy with the z7. Also plan on using it in my cloner bucket for the fist time soon.

Hi Dirtbagg join right in I need help with advise on the same subjects, some real nice guys cruise through and check on me and give good advise

Yea u need more than what u have . hydroguard or sm 90 I use sm 90 through my grow to prevent root rot and it keeps my system super clean. Cal Mac yes. Overdrive or bud candy . im using house and garden nutes and im doing very well on mine so far

I have a little 120x but thats not enough. Just got the new mars600 aint heard about that yet from the bookkeeper. Shes so used to seein me walkin around with some strange contraption I just walk right by with anything new. Better lay low for a while on the credit card! Even though it really aint really that much. I used to make sure I left the house with an empty gun case if I was pickin up somethin new, just walk in no questions asked she was so used to seein me with gun stuff. Till the card bill arrives

420-magazine-mobile333678925.jpg

Hehehe

420-magazine-mobile1376058091.jpg
420-magazine-mobile436478222.jpg
420-magazine-mobile958294662.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1375044285.jpg

Started the twig on some water now alternating with her bloom nutes. Man is she startin to raise a stink!

First change since I lowered my ppm. Looks just a tad high on the ph. 228 ppm today. I'm not gonna do anything and see what it looks like later. If it comes back down that tells me I might be in the fluctuation range.
420-magazine-mobile602742575.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1450877267.jpg
420-magazine-mobile154866245.jpg

Five inches tall today.

Now I am gonna upgrade, the ec function requires calibrating but the ph seems to be right in line with my manual tests. I already have an ec meter. It was kinda nice to see 6.5 on it I knew I was a tad high
420-magazine-mobile1637838965.jpg

Since I am now studying roots the ppm on this is 69 but the ph went up to the top of the scale. Its sloughing off the dead stuff maybe thats why, gonna change the water twice a day for a while. Also gonna give just the stem a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner then a quick dip and rinse in a weak bleach solution to see what it does to the mold on it.
420-magazine-mobile645059236.jpg

The soil the twig is in has a history, when these mountains went from flat to wrinkly the trees took over. Over millions of years they got as big as the redwoods out west. The only new soil was created as the trees shed. The problem was it had only had time to get about 9 feet thick. After they cut every fucking living thing except for a small remaining stand of old growth they left a great big pile of dead stuff which their little gear drive logging train engines set on fire. The whole region burned and what little soil left that didnt wash into the streams was basically sterilized. Its very almost sandy and drains very fast. The mud here doesnt really stick to stuff it acts funny.
420-magazine-mobile1629589011.jpg

6.7 ph this am, lookin into this I read a rise in ph may indicate the plant is starting to process the nutrients especially in young plants just starting to veg so it is actually a good sign. My rise is 6.0 to 6.7 and it didnt jump up it went up very gradually.I dont want to use any ph correctors at this point. Ppm is steady 230 and she is busy doin her thing.

Got my tds up to 350 added 1/2 gallon of full strength nute mix ph went down to 6.5 let er run ror a while

New mix and better set up. Added ms90 to the mix. Prepped the mix per the ms90 guys instructions. Added it to the water first, ph came up like he said, let it sit a bit then added my nutes at a little less than half strength and the ph came back down. Starting numbers were 510 ppm at 6.5 ph didnt have to adjust it.

Back
Top Bottom