First Hydro Grow! Very Detailed Journal with Many Pics! Help the Noob!

back again dudes! the ladies are now 4 wks old and are lookin better with each day. the Bud XL that was added last week has frosted the immature buds wit resin glands and it smells terrific :grinjoint: i took these pics after trimming about three dozen fan leaves to expose some of the lower bud sites and increase air circulation so the garden might look thinned out compared to last week, but the buds are substantially larger :thumb: also, ive grown this strain 2 times previously in soil and i can say wit certainty that these buds @ 4wks in hydro look exactly like the buds @ 6wks in soil lol about a 2wk difference... enjoy the pics!

Photo_1114.jpg

Photo_145.jpg

Photo_126.jpg

Photo_1310.jpg

(same nug from last 2 updates)

week 5 update! just mixed new nutes for the ladies which now includes Shooting Powder, a late flowering additive from H&G that is supposed to kick the last 2-3 wks of flowering into overdrive. im stoked to see how that goes as its said to increase yields up to 20% :grinjoint: enjoy the pics, next week should be looking much different :thumb:

Photo_108.jpg

Photo_85.jpg

Photo_1115.jpg

Photo_1710.jpg

Photo_1312.jpg

again, same nug from the last 3 or 4 updates, really startin to put the weight on :cheer:

annnnndddd here we go again! ladies are 6 weeks old, lookin REAL good, covered in trichs, smellin terrific, and have shown great response to the Shooting Powder that was added 1 week ago. the gains in bud girth that i have experienced lately far surpass what ive been used to from soil grows, and i know this will be one of my best harvests yet. the buds are maturing a bit quicker in the hydro as well so it looks like ill begin flushing in a week!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

as usual, sorry bout the picture quality... they do the buds NO JUSTICE! try to enjoy anyway :ganjamon:

Photo_1010.jpg

Photo_219.jpg

Photo_78.jpg

Photo_127.jpg

UPDATE: 3 days till harvest! :cheer: Im outta town for the weekend and the girls will be getting plain water while im gone to flush them out. Ill post pics within the next week to show them before the trimming starts as well as some good pics of the root mass and nugs, so keep an eye out! peace dudes :smokin:

HARVEST!!! the ladies finally got the chop and i have to say that im more than impressed wit the results i got from this hydro set up, the buds are nice and dense, frosted all over, and smell terrific. im estimating 4oz's once dried which is a solid yield for 6 small plants and a 400watt :grinjoint: cant wait to burn some of this up in 2 weeks, stay tuned for the smoke report :grinjoint:

Photo_79.jpg

Photo_220.jpg

Photo_65.jpg

Photo_319.jpg

Photo_89.jpg

ROOTS!!!

Photo_1012.jpg

PILE OF NUGS!!!

Photo_1313.jpg

Photo_128.jpg

AH.... SUCCESS!!!

thanks dude! id love to have over a qp, that would be my biggest yield ever on 6 plants of that size, by more than 2oz! im a hydro grower now for sure after these results, and after how easy it was im annoyed i spent so much time is soil! haha all for the better tho, was good experience and a great basis for comparison to the hydro. my largest top cola looks like it could be as much as 5g when dried, which will also be my largest single nug size :) thanks again for the post!

Hey no problem, I am doing 4 plants right now in a hydro, 25 days in veggie right now. Hoping I get at least 1/4 out of mine. hell I hope I keep them alive. lol

:adore::adore::adore:

Congrats man on the successful harvest!! Cure those babies out and smoke them up!

Are you gonna throw them in some jars after they dry out a bit?

This was without a question one of the coolest Grow Journals ever.

You moved them from Veg to Flower so quickly, I am curious as to if I could ask you a question regarding my small op.

At what age/size did you move them over. I to like the smaller plants and would like to switch to flower asap.
Thanks alot for the great journal and any info you could share regarding mine would be great.
New Blueberry Kush Grow, Minimal experience Ever Smoking

THANK YOU GUYS! definitely stoked to see so many comments!

Reefa, i'll leave the buds hanging until theyre dry enough for the stems to "snap", not fold, then they get put in mason jars for a solid week-10 days. i open the lid 3-4 times a day and by the end of the 5th or 6th day the wet grass smell fades away and the sweet stank of kush is left behind :ganjamon:

0115790, the clones i had were real small so i vegged for 4 1/2 weeks, but as long as they are 8"-12" your good to go. after 1 week into flowering i top the main cola and any secondary colas that seem to be stretching a lot, that gets me a nice even canopy. i also cut off nearly all big excess fan leaves as well to expose lower bud sites to light and ensure that my nutes go to bud growth, not leaf growth lol blueberry is an excellent strain to use this topping technique with, good luck!

LED-FREAK,
I can eye ball an ounce from outer space with my glasses on
HAHA!! thats hysterical dude, and i can only hope your right! :thumb: i always underestimate my harvest cuz i dont like to end up wit less than i predict lol 5.5+ would be amazing, and i'll know in a week so check back! and regarding the nug size, my largest nug so far in soil was 2.5g... WEAK... lol i have to believe i have nugs over an 8th in this harvest tho, theyre so dense and the calyx's are swollen and frosted to perfection, a few even have some purple!! :ganjamon: never had that before in soil...

peace dudes!

Oh ya man you busted out a bit more then 4zips. I can eye ball an ounce from outer space with my glasses on. You are in the ball park of 5.5+ I bet. LOL I hope I am right, and you will be real damn happy!

How do they compare to your soil nugs? Any larger?

LMAO you a trip man. How long did this cycle last? I read on another page you said they were six weeks old, is that six weeks of flower or from seeds? How long did you flower for and wat hrs did you use the regular 18/6 and 12/12 or what? Sorry for the 21 questions just trying to get some input :) :rollit:

i vegged from clone (24/0 wit MH) till they were 8-10 inches, topped em, and then flowered for 7.5 weeks (12/12 wit HPS). i still think i have around 4zips but LED FREAK says its more lol ill know within a week tho! peace

after 1 week into flowering i top the main cola and any secondary colas that seem to be stretching a lot, that gets me a nice even canopy

Thanks for the info man, I look forward to trying this out, not sure what you mean by colas? Could you elaborate so I cna try this out or even if you could suggest a good article on here.
Thanks again , things turned out great for you!!!! Enjoy

THE VERDICT: 4.5oz

Photo_57.jpg

Photo_810.jpg

and this is the best close up i could get wit the shitty camera, but nugs are frosted to hell and are real dense, no gaps; and tho they're still curing, the first sample i tried out of the bong was smooth, tasty, and and slowed things down a bit the way a good bubba strain should :smokin:

gotta say THANK YOU to everyone who posted anything at all in this first grow journal of mine, many good ideas and i definitely learned a few things. im currently in the process of moving but have no fear, i will be back within the month wit the new grow space up and running. it's gonna be a perpetual grow tent wit some bigger lights :cheer: stay tuned!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom