Ok Noob First Grow

re: Ok Noob First Grow

Day 38 of flower and I am happy!

My "teacher" had me come by to look at his grow. Mine Are Bigger!!! Thanks BPN!

All buckets changed out and wiped down over the weekend. Plants look AMAZING! I will do a major trimming/ de leafing tonight. I want MORE light to hit bud sites. I also want more leaves for my butter. I have 2 oz of leaf and an 1/8th of OG Kush i will throw in the butter. I think I may wait until I have 3 oz leaf and the 1/8th for a pound o butter. The leaf is COVERED in trichs so it should be a Great batch of cookies...
2-26-12_10_inch_bud.jpg

You have seen all the other pics and not much change. Here is a 10" Bud .

Fantastic looking plants..you should be proud...i don't have to use my potted plant to start a hydro..just had 2 seeds pop in rockwool..you ever do a outside DWC???

Nope, First time ever growing for real... I am thinking I am doing something right. The only reason I am doing anything right is ALL YOU GUYS AND GIRLS HERE!!!!

Thanks for the help everyone...

:circle-of-love:

Cool, Thanks Chief! She is fine, she was in transition from soil to water. Starting to perk up. But thanks again.

.................waiting for 9pm for lights on.................:slide:

Gonna trim leaves (see above)and do bongs of purple urkle x bubba kush..hehe

He wouldn't do that. I know he has to be busy with all the journals he has to watch. I felt that way a while back too though....

Hang in there Bass I am still watching...reading... and thanks to you last nite spent 2 hours taking leaves off my plants.....LOL I love doing it. It is ARTISTIC!!! I feel like i am shaping my buds and beautifiying my plants. They look better and I think they grow better.
So thanks for sharing your methods!!!

Today is day 39.

Stopped and picked up a new CO2 bottle today for flower room. I spent 1 1/2-2 hours trimming/de-leafing the indicas last night at lights on. They still look great and are getting so sticky. I was so sticky after trimming leaves.... It was funny cause when I went to sleep I could still smell it even though I washed my hands well.

Any way I tried a process on the leaves that Willie told me about. I put them in the oven @260 degrees for 20 mins.....Stunk my whole house up.... Tonight I will, if I can, make a pound of butter with 3+ oz leaves and 1/8 oz OG Kush and some old dry buds I have in reserve. Then I will make more cookies.....

I am thinking that I will most likely start to Flush next week and start to harvest the next weekend. I expect to take the top 1/2 of each Spoetnik plant and then let them continue for 2 more weeks. At that time I will take the top of the #2 and finish the Spoetnik's. 2 more weeks for the #2 and I will take the G13 Haze to complete the harvest sometime end of March to middle of April Depending on what the plants have to say about things....

Keep your fingers crossed for me, things are about to get FUN!!!

Hey where is the best place to get JARS for me to cure???.... Or just where does everyone like to buy their jars?

iirc I think the best price I last found was Ace Hardware. You can even google it for your area and check inventory online the call to confirm.

Actually I found my jars at garden store and the dollar store. How ya been,Kaiser? Now are you saying youre gonna cut the Colas off and continue to let flower? And when did you decide to take all the leaves off? Thought someone told me to wait til like the day before harvest?

Actually I found my jars at garden store and the dollar store. How ya been,Kaiser? Now are you saying youre gonna cut the Colas off and continue to let flower? And when did you decide to take all the leaves off? Thought someone told me to wait til like the day before harvest?

Queen- Yes I am going to take the first half the plant at harvest and let them continue to let the lower buds mature.

As far as the leaves, I didn't even come close to taking all the leaves off. Just the ones covering other bud sites. I want all the light to help! I did clean up a few of the colas. I really feel like I am creating art when trimming them up. They look so much better when I do this. They are also not so overgrown.

:Namaste:

:bravo:Just skimmed threw whole journal...glad you decided to stay....Plants look incredible....wow that is one huge save from page one to now.....:bravo:

Thanks IGG, I am happy with the turnaround. But what story would be exciting if there wasn't good bad and then good again for a happy (Stoney) ending.

Well no time like now for todays update...

SO I cooked 3.5 oz leaves and 3.5g og kush 1/2 g hash some vaped stuff and some old dried up buds I never smoked and 1 pound butter and some water for 3 hours . Put it thru some cheese cloth and now its in the fridge.

Lights on at 9pm plants look and smell great.

Started to PH all veg buckets but ph meter died. Gave them all a shot of PH down. Will have to hit grow shop tomorrow.

Hooked up a new bottle of CO2 for flower room. Closed the room up and now am off to the airport to pick a friend up.

Welcome again IGG!!:high-five:

Miwa- I have a very bad back and neck. I was getting spinal injections in my neck last year until I tried some medicated cookies. They have helped the pain so much I have not gotten a spinal injection since 11-30-2011. SO I intend to keep making medicated cookies to help control my pain. With the butter I made last night,1 pound, I saved myself $320 by not buying 4 jars of butterwhich is equal to 1 pound. It instead cost me $2.50 for butter, $2.00 a package for cookie mix and some time to make the butter and cookies. Each spinal injection cost $2900 and I would get them every 2 weeks to a month. BTW- each stick of butter I get 30-36 cookies...
I am very excited to not have to get those shots and save that money....

Back
Top Bottom