Ok Noob First Grow

re: Ok Noob First Grow

All is well in flower and veg.
Changed the water/nutes in 8 Of 12 buckets.
New additionto veg. A friend of mine gave me a 20" tall White Widow because he thinks it might be a male I wasn't sure. So I took it to experiment with. I stopped by the hydro store too get the fixings for another bucket. The guy at the HS said that it is a female and pointed out a Hair. He said it could possibly go hermi but it is now a female. SO I now have a new bucket added to the room.
I plan on letting it grow in veg, till my current flower is complete. I will start applying colloidal silver approx 1 week prior to switching it to flower. Hopefully the outcome will be a small part or the plant to produce seeds while the rest produces good meds. At that time it will be the only thing in flower....

SO I figured I had to add a pic of my new young one being added to my room. Damn its getting full. I can't wait to start using the colloidal silver.

Anyway this plant was in dirt. I kicked off the dirt and rinsed it in my sink to get the remaining dirt off the roots and put in a hydro bucket. It seems to be transitioning fairly well. She was kinda droopy when I got her and then drove around town for about an hour... But she is looking pretty good as of this morning.
White_Widow_2-19-12.JPG

white widow 2-19-12

oh ya and I did have one fatality. Well not fatality yet. I guess I busted a cola while watering the 2 sativas in soil. I went to try to tape it back up to support it, but no go. Right now I have it "Twist Tied" up in place. If I see it still wilting I will clip it off and dry/cure it for my first sample. Looks great!
Things are starting to frost up real well!

Thanks Miwa. I really don't think there should be a problem with the transition. I can see in just a few hours that the plant was happy. Now after the whole nite the plant is starting to uncurl those leaves a bit more. They were curled when I picked the plant up. To see them uncurl and straighten out will be a good thing.

SO I figured I had to add a pic of my new young one being added to my room. Damn its getting full. I can't wait to start using the colloidal silver.

Anyway this plant was in dirt. I kicked off the dirt and rinsed it in my sink to get the remaining dirt off the roots and put in a hydro bucket. It seems to be transitioning fairly well. She was kinda droopy when I got her and then drove around town for about an hour... But she is looking pretty good as of this morning.
White_Widow_2-19-12.JPG

white widow 2-19-12

oh ya and I did have one fatality. Well not fatality yet. I guess I busted a cola while watering the 2 sativas in soil. I went to try to tape it back up to support it, but no go. Right now I have it "Twist Tied" up in place. If I see it still wilting I will clip it off and dry/cure it for my first sample. Looks great!
Things are starting to frost up real well!

Well I am surprised that no one chimed in about the picture I posted. The majority of the people I have shown the plant to said it was a male due to the growing traits. All my fems have lots of arms, this plant is straight up and down....Typical male growth.

Anyone wanna chime in? Am I correct?Wrong?

Well I think I might just seed the plant if he is male. I will put to flower when current flowering is done.

Well I am surprised that no one chimed in about the picture I posted. The majority of the people I have shown the plant to said it was a male due to the growing traits. All my fems have lots of arms, this plant is straight up and down....Typical male growth.

Anyone wanna chime in? Am I correct?Wrong?

Well I think I might just seed the plant if he is male. I will put to flower when current flowering is done.

Don't bet on that plant being a male..wait until you see the nuts...

Don't bet on that plant being a male..wait until you see the nuts...
:thumb:

I could be wrong, but unless they have seen the plants sex, how the fuck would they know? Sounds like wannabe knowitalls. Again, I could be wrong, but nothing I have ever read implies one can tell before the plant shows itself.

Thanks Chief! Kick back not long to go on round one. BTW you came in at a great time as today is picture day....
This is my Number 2. It seems to be about 2-4 week behind the spoetnicks even though its an older plant
Number_2_2-22-12.JPG

Spoetnick. Looking awesome. Buds everywhere. Lots of Trichs!!!
Spoetnick_2-22-12.JPG

Next the spoetnick with the 2 soil G13 haze in the background.
Spoetnick_and_g13haze_2-22-12.JPG

Spoetnick Kola
main_frosty_kola_spoetnick_2-22-12.JPG

Another Spoetnick Top Kola
main_frosty_kola_spoetnick_2-22-12_pic_2.JPG

yep and looks better then it did in soil. I will try to remember to post a pic for you after work. At this point I would say no worries to transplant from soil to hydro. I even used the sprayer from the sink to rinse the roots....

yep and looks better then it did in soil. I will try to remember to post a pic for you after work. At this point I would say no worries to transplant from soil to hydro. I even used the sprayer from the sink to rinse the roots....

Fantastic...going to fill my bucket now...

Miwa like I said, this plant was grown from seed in soil. I got the plant at 20" tall and looking healthy except for some droopy leaves. I knocked off as much dirt in a plastic bag, to save, as I could and took to the sink to wash off the roots. I used a medium spray of warm water to thoroughlyclean all dirt off of the roots. I then placed them in my 10" netpot and protected the roots while dumping the hydroton pebbles into the pot. Thats about it. The driprings are working well and I gave about 25% BPN nutes for the age of the plant and added 3ml of cal mag just for good measure. I then PH'd the water again 24hrs later just as a check...it did rise and I had to adjust down.(7-6) just remember soils PH is 7 and hydro is 5.8-6, or at least thats the range I try too keep.

I wanted to post a couple pics of my new thermometers. I found these on Amazon. Theye have a guage that you can use above the light and one at the bud tips along with a min max feature. They cost $8.56. A friend of mine uses them and thats how I found out about them. Very Cool!
First is the display unit.
New_temp_guage_part_1.jpg

next is the sensor that hangs down
New_temp_guage_part_2.jpg

Very cool !

Flower room looks great.

Veg eh.... I have been dealing with PH issues again in veg. Looks like i will need to address that 2 times a day to stop the big changes. Might lose a couple clones....That is ok as I have plenty in there and could not take all the duration.

Was adding the extra fill in T8 lights last night. Found that the 200+ bulbs I was given, only 3 good ones. I will have to get 6 new ones today and put the extra lights in tonight.

Day 35 of flowering 12/12.

Lights on in 8 mins.

Pics may follow shortly.

I am excited to see them today.

Pic/ Update

The hairs are starting to turn orange. I got 2 new 30x jewelers loupes in the mail from amazon today cost $9.46 for 2. Trichs clear... Buds are Thick and Solid. My guess is 95-115 grams per plant except the G13 Haze, that my guess is 50-60 grams per plant...
Day_35_Flower_2-24-12_pic_1.jpg

Day_35_Flower_2-24-12_pic_2.jpg

Day_35_Flower_2-24-12_pic_3.jpg

Day_35_Flower_2-24-12_pic_4.jpg

Day_35_Flower_2-24-12_pic_5.jpg

Day_35_Flower_2-24-12_pic_6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom