Ok Noob First Grow

re: Ok Noob First Grow

Wooo Hooo!!!!!! Good News!!!!!! After taking a closer look...My Northern Lights #5 is still kicking......

I went out to turn the lights on and check on the girls. I noticed it was kinda quiet. So as I took the heater out and moved the girls back into their places for best light, I also noticed the buckets were real light. Ended up changing and filling the water adding nutes and ph to 5.9. The girls are still downing better then a gallon a day. Every 3 days I change out the water and add more nutes increasing each time. Still only at 8.5ml part a and 9ml part b with 3ml bloom booster and 3ml calmag. Thats not per gallon but per bucket(approx 4 gal's).
Anyway I also changed the water in the last bucket with a NL5 in it. I knocked off all the dead leaves and there was Good Green small leaves in the center. So I changed the water add 2.5 ml a&b and calmag and ph'd.... hopefully will come back around.

2 of the 3 Grand daddy Purple seeds sprouted along with 1 chem 4d. No blueberry yum yet.

Glad and Honored to have both you and Steve, GT. I am all ears and eyes if ya have advice.

Today is day 15 of flower and all is well. Today I am either going to borrow some CFL's from a friends or since I have 200+ T8 bulbs, I might just go buy 4x 4' 2 bulb T8 lights and hang them from the ceiling sideways to use as fill in lighting. Being the room is 10 long 2 of them on each length side should provide light for the entire lenght of the room down low.

I just want to make sure the lower buds get enough light...

Glad and Honored to have both you and Steve, GT. I am all ears and eyes if ya have advice.

Today is day 15 of flower and all is well. Today I am either going to borrow some CFL's from a friends or since I have 200+ T8 bulbs, I might just go buy 4x 4' 2 bulb T8 lights and hang them from the ceiling sideways to use as fill in lighting. Being the room is 10 long 2 of them on each length side should provide light for the entire lenght of the room down low.

I just want to make sure the lower buds get enough light...

It is I that am honored. :Namaste:

And too much light? Hmm, never heard an indoor grower say this...maybe too much heat, too much mold, water, etc, but not light....why not hang all 200?
j/k

The fans arrived today. Hoping my buddy will be here tomorrow to put the 4 new lights in and the exhaust fan and intake fans in.

Uh Once again , I just can't leave well enough alone....

After following another thread for awhile and reading a second dif thread about the same topic, I decided to do some defoliation. Not to the extreme that the guys in the other threads did but just some minor defoliation. I found any leaf that fully blocked a bud point from the light. Damn its like having twice as many buds.... I just wanted ALL the buds to develope properly. I don't think I really did too much damage to them. And I only did 2 of the plants...the #2 really needed it.

The pics are before defoliation on 2-6-12. I will try to post after pics in the morning
Spoetnick_2-6-12_pic4.jpg

Spoetnick_2-6-12_pic3.jpg

Spoetnick_2-6-12_pic2.jpg

Spoetnick_2-6-12.jpg

I am a weed wacker...I just go crazy and butcher my plants....but they love it, and so do I..Smells so good when you are doing it too......

Go for it. You wont hurt em. You may not get full benefit starting this late. But you will get light to buds. And that's what we're growing. Buds, not leaf.

Yes and again its all because of you Bassman.... LOL...I been doing some reading and when I went to check on the girls last night, I saw leaves covering buds. I mean total shadowing if not total darkness.... So I snipped... guess I didn't read far enough cause I took the whole leaf off not all but middle finger... Hope it will all be ok. It should as I didn't take off too much, just leaves blocking buds...

OK I have a question for you Corey and or anyone who cares to answer it....

In hydroponics what can I give the girls along the molassas side? I heard not to give them molassas in hydro cause it will screw up the buckets....foam or something if I remember right.... I just wanted something during flower to pack on the weight...

Molasses is just given to feed the microbes, living organisms in soil that do the work of breaking down nutrients and delivering them to the plant, in a nutshell. With hydro nutes, they are already in available form, so no need for organisms to do the job...so, no need for microbial buffet of sweet food...

Thanks guys! I will keep that in mind.

Well I have said it before and I will say it again....I just can't leave well enough alone...

First let me say all is well.

Next, I am changing shit.... I used to be a jeweler, before my injury, and I have lots of oxygen and acetylene tanks. So I just called and they will swap me an oxygen tank for a CO2 tank and $20 to fill it. So I am adding CO2 to my room by weeks end. I learned some cool stuff about CO2.

GT is right.

Potassium (K) in the N-P-K is what really adds weight. High K during the last few weeks will really pack it on.

Hmm.. I've already gone to crazy bloom mix (but at 65% or so). At what time frame would you suggest to do so Corey?

Yes and again its all because of you Bassman.... LOL...I been doing some reading and when I went to check on the girls last night, I saw leaves covering buds. I mean total shadowing if not total darkness.... So I snipped... guess I didn't read far enough cause I took the whole leaf off not all but middle finger...

I take em all if they have a stem. I'm not the expert at it. It's my first go at major defoliating. I'm still reading and asking questions on it myself too. But yes, I do take the whole leaf. My grow just happens to have a number of single finger leaves too. Those that are left (I havent really finished my pluck) didnt have a stem to speak of.

Corey, I have been only using the nutes at 1/4-1/3 strength. So like tonight for example, I will change the water in the buckets and add nutes. Each bucket will get 8ml part A and 18ml part B and 5 ml bloom booster. Each bucket will get approx. 4 gal's of water. Now I changed 5 days ago and have been doing so 2 times a week, new water and nutes, and last time I added 3 ml cal mag too. This time I was going to add Humbolt Crystal Burst 0-16-16 too. I did add some when I gave each bucket a gal of water yesterday(too lazy to change out the buckets).

What do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom