Ok Noob First Grow

re: Ok Noob First Grow

Plants looked amazing this morning after a water change and nute add last night. I increased the nutes again and gave them a shot of everything. I used the BPN chart and added to each bucket 10ml part A and 18 ml part B, 5 ml Liquid Bloom Booster, 3 ml calmag, 5ml Humbolt Crystal Burst and ph'd to 5.9. Each bucket has 4 gals. PPM were at 500. I know thats low but everything looks great and I am adding new water and nutes 2 times a week.

I picked up my CO2 bottle and now just need the regulator for it and I will add it to my room. Update just ordered the reg and timer unit. Be here by monday. Also ordered hangers for the additional lights.

We modified the T8 lights and will add them Monday when the hangers arrive and add the exhaust to veg room tonight. This should control room and res temps for now, a water chiller is in the works.

New 460cfm exhaust fan installed. I bet that room hit 100.... well it's fixed now...Those poor clones...

Ok new Exhaust works great. 79 degrees and falling. Moved the Hygrometer in just to check. Veg room back to where it should be and will be better when we put the 6" fresh intake this weekend.

Flower room still looks amazing to me but I may be slightly biased....
02-08-12_Spoetnick_19_days_flower.jpg

19 days flower
02-08-12_Spoetnick.jpg

for size
I am pretty pumped. I have never grown before and these look great! Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone!!! And Thanks for the Nutes Corey and BPN!!!:adore:

New exhaust is in and temps are back down in the 70's...YIPEE!!!

Now to the bad... I found spider mites last night and this morning I found webs. I sprayed with neem and insecticide soap this morning. Going to get ladybugs for the rest of the week. Monday when the regulator comes in I can crank it up to 14,000 part and that should kill the mites(prolly the ladybugs too).....Damn soil plants...

. Monday when the regulator comes in I can crank it up to 14,000 part and that should kill the mites(prolly the ladybugs too).....Damn soil plants...

I wouldn't count on that working. Have yet to talk to anyone first hand that has got it to work. Many that haven't

Let us know if you have any success.

Well its at least good for the plants right?(@1400ppm) I heard that it doesn't work and picked up the Hydro shops recommendation... Azamax I will spray them tomorrow with that. Also got this cool 360' sprayer bottle. Hell of an idea....

Not much new except buds growing bigger!!!

well ok there is the 12 new buckets in the veg room. Pics and details to come soon.

Tomorrow my light hangers and co2 regulator comes in.

Trimmed lots of leaves off all the indicas. They needed it. Pics are before tonights trimming.
Spoetnick_2-12-12_pic_2.jpg

Spoetnick_2-12-12.jpg

Hope you get the mites under control. SNS has a spray that is supposed to take care of them pretty effectively (SNS 217). I have a bottle of it on hand just in case. I still haven't had to deal with the mites or gnats yet, I have the stuff in my "break in case of emergency" cabinet.

The plants are looking nice!

Steve, Ya I have SNS 217 too. I used the 2 sample bottles early on and it seemed to work well. I am out and noone in the state has it. I have been treating first day was Neem oil and Insecticidal soap spray. 2 days later was Azamax treatment. Today I will also do an Azamax treatment. Then on thursday I will do one more treatment and that should do it. If I see any signs I will do more treatments but will stop at least 3 weeks prior to projected harvest.

CO2 regulator and controller came in but there were supposed to be 4 pr light hangers and only 2 came in....not happy about that. Still want to get that fill in(T8) lights hung.
Spoetnick_2-13-12.jpg

Spoetnick_2-13-12_pic_2.jpg

these are my Spoetnick Indicas
new_12_buckets_in_veg_room.jpg

After long and hard consideration I just went with 12 individual buckets. Thanks for the ideas and help Bassman... I just don't have the extra room to have a res at this time. I may expand later....

Thanks Corey, Couldn't have done it as well as I have without BPN and You!!!

UPDATED PICTURE -Here is the next generation coming in 2-13-12

New_12_buckets_in_veg_room_2-13-12.jpg

Still need to panda plastic the buckets, but a friend gave me 8 MK Ultra clones today...I kept 4 best.

So there is 4 mk ultra(Clone), 2 Grand Daddy Purple(Seed), 2 Blueberry yum(Seed), 2 Spoetnick(Clones)
2 #2(Clones) all in 5 gal buckets/ drip rings.

I am excited as I was informed that a friend of mine has a male White Widow seedling. I told them that I want it and they said fine. I will isolate it and grow it until my current flowering is done. I will then flower it and use it's pollen with colloidal silver. I am going to order that today.

Update: colloidal silver ordered.

oh ya I forgot to mention... I made my first batch of medicated cookies last nite. I used one package of choco chip mix and 4 oz of cannabutter. 2 cookies sent me for a loop for the nite!

Today the new light hangers finally arrived. By the weekend I will have the T8's in for fill in lighting for better lower bud development.

I must have left the CO2 on too high of flow as the new tank drained in 3 days.... I will have to get it refilled and put back into place as the ladies in flower loved it!

Speaking of that, the plants all look better. I think I have the spider mite thing fixed. The plants they were on just look better. I have sprayed ALL the plants with Azamax. I have added Azamax to the water/nutes when I water and feed the soil plants(buggy). I have had the CO2 up to about 12000 for 3 days... The soil plants look greener and are again the tallest in the room.

My target date is 29 days from harvest(from a 56 day target). I think some will be ready in 21 days and some in 32 days and the 2 in soil still 45 days to harvest.

Been reading up on harvesting and curing...

I need some help right away....

It has been cold here so I have been running a heater in my room. The heater has been heating up the extension cord I was using so I switched to a heavy orange cord. Well last night the heater tripped the breaker and the ladies got only about 2-3 hours of Lights On!!!!

Question is what should I do? Change the cycle or wait till its lights on time again? It also killed my airstones and drip rings. Those are back on now. Oh and the temp got to 54 degrees last night without the lights or heater.... glad i insulated as well as I did....

Don't know how far along in which cycle you are. But getting an extra bunch of hours of lights on for a day wont hurt.

I'd git rid of the heater though.

Don't know how far along in which cycle you are. But getting an extra bunch of hours of lights on for a day wont hurt.

I'd git rid of the heater though.

Bassman, I am 28 days into flower. The lights went OUT about 3+ hours into the lights on cycle.

Heater has already been replaced.

I called the Master Grower at one of our dispencaries and saw another one, Both said it should not cause a problem this far along. If lights didn't go out for the dark cycle that could have been a bit more of a problem....

ahh.

I had the timer glitch out on my grow in flower after about 6-7 hrs and turn on. So the girls got 16 or so hours of light after the shorter dark period. No biggie. They didnt freak out. It was my current grow in fact. Was a weird thing with the timer. I made sure to go through the entire weeks timing schedule on it again and it hasn't happened again.

Back
Top Bottom